User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 30,000 Aeroplan points for signing up to Amex Gold

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bpcrally View Post
    There is a rumor that that this promotion is in its final month FYI. Anyone on the fence should sign up soon!
    I heard this in another forum. But I don't know. Seems crazy they would discontinue it. Tons of people are signing up because of it. Now... how many keep the card. That is another matter

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This deal is here to stay. No point in american express to end it, their referral program is great and their product is great.
    I hope they will bring back the referral bonus for the amex gold though.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah they are still keeping it alive for now. I've had several friends sign up for it - My fiancé and I are going to Italy for our honeymoon because of it!
    30,000 Aeroplan points when you sign up to Amex Aeroplan Gold with a referral. That's enough for a round trip long haul flight within Canada and the US!!
    Click Here to sign up!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bpcrally View Post
    Yeah they are still keeping it alive for now. I've had several friends sign up for it - My fiancé and I are going to Italy for our honeymoon because of it!
    super jealous and congrats on your marriage!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I recently got the AMEX AeroplanPlus Gold Card and I'm really happy with it. The Aeroplan miles are collecting faster in the three months that I've had the card than ever before. The card is free for the first year, so I have a free year to determine whether the perks outweigh the costs before renewing it for a fee. So far I am getting 1 Aeroplan mile for every dollar that I spend, plus I got 30,000 bonus mile for signing up.

More details about the deal below:

American Express has an awesome Friends & Family promotion.

This is the first travel rewards card that enticed me to sign-up and share with my friends and family. Normally, since these miles are so rewarding, they take years to accumulate, but with this deal, you get enough miles for a free flight anywhere in North America.

American Express is offering 30,000 free Aeroplan bonus miles when you sign-up for their AeroplanPlus Gold Card! You only need 30,000 miles for (2) round-trip short haul flights, or 25,000 miles for a free round-trip flight to anywhere in North America! They’re also waiving the annual fee for the first year ($120 value) which means there’s zero cost to you making this an unbelievable freebie! All you need to do is charge $500 in purchases to your card within the first three months of card membership.

The deal gets even better when you consider that if you refer someone else to sign up for this card, you earn an additional 10,000 miles. There is no limit to what you can earn. You’ll get your own referral link after you sign-up and activate the card. People will want to use your referral link because they’ll get 30,000 miles with your link vs only 25,000 miles if they sign-up directly through Amex.

If you’re not planning any travel, you can use the miles to buy merchandise – including gift cards. 30,000 miles can get you at least $200 worth of gift cards!

Remember, the first year is absolutely free, so if you decide the card is not for you, just cancel it and you get to keep the 30,000 free Aeroplan miles!

This exclusive offer is valid for Canadians only.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used Aeroplan for an around-the-world trip in Business class last year, and plan to do the same this year. This is the most generous signup bonus on a FYF card, but this certainly isn't Amex's best travel card.

The referral program is great, and I've been very lucky in getting referrals. I think partly due to the fact I can help others with complex bookings to make the most of their points.

Feel free to msg me if you have any questions about this card!
    Last edited by tylerc; Tue, Sep 2nd, 2014 at 04:44 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

UPDATE: There has been a change to American Express Friends & Family promotion.

Their offer is subject to change at any time and it seems that it has changed. They are now offering 26,000 free Aeroplan bonus miles when you sign-up for their AMEX AeroplanPlus Gold Card.

I hope that if you were interested in the card, you had a chance to sign up while it was still offering 30,000 bonus miles. While 30,000 bonus miles is an incredible deal, 26,000 miles is still enough for a free round-trip flight to anywhere in North America or $200 in gift cards so it’s still a great deal, just not as good as it used to be.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    UPDATE: There has been a change to American Express Friends & Family promotion.

Their offer is subject to change at any time and it seems that it has changed. They are now offering 26,000 free Aeroplan bonus miles when you sign-up for their AMEX AeroplanPlus Gold Card.

I hope that if you were interested in the card, you had a chance to sign up while it was still offering 30,000 bonus miles. While 30,000 bonus miles is an incredible deal, 26,000 miles is still enough for a free round-trip flight to anywhere in North America or $200 in gift cards so it’s still a great deal, just not as good as it used to be.
    In addition to what Drew posted about the reduction in welcome bonus, AMEX also removed the first year free
    My Tangerine Orange Key is 36089282S1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information