User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Do you like to save your SDM points for large redemptions or redeem often?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh, I should add that I was visiting friends in Toronto and went to a Shoppers (I believe it was in Ajax), that had an actual boutique in it! Designer purses and watches - I would definitely redeem for that if they had one in my area!

Also, along the lines of what ticul said, I also redeem for Christmas gifts. With the Shoppers pre-order forms for games last year, I was able to get my brother 2 xbox 360 games, a tablet for my dad, and a Sony ereader for my sister-in-law (along with a few other items at 2x mega redemptions).
    Last edited by luckbealady; Wed, Aug 20th, 2014 at 03:29 PM.
    TooCouponCrazy and amira84 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lately I have been alternating each week between 20X (either through a promo or a coupon) and redeeming 95000 pts. However now I am overwhelmed by the stockpile so I am going to start doing small redemptions and holding my pts.
    ummitc11 and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't have much money for anything other than rent and utilities prior to mid 2011. I learned how to get food and other items out of thin air. It was very hard to say no to my kids but they would help out in our strategies.
    Many different changes and I actually do have some money now.
    I find if you keep a list of items you want and need than SDM is the same price as most other stores on sale price. Extremely lower sales require timing and travelling with no guarantees.
    Personalized emails are great for comparing weekly need items. I enjoy free items like $2 off coupons on $1.99 sale prices.
    I save the points for redemption days and still try to get the most out of that because its considered my money. We have done a $600 value 95,000 point redemption on everyday items, splurged on electronics on sale price and bought our own splurged hygiene and Christmas gifts.
    I want to thank everyone for helping me to learn all the SDM strategies for living better for less

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I only redeem during a bonus or mega redemption to get more for my points. I typically save them until xmas but I have redeemed a few times throughout the year. If I redeem throughout the year then I always make sure to pick up a DS game or Wii game or anything that can be put away for xmas.
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I usually redeem at larger levels and when there's other offers happening..the one's I like best are when you spend $75.00 you get a $10.00 Tim Hortons and a SDM GC, and I'm usually lucky with my mailed offers, so if I get one spend 50,000 pts get 15,000 pts etc..it's a win win situation I get $20.00 in gc's, around $20.00 in pts and I only use the pts they gave me!!
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    I don't redeem lower than 50000 points level.

Eg) If you redeem 22000 and 38000 you spent total of 60000 points for $90. When you redeem 50000 you get $85...

Best is wait for get 15000 or 30000 back coupon. For 35000 points I get $85 of free stuff.

So for 25000 points you get $5 (60000-35000), not good deal. 25000 is worth $60.
    I also find the get 15k or 30k back promos the best.

I will also do the 25k = $50 that they have every so often (one should be coming up in September!).

When I redeem for $100+ usually I have to look for fillers or buy higher quantities than I have room to stock them.

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Wed, Aug 20th, 2014 at 06:51 PM.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I try to save them for Christmas time. I do redeem some for great promotions but it has to be too good to pass up on.
    ROMEO and luckbealady like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information