User Tag List

Page 188 of 654 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

packing and dehoarding - stress of moving from Hamilton to Regina this month
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

speaking of injurys...lol i did something to my foot last weds...i have been walking on my heel ever since, my dr was on vacation so i have been in agony all this time, its either a rhumatoid arthriits flare...or planter faciitis? (imo) the celebrex is useless.....
    will know more on tuesday.

*sheesh*
    macw1960 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Coupon pad stealer! I was happy to see new coupon pads up at my local grocery store on Friday. Forgot to pick up some coupons on my way out, so I headed back today and entire pads were ripped off. They were specific for one type of product - Cavendish fries. Is it a coincidence...I think not !

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sibling got a used car from a friend for a modest amount. Car's only 18 years old...dislike it immensely. Hope he does not list the larger sedan but bet it is gets on Kijiji this month.

Where's the Subaru Forester, Universe?? C'mon!
    macw1960 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    Coupon pad stealer! I was happy to see new coupon pads up at my local grocery store on Friday. Forgot to pick up some coupons on my way out, so I headed back today and entire pads were ripped off. They were specific for one type of product - Cavendish fries. Is it a coincidence...I think not !
    I noticed that too, was in Friday to loblaws and went back tonight to get a few things and ALL the cavendish fries coupons were gone, and the cardboard backing and plastic peg with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel, macw1960, wolfwoman and 1 others like this.
    Want to get 4 free plates of food from Chef's Plate? Your first 4 plates are free when you sign up under my referral link and you can cancel at any time!

Looking to earn gift cards and more by just searching and doing surveys? Sign up for Swagbucks today!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

So after not having to take the bus for two years cause I have a car I took the bus on Thursday to go to class. since it's cheaper than buying a parking pass and the bus pass is included in my tuition. I realized how much I despise taking the bus. I have pain issues with the left side of my body because of the type of arthritis I have and so I can't stand for long periods of time (more than 5 mins) in one stop and trying to stand on the bus is worse. Well this lady got pissed at me for not getting up for her. I really wish that people had more respect and understanding when it comes to stuff like this. :-( just wish I had the money to afford a parking pass so I didn't have to put up with ignorant people.

GoJays, macw1960, emg and 2 others like this.
    Want to get 4 free plates of food from Chef's Plate? Your first 4 plates are free when you sign up under my referral link and you can cancel at any time!

Looking to earn gift cards and more by just searching and doing surveys? Sign up for Swagbucks today!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Kayla Dawn-if you are going to university, there's a chance you can find out if there's an opt-out (get that fee refunded) on the bus pass through Student Services (who likely arranged the deal for the students at the university). But there is likely a small window of time NOW to apply for it.

Found a 2010 Ombud report related to issues with U-Pass for students who could not use U-Pass. $145 per semester charged for the bus pass per student.
    http://www.uottawa.ca/ombudsperson/s...e_u-pass_0.pdf
    There are a total of 5646 full-time and part-time students whose residence is in Québec, 1683 of whom reside outside the STO territory. Only full-time students are required to pay for the U-Pass.
    Participation is mandatory for all eligible full-time students, including students residing outside the OC Transpo territory. Some exemptions were negotiated and are found in Schedule A of the Agreement.
    One of the recommendations:
    Given that the small minority of students residing in Québec but outside the STO territory could not, by virtue of their small number, have a reasonable
    expectation of influencing the overall vote, and given that they are unlikely to use the U-Pass, they should be given the option to opt-out of the program or should be exempted. It seems unreasonable to expect these students to support the public transportation costs of other students. Alternatively, if it is impossible to negotiate their exemptions from the universal program with OC Transpo, an increase in the cost of the U-Pass for all users should be considered to offset the financial burden on these students and provide for reimbursement upon request.
    3) It is recommended that any future referendum on the issue of the U-Pass specify clearly the categories of students that would be exempted.
    From the University fees page:
    http://www.registrar.uottawa.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=4721
    Student Federation of the University of Ottawa (SFUO)

Breakdown of Student Levy / Contractual Agreements

U-Pass

The U-Pass is valid from September 1, 2014 through April 30, 2015. The amount paid is $376 for the validation period; payable with the tuition fees of the Fall session. Full-time students who are registered in the winter session only, (and were not registered in the Fall), must add $188 to their tuition fees for the U-Pass, valid from January 1 through April 30.

