User Tag List

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thrifygranny hope Jayden is feeling better today, take care
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-thriftygranny so glad you son is on the mend
    -mrs.sunhine good luck wit the job hunting -I will be doing that down the road -after i watch "ashyn" for a few months
    -jasper dont worry our boys could change as they get older -my hubby grew up on "kraft dinner"now he loves ribs ,lasagna(not homemade thou-he has a texture thing too-imade him try a teaspoon of cesar salad on our cruise-he didnt like the texture

wll pick up my car this afternoon-not a frugal day in this house

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl hoping your car repairs are not serious or too expensive, cars are a great convenience and sometimes necessity but expensive, all my guys have texture issues, dh is getting better at trying new things but d2 (logan) can't even eat noodles without gagging but heck what can you do. Jaden has in the last year tried eating new things and does eat things even if he doesn't like them, however, he also now knows his way around the kitchen and can run the toaster oven and Panini grill like a Masterchef (lol)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Just heard my washer ring, so I'm off to hang the whites now and then see if I have enough room to throw in the darks (if not will do this tomorrow before the rain). Also looking at all my carcasses and soup stocks pulled from the freezer it appears I have enough to make 2 soup pots, so I will make the 1 today as planned (chicken & rice) and will make chicken and pasta tomorrow, so will be stocked (get it....all the soup stock in the freezer) for dh & I to have soup atleast 2-3 times a week for quick lunches or as a side dish for our suppers.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by secheltsaver View Post
    Avoncallingu,the House Rabbit Society has a really good page about what to do if you find a nest,Don't worry,they will be fine,just walk the dogs elsewhere for a couple weeks.http://rabbit.org/faq-orphaned-baby-bunnies/
    Thanks very much, secheltsaver! I learned a lot. The church that owns the field had FAMILY PLAY DAY on Sunday which disturbed the nest. The y are gone, so probably the mother moved them away from the hubbub.

Thanks again!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yes cars are an expense-its more than we expected but then again my horn went ,couldn't pump gas only a little at a time -kept clicking off "the gas stations would tell me there's air in the nozzle" nope underneath was cracked,needed emmision test(biggest money gab ever)plus a many other things
    but I commited to watching my granddaugher for3-4 months,then I want to look for a job next spring-besides i won the car many years ago -so would like to keep it on the road a few more years

-cancelled a few things on t.v bill to save money,changed things on our car insurance to save xtra-have a 50.00 cheque coming from surveys-made 33.00 on kijij so far -just ordered a 25.00 walmart gift card from surveys-hey these little things in life add up for sure

-I better go hang out clothing too line -I gonna rain on and off starting tonight for the next couple days
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Aug 19th, 2014 at 09:15 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

oh my-was unwell this morning so went off to find a doctor-$250 later for an office visit and medicine-they thought I was allergic to something here even though I have never had allergies in my life. They wanted to test me but I said No since we leave for Paris on Fri anyway! Give me a Canadian doctor anyday. Anyway then DD and I went sightseeing!

JandC-soups are a great idea. I often make lentil too with ham or smoked sausage-don't know if your sons would like.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Last day of work for the week, taking the rest of the week off to spend with kids, hit a flea market and Wasaga beach and then we leave Friday camping. Will tidy/pack what I can tomorrow. Post things for sale tonight for sure! Didn't get the laundry put away last night but it will be there tonight and had to enjoy the evening with my bestie. Life is so busy and its hard to get together just the 2 of us (we hang with our wonderful men and kids often but sometimes its nice for us to chit chat on our own over dinner )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had bought Kraft BBQ sauce awhile ago at .67 and 50 cents a bottle (and some I received 400 PC points per bottle) Not my fav but wanted to stock up for cheap crock pot sauce etc. Then I scored the Free Sweet Baby Ray bbq sauce with coupons I traded for, which is my fav sauce! So just sold the 16 Kraft for $8

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so far no word yet... would be nice to know either way.
    for now. im just doing some tidying up. working out projects to be finished, christmas presents to be completed as well. yes i know early. however before we know it....
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    ThriftyGranny so happy your son finally got his surgery hopefully he will have a quick and speedy recovery.

Lizzie Hope you feel better, if it is allergies they can be the pits. Not sure what the weather was like in Europe but here they are saying this year that allergens are so bad those who have never suffered from allergies are this year.

Have not been around much had a bit of a hard weekend emotionally, I was not feeling myself and really just wanted to be left alone which did not happen. We went shopping on Saturday since Mom had to work I did the shopping well she was working which I had to do since I cannot go this weekend as I have our company golf tournament on Saturday. I got a ton of Pink Stickers deals at RCSS. Than on Sunday I did my first big Shopper's Drug Mart shop, did not go exactly as I planned but still happy. I will try to post my deals tonight if I get a chance once I get home.

Talked to my friend who is in a coma Mom and am completely heart broken for his family. They brought him out of the coma last week to access his memory which they were worried about and it was not good. They determined he still needs more time to heal so they have placed him back in the coma. I cannot even start to think how heart breaking this was to wake him up only to have to put him back under. As well his memory is not good, he does not have any recent memories and long term (not sure if I am using the correct wording) are kind of hit and miss. My hear breaks for them to wake him and than put him back under and to see him have the memory loss, memory loss alone can be heart breaking (I have had/have grandparents who have dealt with memory loss). I wish there was something I can do for them but really right now all they can do is wait and pray.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

does anyone know what these 'quote posts' were getting up with our likes is.. i just tried to look at one, it took me to a 'warning page'. very odd.
    avoncallingu likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Forgot to mention anyone who uses diaper coupons be ware there is a fraudulent Huggies coupon out there, I do not know the details but when I went to cash on Sunday at Shoppers and he saw coupons he asked me to look them over before we started (yes my heart stopped for a second thinking my shopping trip was ruined) but than explained there is a fraudulent Huggies coupon they are to be on the look out for.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    does anyone know what these 'quote posts' were getting up with our likes is.. i just tried to look at one, it took me to a 'warning page'. very odd.
    Yup I got this too, found it strange as well.
    Well i got about 3 hours sleep last night, had to be back at the hospital early this morning. They are sending him home this afternoon so I will pick him up and then I have to go to work unfortunately, but my Husband is leaving work early to watch him. he is pretty helpless and will need help for pretty much everything and he is in a ton of pain today so it could be interesting, he will get a cast when the swelling goes down so with it just being wrapped we have to be super careful, his next surgery is scheduled for 6 weeks time.
    Everyone have a wonderful day!
    Crochetlady and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie , hope the meds help

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information