Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Really hot here today.
    Got a lot of laundry done today, will finish up tomorrow.
    Made BBQ pork, with mashed potatoes, and my nearly free bush beans for dinner.
    Off to catch up on some other threads before big brother starts, then have a relaxing evening.
    Have a good evening everyone.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Question for everyone, do you use online sites like Swagbucks to earn rewards? If so what sites do you use? Which is your favourite? Which one do you feel has the best pay outs?
    Angela sorry but I don't use any online sites.
    Is it to purchase things online?
    If so I don't purchase anything online.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

2 more sleeps until school!!! WOO HOO!!!! Been bleeding money these days. Got an absolutely sweet deal on hockey equipment. A guy on kijiji had purchased all new hockey gear(except skates) played for an hour, realized he was horrible, and listed all his gear for $200. He had no takers, so he lowered it to $150. He even threw in the new bag, 8 rolls of tape and a new practice jersey on top of all the equipment. It was men's large and fits my 12 year old son. SCORE!!!!!!! A retail value of no less than $600 and in mint condition.

Bought school shoes and skates today. I was stunned when my sons feet were measured at a mens 9.5. He is 12 for crying out loud. He grew 2 sizes in hockey skates in one year. Insane!! He is still my baby though

My younger sister has been in labour for 26 hours and only 2 cms dilated. I have barely slept and am so anxious to meet the newest little family member.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful summer.
    Last edited by cdngal75; Sun, Aug 31st, 2014 at 07:56 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We caved and turned the AC on too.
    Sassy I only use swagbags, I don't have time for others. I typically earner 10-15 dollars a month and it does make for a nice bonus at Christmas as I turn them all into amazon gift cards.

Took advantage of the checkout 51 deal on Klondike bars. DH and I both have an account and i had the coupon so it was free. We also had the same shoppers offer of 1.99 for any Kellogg's which lined up nicely with the vector offer of CO51. Hubby has enough cereal to last until Christmas, maybe Easter.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

here's the new September thread link for tomorrow

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/390243-...a/#post6059246
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    2 more sleeps until school!!! WOO HOO!!!! Been bleeding money these days. Got an absolutely sweet deal on hockey equipment. A guy on kijiji had purchased all new hockey gear(except skates) played for an hour, realized he was horrible, and listed all his gear for $200. He had no takers, so he lowered it to $150. He even threw in the new bag, 8 rolls of tape and a new practice jersey on top of all the equipment. It was men's large and fits my 12 year old son. SCORE!!!!!!! A retail value of no less than $600 and in mint condition.

Bought school shoes and skates today. I was stunned when my sons feet were measured at a mens 9.5. He is 12 for crying out loud. He grew 2 sizes in hockey skates in one year. Insane!! He is still my baby though

My younger sister has been in labour for 26 hours and only 2 cms dilated. I have barely slept and am so anxious to meet the newest little family member.

score indeed
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Angela sorry but I don't use any online sites.
    Is it to purchase things online?
    If so I don't purchase anything online.
    I virtually never purchase things online. I live in a smaller city and usually just make do with what we can get here. The items that I have purchased I cannot find here and are hard to find when I travel to Regina (2.5hrs away). With Swagbucks you can redeem your points for a variety of things, including PayPal. I just use Amazon.ca I have also traded away $5 Amazon.ca electronic gift cards for various other gift cards and valuable coupons.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Frugals purchases:

Mcdo McWrap at 50% with coupon....I love the chicken and bacon one.
    Darn printer dont work...otherwhise I would saved more...(with the 1,50$ lean cuisine expiring today coupon)...Purchased 4 lean cuisine at 2$ (Maxi)...enter the codes..before I gave those to my friends..take 5 minutes to gain an FPC for Lasagna...They give you points for subcribed and 1000 points is easy....I will do it from now..enter my pin when purchased.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post

Awesome deal on the hockey gear!

Oh, I understand about the feet growing, by 12, my son wore size 12 shoes - then he went up to a 13.

Hoping all goes well with your sister's birth, that's a heck of a long labour without it going far.

--------------

Did nothing special today, except took an extra nap, lol!
    It's been rainy and cold, ick.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43

Thread Information