User Tag List

Page 106 of 149 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2234
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have loads of cherry tomatoes. I plan on donating some to the neighbour, keeping some for myself. I believe one of the soup kitchens/homeless shelters takes donations and would like to donate their too. Onions are doing well, peas didn't. Mandevilla still blooming. I figured the roses were done for the season but to my surprise spotted a few more blooms.
    Natalka, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well, my garden survived the multiple nights of forecasted frost. I covered a lot of the garden. I even had to go outside and water it today. It is supposed to be in the 20s all week.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    My neighbor's blooming apples, pears and grapes are blooming falling all over my yard and making my dog sick and leaving an insect heaven on my lawn. I wish they would blooming cut their trees back to their own side.

On the other hand, we have some roses peeking through. Nice surprise!
    I'm not sure if you ARE in Gatineau... but if you're in QC you can't http://www.educaloi.qc.ca/en/capsules/trees-and-fences
    Ciel likes this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

@BC Gal ... here's the Tromboncino I was telling you about...

Name:  IMG_3329.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  55.2 KB
    Natalka, Ciel, GoJays and 2 others like this.

MY WISHLIST

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    I'm not sure if you ARE in Gatineau... but if you're in QC you can't http://www.educaloi.qc.ca/en/capsules/trees-and-fences

Thankfully when I tell both my neighbors their trees are interfering either they cut them or I do but I think that certain municipalities do have a minimum distance than you can plant them from the fence.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Thankfully when I tell both my neighbors their trees are interfering either they cut them or I do but I think that certain municipalities do have a minimum distance than you can plant them from the fence.
    Backyard neighbor has maples lining the back fence... apparently it was already that way when she bought the house... patio stones at the bottom of the stairs were redone a few years back but thanks to those roots, you can imagine what they look like now
    Ciel likes this.

MY WISHLIST

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

@BC Gal... here's the Tromboncino I was telling you about...

Name:  IMG_3329.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  55.2 KB
    So cool! Have you grown them before? I guess you have to have the plant grow vertically to get it long and straight like that. What do they taste like?

Has anyone here grown long beans?
    ROMEO, Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BC Gal View Post
    So cool! Have you grown them before? I guess you have to have the plant grow vertically to get it long and straight like that. What do they taste like?

Has anyone here grown long beans?
    First year growing them successfully lol... oddly enough they're now outlasting/outproducing the tatume and yellow prolific. I made squash taters out of them and they taste a bit sweeter then regular summer squash. Just made a thai curry soup with the one in the pic since a squirrel took a bite out of the peel... I couldn't let that one cure.

I read on a gardening blog that they taste a bit more like butternut (skin turns orangey) once you let them cure, guess I'll find out this winter. You're right about the straight factor...most of my squashes I grow either on a 6.5' trellis or the chain link fence and I noticed the few that started curling seemed to have touched something either the bed or a pole.

No clue about long beans but if you grow them I want to see pics/review !
    Angela273, Ciel and BC Gal like this.

MY WISHLIST

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

First year growing them successfully lol... oddly enough they're now outlasting/outproducing the tatume and yellow prolific. I made squash taters out of them and they taste a bit sweeter then regular summer squash. Just made a thai curry soup with the one in the pic since a squirrel took a bite out of the peel... I couldn't let that one cure.

I read on a gardening blog that they taste a bit more like butternut (skin turns orangey) once you let them cure, guess I'll find out this winter. You're right about the straight factor...most of my squashes I grow either on a 6.5' trellis or the chain link fence and I noticed the few that started curling seemed to have touched something either the bed or a pole.

No clue about long beans but if you grow them I want to see pics/review !
    Yummmmm. My new place has lots of old overgrown plants but nothing edible except grapes. It will be quite the job to get some bare ground to plant. I think I'll probably have to hire someone to pull out some of the bushes and trees and their roots. Not sure what that will cost but hopefully not too much. I want to have a garden though so hopefully I'll be growing long beans next year Good idea using the chain link fence. In my old garden I used square metal fencing to make circular trellises for the cucumbers, peas and such. I just staked them in the ground with tent pegs. Worked great for shorter climbing plants though too short for squash, especially those ones, lol.

Name:  cucumbers2.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  18.1 KB
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 3 others like this.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mom's leggy chrysanthemum's have little buds. Am expecting a floral display in a week's time.
    Saw a tiny rose on one rose bush! The other rose bush that's been getting height (it was about a meter plus yesterday when I went to snip it down and the chrysanthemum stems choking its light access) never got a second crop of rose blooms. So feeding potassium aka peels to roses are fine but they are not helping in getting more roses out of the canes I trim.
    Where I had planted tarragon seeds-something (like 5 plants with long leaves and about 5" high now) is growing. Doubting it's the tarragon-maybe Mom transplanted something after I did the last weeding near the start of Sept.
    The blue-purple bushy flowers bloomed near the gas meter recently-literally has several bees (they are bigger than honeybees but not full-size bumblebees>maybe baby bumblebees?) daily on the flowers. Saw a small monarch butterfly visiting the bush too (I trimmed the darn thing two weeks ago because the stems are like leggy chrysanthemums-they reach for sky and also spread).
    Natalka likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    A nursery nearby had the one gallon pots for $79.99!

Once you get a bloom or two, I find that the next year, the number doubles and so on. Here is the wide shot:
    Wonderful! i never thought this plant has a flower. i uprooted mine because of mosquito's nesting on it.
    Last edited by Kyimir; Fri, Sep 26th, 2014 at 01:09 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So, been out of commission for 2 weeks with a sprained ankle but decided to start cleaning up today cutting the hedge and some evergreens, big mistake . Ankle is swollen and sore so I may be forced to rest yet another week.

I still have cucumbers, tomatoes, kale and swiss chard lol they are doing great

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    So, been out of commission for 2 weeks with a sprained ankle but decided to start cleaning up today cutting the hedge and some evergreens, big mistake . Ankle is swollen and sore so I may be forced to rest yet another week.

I still have cucumbers, tomatoes, kale and swiss chard lol they are doing great
    Patty that was some good job you did on your ankle. Being sidelined another week ( or more? ) will be torture for you I bet.
    Hope all returns back to normal after next week.
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Cukes were history about two weeks ago-I'm impressed you still have some growing, Patty! One parent picked the last of the tomatoes (some red, some green) as plants were taken out along with stakes this week (last day of summer-that cold day). Swiss chard is going strong in other parent's garden along with carrots still in ground. String beans are about done.
    Angela273 and GoJays like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

can anyone tell me, (rep would be best as i get it for sure that way, don't always remember to check in here) if you need to wash the liner of basket hangers, the mossy ones. we had plants in them. i want to reuse them for christmas and put evergreen branches and berries in them.
    Angela273 likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 106 of 149 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast

Thread Information