For further information, please visit the website of the Student Federation of the University of Ottawa, or the Graduate student's association of the University of Ottawa.
    http://sfuo.ca/?s=u-pass+exemption
    Can't open the link>error

OC Transpo U-Pass webpage:
    http://octranspo1.com/tickets-and-passes/u-pass

The exemptions can be applied by students living in the following areas:
    Opt-Out Process

Students living outside of the City of Ottawa, as well as at many of the rural villages and communities inside City borders, may opt-out of the U-Pass program and receive a refund. This includes communities such as Almonte, Carleton Place, Dunrobin, Carp, Osgoode, Russell, Metcalfe, Embrun, Rockland. Also, Para Transpo users may opt-out if they live in the Para Transpo rural zone.

» Carleton University Opt-Out Information
    Call 613-520-7400 or e-mail [email protected] to discuss U-Pass exemptions

» University of Ottawa Opt-Out Information
    Call 613-562-5966 or e-mail [email protected] to discuss U-Pass exemptions

» Saint Paul University Opt-Out Information
    Call 613- 782-3008 or e-mail [email protected] discuss U-Pass exemptions
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Sep 8th, 2014 at 10:23 PM.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Young lady (teenager) gave me dirty looks early this evening. *rolls eyes*. She came to the door with a clipboard. I was sitting in the living room watching tv and saw her approach. She knocked and rang the doorbell. I decided not to answer and stay put in my chair. As she passed by the front window, I was given a dirty look. Excuse me, it's my abode and I decide whether I want to answer the door or not. I use to move away out of view if sales people approach. I don't bother anymore.
    Last edited by toban; Mon, Sep 8th, 2014 at 11:16 PM.
    Natalka, Ciel, GoJays and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ciel, thanks for the info I checked with the terms for upass and the only way I can get out of it is if I am living in QC or only taking two courses(part time) so I have to keep it. Might try talking to someone. Trying to see if things might get better. Oc transpo has the option to get a priority seating card might have to do that so I have no issues, provided it's not a huge hassle to get. :-(

macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Found a couple of the $3.00 off any Tylenol coupons and picked up 5 $3.00 Tylenol packs. At check out it took 3 cashiers, 1 CSM and 1 accountant to make sure I could use the coupons. And even though I told the lady with a little boy that they maybe a while, she still got pissed off at me. And then the cashier entered the coupons wrong( entered as 3 $5.00 coupons) and then they had to void the transaction and start again. UGGGHHH!
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

The kind of bad day you are in pain,goffy and you miss one appoitement....So ...Why I did go out to bed to affront this...? I hope tomorrow will be better to me.
    GoJays, macw1960 and Linda Evans like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

stores that don't restock specials already on a Monday and you make a special trip for said special. Staff just shrugs their shoulders on whether more will be brought in...
    Natalka, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Overcast day>mood leveller. At least I prodded sibling to check how Dad was handling the chainsaw around a fruit tree he had taken down. Amazing what a query about smoke and chainsaw can do to get oblivous sibling to go outside.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Just an aching knee today...hard to walk and difficult to do housework...maybe it will just have to wait.
    Ciel, wolfwoman and Linda Evans like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Went into RCSS this morning to grab a couple of things. While walking through the pharmacy section, I saw a woman wipe out the $2.99 Tylenols. I thought "Really?" But I didn't say anything as she had small children with her. Freaking pi$$ed off right now.
    Ciel, macw1960, beckie.c and 3 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Thread Information