User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Is it worth it to collect points any more?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well i never thought about shoppers years ago -til my teenager daughter at the time always shopped on 20 times the days and came home with all this makeup -nice stuff as she called it -urban decay ,smashbox for free when se had a 100.00 redemption
    -she showed me the way now I have been doing top redemption every year at xmas got 2 digital camera a few years back high end perfume for hubby and I last year a high blood pressure monitor for me-wait til the top level -then it really benifits you
    -look for sales with your coupon use ,everyday milk,eggs are cheaper,20 times the points days,or update your email bonus points-when you start shopping there more- they send me in the mail promos like spend 65.00 save 20.00 or coupons like 2.00 off life brand garbage bags etc
    -I dont have a printer so-don't need the other email cpns -l am happy with what they send me as there are only2 of us in my household -this year I am at 157,000 points
    like natalka stated it took her thru an helped her out for 2 months (all her points programs)

-I say if there is a free points program or stamp card for smaller business's-by all means we need all the help we can with rising costs nowadays
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Sep 11th, 2014 at 03:31 PM.
    Silk, CrazyQT, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well i never thought about shoppers years ago -til my teenager daughter at the time always shopped on 20 times the days and came home with all this makeup -nice stuff as she called it -urban decay ,smashbox for free when se had a 100.00 redemption
    -she showed me the way now I have been doing top redemption every year at xmas got a digital camera a few years back high end perfume for hubby and I last year a high blood pressure monitor for me-wait til the top level -then it really benifits you
    -look for sales with your coupon use ,everyday milk,eggs are cheaper,20 times the points days,or update your email bonus points-when you start shopping there more- they send me in the mail promos like spend 65.00 save 20.00 or coupons like 2.00 off life brand garbage bags etc
    -I dont have a printer so-don't need the other email cpns -l am happy with what they send me as there are only2 of us in my household -this year I am at 157,000 points
    like natalka stated it took her thru an helped her out for 2 months (all her points programs)

-I say if there is a free points program or stamp card for smaller business's-by all means we need all the help we can with rising costs nowadays
    Oh, add that to my redemption item list from my earlier post too - a Fujifilm digital camera.
    Ciel, macw1960 and Anna Michele like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

for a makeup and perfume junkie like me, sdm's reward points system is the best. they give me $$ when i spend $$ and that for
    me is a whole lot better than what Sephora does to its customers ( ehem, hello crappy "perks" ). plus, sdm carries chanel, guerlain, ysl and dior. srsly, sdm is the best place to go for a makeup and perfume junkie like me.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

SDM has the best rewards program IMO......I hope/wish/pray they never change it
    uanoor, Ciel, coupon girl and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i got my sdm card 5 yrs ago & i RARELY use it....i find it so expensive, id rather shop at target or walmart. i pop in occasionaly to check out the clearance rack or sales (if any).& to buy bus tickets.

& there is ALWAYS a long line up at the check out.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I forgot to mention to buy a SDM gift card first (you get points) than use it to pay for non point items do add up. Bus tickets, lottery,stamps, prescriptions etc.
    Ciel, macw1960, redhdlois and 3 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I think it all depends on how you use the program. I have never reached the highest level to redeem and probably never will. But if they have something on sale or I have a personal offer what we need I go for it. The way I see it every little bit helps. Now would I ever buy my make up there, heck no not when Wal-Mart is $3 to $5 cheaper for that I am willing to forgo the points. But the way I see it like any other points program if you are the cheapest on an item I need and I will earn points yeah me, if it will cost me more to get points than I will choose the cheaper out of pocket cost.
    I don't have a Wal-Mart close to me (my area is not keen on letting big box stores access). Maybe that's a good thing? LOL.
    Ciel, macw1960 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like the SDM program. If you sign up or update your profile you will receive personalized coupons. Dollar amounts off or bonus points. I plan my shopping on 20x the point days, personalized coupons etc. Yes some items at SDM tend to be more expensive compared to Walmart. I don't own a car, so if something is only a $3.00 difference between Walmart and Shoppers, I will go to SDM. I can walk to SDM in 10 minutes verses spending an extra $3.00 on bus fare for a 20 min ride. I collect my points and save some of them for emergencies. If money is short, I have points to redeem on household goods. Saving points for Christmas is also something I do. Redeem points for chocolates, gift sets etc.
    Silk, CrazyQT, Ciel and 7 others like this.

