User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Non-Brag Rant!!!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am sorry to post this, I try to stay positive and give folks the benefit of the doubt, attempt to interpret posts content rather than tone. But I am P.O'd!

Back story, yesterday I spent 6 hours shopping for DD and DS at the mall, back to school. This in and of itself a chore, but shopping with 14 year old DD, whom I love with all my heart, is painfull. She has to try on every piece of clothing, every pair of shoes. UGGH, but I digress. Last stop WM, last few items and recon for the next day. As I am about to go to the cash, there were a couple of ladies with a cart a quarter of the way full of Herbal Essences. I asked them about it, wondering if perhaps WM was having a sale of its own. Nope, they proudly told me they were PMing Loblaws 95 cent sale and with coupons, how each bottle came to 20 cents each. I discreetly mentioned to them that the sale was only for Monday and today was in fact Sunday. They shushed me away and stated the sale was for the week. Tired, I went on my way and paid for my items and drug my behind home. I would however hit WM when doors open at 7am today, Monday, the day the sale was supposed to be for. Got to WM, for 7, just before I had to start work, barely anyone there, grab my cart, rush to shampoo........and there is another girl with a cart a quarter full of herbal essences and a fistful of coupons. Good for her, except the only bottle of Herbal Essences left on the shelf, had a busted lid. I only wanted 8. I thought we Canadians were a polite bunch? I thought us couponers had a Code, to not clear any shelves, (unless you are late to the party and it's the only one left)?

I then analyze this whole scenerio, why am I so ticked? Is it because I did not have the nerve to do either of these things myself and I am jealous? But you know, No! I am not! I am proud to be an SC'er with a code to follow.

Thank you for listening
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws
    Last edited by hannahtjmom; Mon, Aug 25th, 2014 at 08:06 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sorry that happened to you. Shelf clearing is annoying. Did you try asking the stock boy/girl or going to another store? Do you think the ladies that were there the day before the sale ended up cashing out on the wrong day? That's cashier error
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

That sucks! Sorry that happened to you!

I'm seeing more and more stores putting limits on things. I'm guessing its because of things like this.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's some nerve, and to be so deceitful on purpose. I hope the cashier caught onto the dates - it clearly states the daily deals on the flyer. Sorry to hear that you missed out on the shampoo deal...hopefully you can still pick some up? Asking the stock people is a good idea too.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Sorry to hear that. I never understand why people need to buy so much. Sales always seem to be coming and why do you need so much stuff at home or even if you are donating. I PM'd Loblaws on Friday for 4 bags of Chips and on Saturday for 4 bags of Cookies but that was it.
    Silk, hollyquaiscer, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Should add: I find that if it is one of these one day sales, its best to go to the store with the sale (Loblaws). They are prepared for the huge influx so have bought extra stock, and if they don't have it, you can get a raincheque.

Hopefully you have a Loblaws near you?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm sure they're going to donate some so that makes it ok. *Rolls eyes**

I have to say you are superwomen for spending 6 hrs shopping with your dd! Mine's 11 and I can barely handle 30 mins of shopping with her because she's so picky lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

As a former 14yr old who was picky (I could not find 5 items I'd want to try on and was tall/large footed!) on shopping trips, may I suggest what I do now for myself and also if I am able to endure a shopping trip with Mom (if she does not shop with purpose, I'm not going to be there-buying food only at a food court is not justifying my time):

-List-what items are you looking for? Which stores have them(reference website or flyer) and the prices. Sizes to try: list two because fit is funny no matter what age you are clothes shopping.
    List first two colour preferences as well. Never know--you might find one for you...

-are these stores in one mall/big box area?

-are you going by car or public transit? How much time can you allow for trip? Which day? Who else needs things from the trip? What's on their list? AND on your list? Are you paying for everything or does each kid have to contribute to paying for a wish item beyond your budget?

Maybe you have to ensure that you can have a bevvie or snack during the trip to shop with the kids or do separate runs or just say-you have 1h to find the items. Then we are leaving.

When I'm by myself and I know I have 15min or 30 min to do a mall blitz for non-clothing or accessory items, I have that list and go to the shops and head back to bus stop.

When I had regular car access, shopping a mall after 7pm on a weeknight meant little pressure in dept stores and more attention in smaller stores if needed and NO CROWDS.

Mom's not keen on my rules but when she comes back solo from mall browsing, she's usually empty-handed except if she had a snack or meal. She knows I mean business (i.e. buy something needed) if I am accompanying her. Pity she's not Net-savvy; she'd get a better understanding of deals/offers/limited time if she had to research rather than nag me to go shopping with her. The good stuff is not in her budget and hustling on short notice for a deal is rare (unless she says she wants something and here's the money to get it-then I go).
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Aug 25th, 2014 at 12:26 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Friday while shopping at my local WM in Edmonton, I was price matching about 10 items (not the shampoo ). Because I had 4 kool-aid jammers that I was PM, the cashier called a CSM. Turns out, there is a new store policy that only allows a total of 6x 1 item to be PM (If I had 7 jammers, I would of had to put 1 back). This was news to me. Maybe a crack down on people like the ones you ran across.
    Silk, hollyquaiscer, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Yikes! I would be annoyed as well. People should follow the flyers properly and not clear shelves. I don't blame stores for putting in limits. That way everyone can get a deal. I'd rather have to go to a few stores if I want a lot of something instead of all the shelves being cleared everywhere I go.
    ROMEO, hollyquaiscer, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by megansavingmoney View Post
    Yikes! I would be annoyed as well. People should follow the flyers properly and not clear shelves. I don't blame stores for putting in limits. That way everyone can get a deal. I'd rather have to go to a few stores if I want a lot of something instead of all the shelves being cleared everywhere I go.
    I would of been a meany - I would of went to the cashier at Wm and told them that two women were price matching on a "monday only sale" then told head CSR - then the two women would have learned to be honest and its people like that who ruin couponing

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

At my store today some ladies tried to pm the larger bottle and the csm had to call loblaws to verify because the size was not specified, needless to say they didn't get their 30 larger bottles of herbal essences for 95 cents a bottle
    Want to get 4 free plates of food from Chef's Plate? Your first 4 plates are free when you sign up under my referral link and you can cancel at any time!

Looking to earn gift cards and more by just searching and doing surveys? Sign up for Swagbucks today!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Some of the cashiers have backbone by verifying the PMs...clever.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I would be upset as well.
    ROMEO, hollyquaiscer, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm sorry you didn't get your shampoo. I wish stores would put limits on ANY and ALL sale items. Some do and other do but don't follow through with it, and others don't and don't care. It's people like this that give honest couponers a bad name. They obviously don't care whether others are able to partake in the amazing deal....

BUT, HIGH FIVE's to you for lasting that long with a 14 years old girl who's out to look her best for the upcoming school year. This high five comes with the utmost respect to you. I was there, did that. Raising 5 daughters I feel your pain. You are amazing and honest, that's what counts. It's not great to watch people misusing coupons but you know what....YOU walked out of the store with your head held high, on both days. There will always be another sale, and by then, hopefully the cashiers at your WM will have learned to scan the PM ads a bit more carefully and the couponers that misused the coupons have moved to a different area
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information