User Tag List

Page 189 of 654 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

^ no wonder I cannot seem to find any of the new coupons. Been to loblaws everyday for the past week and board is wiped clean
    Ciel, macw1960 and momi like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Last July, the City of Regina implemented a mandatory curbside recycling program... which made me happy because I'm a pretty big recycling supporter. In the information packet they explained everything that they recycle... Glass food and beverage containers, certain Plastics, Aluminum, etc.

Today CBC just released an article about how they found out all of the glass food and beverage containers (like jam jars, pickle jars) have not been recycled but have gone to our city landfill instead... to the tune of about 650 tonnes. Ugh it makes me feel sick to know that all that landed in the dump....

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@beckie.c - Look at what is on the City of Regina website for recycling: a breakdown of costs for the service. http://www.regina.ca/residents/blue-...1&restart=true

If I were you, I'd e-mail my councillor and Public Works Manager and City Manager about the breakdown of costs, the CBC News item and request a refund on the portion of the fee that applies to processing the the recyclables. If enough residents did that, City would have to writedown the cost of its expected 25% of never-realized recycling money and the credits/money on taxpayers' bills. Don't let the matter slip.
    GoddessDigi, BC Gal and beckie.c like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

oh beckie, that's crazy! Hoping that hasn't happened in Saskatoon as well - I'm sure it will be looked into here as well.

My rant is that sometimes frugal cooking takes TOO much work! Yes, it's good to big batch cook - I made pots of borscht - but OY, is my body sore!
    Ciel, macw1960, wolfwoman and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    Last July, the City of Regina implemented a mandatory curbside recycling program... which made me happy because I'm a pretty big recycling supporter. In the information packet they explained everything that they recycle... Glass food and beverage containers, certain Plastics, Aluminum, etc.

Today CBC just released an article about how they found out all of the glass food and beverage containers (like jam jars, pickle jars) have not been recycled but have gone to our city landfill instead... to the tune of about 650 tonnes. Ugh it makes me feel sick to know that all that landed in the dump....
    oh no..I am moving there in 27 days. I love that Ontario recycles everying
    Ciel and beckie.c like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

my huge rant against Hell..I mean Bell - I contacted them to let them know my possession date in Regina has moved from Sept 10 to October 3 - I need one more month - contacted Anna ...Bell Canada
    Hi Deborah,
    I've forwarded the information to my colleague for modification.
    Thank you, -Anna
    9/2, 8:32pm
    Deborah
    Do you know if this has been done or should I call tomorrow
    thanks
    September 3
    Bell Canada
    9/3, 11:18am
    Bell Canada
    Hi Deborah,
    I'm checking. I'll let you know for sure before end of day.
    -Anna
    Bell Canada
    9/3, 11:56am
    Bell Canada
    Hi Deborah,
    It's all been taken care of.
    Enjoy your day.
    -Anna

I get home from a long day of work - big boss dad possible open heart valve surgery - so rebooking people - turn on my tv and call my hubby cause he is headed to Regina no tv, phone but internet.

After an hour with a supervisor - got tv and phone.
    Glad I am moving to Sasktel
    Ciel, seylz_gurl, beckie.c and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Some answered calls just take persistence or letting go. But for the matter of service and billing, you are already billed for up to Sep. 27. So you should not be getting stuck for a full Sept 28-Oct 27 cycle>that would need to be pro-rated.
    Can someone at your building collect your mail after move (pay him/her or give some stuff) so that you'll know when the Bell bill comes?
    beckie.c likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    Young lady (teenager) gave me dirty looks early this evening. *rolls eyes*. She came to the door with a clipboard. I was sitting in the living room watching tv and saw her approach. She knocked and rang the doorbell. I decided not to answer and stay put in my chair. As she passed by the front window, I was given a dirty look. Excuse me, it's my abode and I decide whether I want to answer the door or not. I use to move away out of view if sales people approach. I don't bother anymore.
    OMG...what a bit$#....thats pretty sketchy behaviour to gawk in your window. If i know the salesman are making the rounds i do NOT answer...for some reason hubby feels he has to open the door....
    I have this sign on my door,,,it helps a bit. ;-)

http://www.oxhill.org.uk/OxhillNews/...oldCallers.htm
    toban, beckie.c and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cata View Post
    ^ no wonder I cannot seem to find any of the new coupons. Been to loblaws everyday for the past week and board is wiped clean
    Yeah - I could sure use a coupon for some Tylenol. Haven't seen this magical 3$ coupon anywhere..
    beckie.c and momi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post

