User Tag List

Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl you will have a blast babysitting Ashlyn, wonderful to shred some $ from our bills, you're doing awesome,
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley sorry to hear the sad news about your friend, time heals and it sounds like his body still needs to recover. hope you find comfort, hun

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went home on my lunch to watch Till Debt do we part lol. Posted a few things for sale. Have a $5 pick up arranged for when I get home from work

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Yup I got this too, found it strange as well. Well i got about 3 hours sleep last night, had to be back at the hospital early this morning. They are sending him home this afternoon so I will pick him up and then I have to go to work unfortunately, but my Husband is leaving work early to watch him. he is pretty helpless and will need help for pretty much everything and he is in a ton of pain today so it could be interesting, he will get a cast when the swelling goes down so with it just being wrapped we have to be super careful, his next surgery is scheduled for 6 weeks time. Everyone have a wonderful day!
    poor guy, don't worry the guys will manage and probably have a few giggles along the way, take it easy and rest while you can. Hopefully the pain meds work quickly and do not lead to dependency which could become a problem in itself.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning everyone! Well, it's a few minutes away from noon....

Ashley, wishing all the best for your friend. Sometimes those healing comas can really work well...

Hot day today, gah! It's the worst in the late aft and evening in the house, no matter what I do.

Have a great day, everyone!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

FBM what channel is til debt do us part and are you with bell? I watch it a 400pm on channel 211 on Bell sat but which they would show some episodes from her other shows, they are quite helpful and can be quite uplifting or make us see what small changes we need to consider and she makes so much sense

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hi all,

Laundry is all hanging outside . Will fold all the laundry this pm while watching the news.

1st pot of rice, rutabaga, carrot, beans (canned of mixed beans - kidneys, chick peas, etc) is done, the broth is made of chicken stock/bones but there is no chicken in the soup (haha, I guess I cleaned those babies real well after we ate the chicken) - it made 4x Litre mason jars

I decided that since I still had a little bit of energy to move forward and start the 2nd pot today instead of tomorrow, didn't really want to but I know once it's all done I'll be happy as I never know what my energy level will be like tomorrow. Need to use up a few bags of frozen veggies which I got for free last year (they are still good) so I will put them in the soup along with the noodles and we'll call it a day.

Chat soon ladies

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just received two great trades in the mail.

I also picked up a bag of free crab apples this morning. I was able to buy a pumpkin press (I didn't know it by this name), second hand for $10. LO just went down for his nap, so I'm going to tidy up the kitchen and start making some crab apple sauce. I don't can, so I plan on freezing it in labeled yogurt containers. Here's hoping it tastes good. I have made apple sauce, etc. with family members in the past. That's why I made sure to buy this kind.

Name:  Apple sive.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  6.3 KB
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I just received two great trades in the mail.

I also picked up a bag of free crab apples this morning. I was able to buy a pumpkin press (I didn't know it by this name), second hand for $10. LO just went down for his nap, so I'm going to tidy up the kitchen and start making some crab apple sauce. I don't can, so I plan on freezing it in labeled yogurt containers. Here's hoping it tastes good. I have made apple sauce, etc. with family members in the past. That's why I made sure to buy this kind.

Name:  Apple sive.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  6.3 KB
    you'll do great angela, you could also you a ricer but it's much smaller than what you purchased. wow I better start looking at those apple trees, the crab apples must be early this year, I normally only harvest them around labor day, are they sweet?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    FBM what channel is til debt do us part and are you with bell? I watch it a 400pm on channel 211 on Bell sat but which they would show some episodes from her other shows, they are quite helpful and can be quite uplifting or make us see what small changes we need to consider and she makes so much sense
    Yes I'm with Bell and it's early 200's at 12:30.
    Crochetlady and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

[QUOTE=lizzie bargain;6046620]oh my-was unwell this morning so went off to find a doctor-$250 later for an office visit and medicine-they thought I was allergic to something here even though I have never had allergies in my life. They wanted to test me but I said No since we leave for Paris on Fri anyway! Give me a Canadian doctor anyday. Anyway then DD and I went sightseeing!

Oh, Lizzie I hope you start feeing better! Sometimes just the change in routine and types of food and water that you eat/drink on holiday can set your system off. Best wishes enjoying Paris. (Have you tried Gravol or Dramamine or Pepto Bismol? - the generic form of Pepto Bismol is called Bismuth.)
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    christmas presents to be completed as well. yes i know early. however before we know it....
    I would say, "Bite your tongue!" But I know you're right! I haven't been able to shop the sales this summer, so I'll have to be perhaps an on-line shopper We do get lots of suggestions on SC, though.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

[QUOTE=thriftygranny;6046834]Yup I got this too, found it strange as well.
    Well i got about 3 hours sleep last night, had to be back at the hospital early this morning. They are sending him home this afternoon so I will pick him up and then I have to go to work unfortunately, but my Husband is leaving work early to watch him. he is pretty helpless and will need help for pretty much everything and he is in a ton of pain today so it could be interesting, he will get a cast when the swelling goes down so with it just being wrapped we have to be super careful, his next surgery is scheduled for 6 weeks time.

You might want to get in touch with Lynn49, she broke her leg badly in May and has had surgery and has been recouping. She might be able to fill you and your son in on some hints about making his journey easier.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-my neighbour left me her son's phone number in my mailbox-we say hi to each other -they keep to themselves-cause they are going away to their cottage for 2 weeks -incase something is wrong with the house etc-in my mailbox was a nice jar of homemade jam with his phone number wrapped around it -nice gesture

-ashley sorry for your friend who is in a coma

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ACU. actually one of my presents is on line.. the other im making. a wreath for a friends door.
    plus a decoupaged canvas of a famous singer for her daugher. for each an ornament. nothing fancy but well appreciated.
    well i can only assume i'm not receiving any calls for a job today.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information