User Tag List

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner is done. Everyone fed. Kitchen clean. Just waiting till 7 to run dishwasher. Will gather laundry and put a load on at 7 too. Then put the dry stuff away. Move my drying racks to spare room to hang stuff when wash is done. ( expecting rain tonight). Then tackle basement a bit and post stuff for sale. Tidy dining room.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -my neighbour left me her son's phone number in my mailbox-we say hi to each other -they keep to themselves-cause they are going away to their cottage for 2 weeks -incase something is wrong with the house etc-in my mailbox was a nice jar of homemade jam with his phone number wrapped around it -nice gesture

-ashley sorry for your friend who is in a coma
    very sweet
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Washer and dishwasher running. Dry laundry put away. Laundry soap purchased Sunday put away. Trying to take DS and dog to dog park before rain comes but DS doesnt want to go anywhere

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Here's a tip to know if apples are ripe/ready to eat the seeds should be brown if not they are not quite ready

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Laundry is all folded and put away. 2nd pot of chicken, veggie with noodle is done and just about cool enough to put in the freezer, so now I'm going to sit and relax. I asked MIL if she was going into town this week if she could bring me as I'd like to stock up on PRIME whole chickens which are $2.00 lbs at FreshCo. this week, nothing else really is turning my crank.

Going to head over to pinterest to look for some recipes (lol), I now know that the guys will not eat

soft cookies
    anything with oatmeal
    no bananas or fruits in cookies

Looking for everyone's 2 cents....I know baking from scratch is healthier than store bought and takes so much better but

NF has 500g of Mr. Christie's cookies (various kinds such as choc. chip) for $3.49 a bag so it doesn't seem financially feasible to make them from scratch once we take into account the choc. chips even themselves, any input would be appreciated.

See ya later ladies

PS looking for names for the September thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

That one grocery bag of bruised crab apples turned into 3.5 yogurt containers of un-sweetened apple sauce. I will not eat it this way. It is way too sour. I froze 3 containers of it. The other 1/2 container is in the fridge. I am giving it to the lady that gave me the apples. I am getting more apples from her tomorrow. She wants to buy various stuff that I turn the apples into. Baking and possibly apple sauce. She is also giving me more containers that I can use. I am hoping to make more apple sauce tomorrow. It was REALLY fun to mush it all up.

I'm currently making cream of mushroom soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I tutor in less than an hour.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Frugal - buying a new strapless dress online ($3) and converting an old bra into a strapless one with a few snips and tacks (FREE)

Not so frugal - pedicure with mom and sister

Frugal - DH sold two barn cars and parts

Not so frugal - he is out using that money to buy a VW Super Beetle as we speak (this one is in running condition and will save him time and money, neither of which he has a lot of, on his current project). It is actually my hope he will sell the last of the barn cars (his VW Beetle) and put the money away for upgrades on the new one!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS wanted to go to bed early. So I am on the couch now. Since tomorrow is around the house day/get ready for day trips and weekend camping I can relax now and get at it in the morning.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Got a call yesterday from one of the stores that sells my towels. They`re right out so I need to have another 20 done by Thursday in addition to the ones I was doing for AnnaMae`s. There is a woman who comes into the store and buys 10-20 at a time. She resells them somewhere else. My hot wax bath is being used frequently.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Feeling well this a.m.-thanks for the kind wishes. I do have travel health insurance( which I have never used before) so I can claim back the $ in Canada I think.. Out for traditional German food last night-too die for. One plate was too much for 2 people. Brought home ham on a bone and today making lentil soup with a %50 off round loaf of yummy looking bread.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

lizzie glad that you are feeling better, have fun and enjoy the food & the culture with your daughter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Up early again this am as Chester needed to go pee, enjoying my coffee, going to vacuum the living and tidy up as ds2 is coming back today with FIL and dh & Jaden will return sometime tomorrow I think. Wishing everyone a fabulous day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning. Decided to hang laundry out to dry since it's sunny out but calling for rain later. Oldest DS is off on a road trip and youngest is still in bed. Have 2 pick ups this morning since I was planning on puttering around here till appt at noon. Then May head to Barrie to visit family and Costco. Really should get to basement and garage and post stuff for sale. People get the child tax credit today so they seem to like to spend it

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Pulled my back. Off to the Chiropractors this morning. Local benevolence has a bag sale on. May go check that out as DH and I need new clothes. Ours are getting worn.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ds and I found a kids basketball net on side of road last night. He loaded in vehicle and I sold it for him this morning. He can't believe how quick it sold and wants to sell everything now lol.

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information