When I worked at A&W we had three containers in the restaurant for customer's garbage, one was for bottles, one was for compost, and one was for the rest of the garbage. And the customers were always really good for putting the right things in the right containers. But the thing was, when we emptied all the bins we were instructed to put everything in the same dumpster out back. I worked at a couple A&W's in the area and all were like this. It seems like no one cares about recycling but they just like to pretend they do.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfranco View Post
    When I worked at A&W we had three containers in the restaurant for customer's garbage, one was for bottles, one was for compost, and one was for the rest of the garbage. And the customers were always really good for putting the right things in the right containers. But the thing was, when we emptied all the bins we were instructed to put everything in the same dumpster out back. I worked at a couple A&W's in the area and all were like this. It seems like no one cares about recycling but they just like to pretend they do.
    That's brutal!
    Ciel and jamesfranco like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Not leaving my acreage for a few day so I shouldn't have any rants for a while but you never know
    Ciel and GoJays like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

+1, this doesn't just happen in Regina either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @beckie.c- Look at what is on the City of Regina website for recycling: a breakdown of costs for the service. http://www.regina.ca/residents/blue-...1&restart=true

If I were you, I'd e-mail my councillor and Public Works Manager and City Manager about the breakdown of costs, the CBC News item and request a refund on the portion of the fee that applies to processing the the recyclables. If enough residents did that, City would have to writedown the cost of its expected 25% of never-realized recycling money and the credits/money on taxpayers' bills. Don't let the matter slip.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

they've gotten so big they just don't care anymore. I dropped them last year after being a loyal customer for years and being treated terribly.
    Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    my huge rant against Hell..I mean Bell - I contacted them to let them know my possession date in Regina has moved from Sept 10 to October 3 - I need one more month - contacted Anna ...Bell Canada
    Hi Deborah,
    I've forwarded the information to my colleague for modification.
    Thank you, -Anna
    9/2, 8:32pm
    Deborah
    Do you know if this has been done or should I call tomorrow
    thanks
    September 3
    Bell Canada
    9/3, 11:18am
    Bell Canada
    Hi Deborah,
    I'm checking. I'll let you know for sure before end of day.
    -Anna
    Bell Canada
    9/3, 11:56am
    Bell Canada
    Hi Deborah,
    It's all been taken care of.
    Enjoy your day.
    -Anna

I get home from a long day of work - big boss dad possible open heart valve surgery - so rebooking people - turn on my tv and call my hubby cause he is headed to Regina no tv, phone but internet.

After an hour with a supervisor - got tv and phone.
    Glad I am moving to Sasktel
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @beckie.c- Look at what is on the City of Regina website for recycling: a breakdown of costs for the service. http://www.regina.ca/residents/blue-...1&restart=true

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfranco View Post
    jamesfranco that is so disappointing to know...

I'll definitely be writing a letter to address my concerns. I've been waiting to see what type of reaction comes out from the city. I'd like to see them and the recycling company address the situation and offer solutions and next steps for both the recycling and the financial side of things, rather than just react to the bad press. I know that no program is going to ever be 100% efficient, but I don't like that they weren't transparent and upfront about the limitations.

So far the city has stated that they do 'recycle' all undamaged glass, which contradicts the CBC article. If this is the case, I'll gladly set aside my glass products in my garage (I maybe have 1-2 empty glass jars per month) and if allowed I'll take them directly to the recycling facility once a year or so, instead of letting them get broken in the blue bin.
    Last edited by beckie.c; Thu, Sep 11th, 2014 at 01:35 PM.
    Ciel and jamesfranco like this.

Thread Information