Expert in My Town :) thriftymom75's Avatar
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I love the SDM points program. There are a lot more 20x the points days and it's so easy to rack them up when you mostly shop those days. Last year alone I cashed in my points for over $1000 free groceries and free gifts for Christmas. Sure helps out for gifts. I'm actually thinking about getting my kids an xbox one for Christmas - on a 20x points day. I should get back around 100,000 optimum points

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

YES its totally worth it!! I find most things cheaper at shoppers, crackers, cookies, chips, eggs, bread, milk, pop, water etc etc. When these items are on sale combined with a 20x event it is so easy to accumulate points and still pay less. Shoppers is only expensive when you don't shop during sales or you don't know how to take advantage of the Optimum program.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love SDM points. Especially now with the frequent 20x and 20x coupons they email constantly. I find it extremely easy to collect points.
    Ciel, coupon girl and macw1960 like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just really started shopping at SDM last year when I started reading about how you can maximize your points. I buy eggs, tp, razors and cereal when I can combine the purchase with coupons and promos. Lately I have become obsessed with the personalized offers! I get free toothbrushes and free or very close to free cereal and crackers. I only make enough points for one top level redemption a year, but it helps out so much at Xmas! I hoard all my points and rebates for the most expensive time of year.
    Check out Swagbucks if you haven't already!
    Swagbucks - swagbucks.com/refer/nonprofitjfo

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

missnita, It's definitely worth it! I posted this in the "what's your best shop?" thread last week, thought you might want to see an example of what you can do...

I had an optimum card for years but never really used it or knew much about it. I started to seriously use it a couple of years ago, and when I realized how good the program was I got a card for my hubby. His reaction was "yeah, whatever. I'm not gonna carry another stupid card.". So I carried it and put purchases on both. Made sure I took advantage of bonus days and coupons, and built up a lot of points. I made a couple of mega-redemptions, but it was always for household things that get used but not really noticed.

Fast forward to last week: We're taking a trip in October that involves a long plane ride. Hubby says "Gee, it would be nice if we had a tablet computer to keep ourselves entertained on the plane. And maybe we should get a new small digital camera, so we can each have our own, that way we won't fight over the one we have (like we always do on vacation). "

I say "well, we have enough points on our optimum cards, why don't we go down to SDM and take a look on Saturday morning?"

Saturday morning, we walk out of SDM with TWO Acer Insignia A3 tablets (one each!), one Canon Powershot SX600, and a full set of memory cards + spares for all. I did 4 redemptions in total (2 on each card), combined with the set of 3 mailed coupons ($20 off wus $75, $15 of wus 60, $10 off wus 40) and our total out-of-pocket expense was less than $50. Took hubby over an hour to pick his jaw up off the ground. He's still babbling to anyone who'll listen about what a great deal his wife got on the weekend.

Ahh, it feels good to be appreciated.
    Last edited by lorken; Mon, Sep 15th, 2014 at 01:05 PM.
    jsmile, Ciel, coupon girl and 9 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'll use Optimum until such time the program wraps up or the program stops providing points per dollar spent. I'm the small-shop customer who goes in for the 6-pk pop, Life paper products, snacks and occasional skincare products, with the occasional $30-40 shop (when I need items and they are all in-stock). I donate my points to a cause after my shopping-not keen to do redemptions in-store because I don't spend a lot of cash there.
    I agree that some Shoppers don't have enough cash counters open for lineups. It must be a psychological retail ploy to put in three regular cash counters but only have 1 and sometimes 2 open (not including the cosmetics cash area).
    My local Shoppers did not renovate this summer, contrary to what I was told this winter...
    macw1960 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

So far in 2014 I've done 6 95,000 pts redemptions and now have enough to do another one, and probably soon will have enough for another one after that... so I havne't really seen a decrease to the pt availability....then again, I buy a ton of diapers and there is always bonus printable coupons for those and I only go when it's 20x or 18,000 wubx.
    Join Swagbucks, and use my refer link!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ren318

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information