User Tag List

Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

I have given up sellling on kijiji! Even giving it away, doesn't work. However, I do awesome buying on kijiji, and find great deals! If I do go to someone's house, I go in the day, bring someone with me, and that is only for big items (which is usually what I end up buying). I had one nut, and that soured me on selling, or going at night to someone's house.

But I scored great kids deals for Christmas this year on kijij, barbie dream mansion, plane and car for $60 (I think, it might have been $70-$75, it's been a bit), higher end bincoluars for my daughter for $20 and an awesome telescope that is a $300 telescope for $50 . The man had 6, his wife was suggesting he downsize to 2, so he was clearing them cheap! Worked great for me!

But I Agree, there are a lot of cuckoos on kijiji, especially when I'm selling. I just end up donating it now.
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

My fiance always deals with people for me whenever I want to sell something on kijiji. I was selling a car once and the person who wanted to buy it asked if he could take it to his mechanic and the ministry of transportation before paying for it, lol. When he said he wasn't going to let this guy take the car without paying, not to mention taking it and driving it while I was still insuring it, he then asked if my fiance would be willing to go with him. My fiance let him know that he had to work and didn't have time to go to the mechanic and the ministry with this guy, lol. I understand that you never know what you're going to get when you buy a car on kijiji, but that's a risk you have to be willing to take unless you want to bring a mechanic with you.

Also, for those people posting a firm price and getting people wanting to pay less than that, I always list it for higher than it's worth, and higher than I expect anybody to pay. I feel like generally people want to feel like they are getting a deal, so they are likely to barter. This way, I (well, my fiance) can make it seem like it is a stretch to go down to the price we were hoping to get anyway For instance, the car I was just talking about ended up being sold (to somebody else) for $1200 and I had listed it for $1500. A year prior, I bought it for $1150, saftied and e-tested. The only work that I did on it in the whole year that I drove it was a muffler replacement (about $150) and I put about 15000 km on it, and I sold it without the safety or e-test done. Had I asked for $1200, I probably wouldn't have got more than $1000.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I agree about listing it over what you want. But then you get people offering $10. Even if I list "best offer" I get dumb dumbs saying "how much is the price???" When I reply saying "send in your offer" they ignore.

Or if you list it at a high price, I hate hate hate people who never counter offer. People do it in coupon trades too. They just say "I don't like that offer" and end the conversation at that

Ok if you don't like it, why don't you try saying what you do like and we can probably work it out!

Quote Originally Posted by sun_shine View Post
    My fiance always deals with people for me whenever I want to sell something on kijiji. I was selling a car once and the person who wanted to buy it asked if he could take it to his mechanic and the ministry of transportation before paying for it, lol. When he said he wasn't going to let this guy take the car without paying, not to mention taking it and driving it while I was still insuring it, he then asked if my fiance would be willing to go with him. My fiance let him know that he had to work and didn't have time to go to the mechanic and the ministry with this guy, lol. I understand that you never know what you're going to get when you buy a car on kijiji, but that's a risk you have to be willing to take unless you want to bring a mechanic with you.

Also, for those people posting a firm price and getting people wanting to pay less than that, I always list it for higher than it's worth, and higher than I expect anybody to pay. I feel like generally people want to feel like they are getting a deal, so they are likely to barter. This way, I (well, my fiance) can make it seem like it is a stretch to go down to the price we were hoping to get anyway For instance, the car I was just talking about ended up being sold (to somebody else) for $1200 and I had listed it for $1500. A year prior, I bought it for $1150, saftied and e-tested. The only work that I did on it in the whole year that I drove it was a muffler replacement (about $150) and I put about 15000 km on it, and I sold it without the safety or e-test done. Had I asked for $1200, I probably wouldn't have got more than $1000.
    Ciel likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

How many times do people send messages where the only thing is: "is this still available?"

Do people only want to know if random things on the internet are still available? Because I'm thinking if they want to buy it, or even look at it, they'd ask about WHEN they can come to look.

How many one sentence, waste of time emails are we going to send?
    Lyssia510 and luckbealady like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    How many times do people send messages where the only thing is: "is this still available?"

Do people only want to know if random things on the internet are still available? Because I'm thinking if they want to buy it, or even look at it, they'd ask about WHEN they can come to look.

How many one sentence, waste of time emails are we going to send?
    I'm guilty of this, BUT I do it because 95% of the ads on Kijiji in my area aren't removed when they are sold, and to gauge the craziness of the seller. A reply back saying yes it is and a general time of when I can pick it up=a normal person. A reply back saying it is but I have 8 other ppl wanting it so if you can beat an offer of xx it's yours or saying I have to meet them within an hour in the most random spot in the city=crazy/sleazy/serial killer and I'll pass.
    Sunshyne1, torontogal12 and maiyuu like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What annoys me about Kijiji are the number of expired ads and ads that say "SOLD." Kijiji should create a system whereby if you have an active ad, you will receive a daily email asking you to click the link otherwise the ad will be deleted.
    ROMEO and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I see what you mean.

When I send replies I say "Is this still available? I can meet you at X place." But I get it now with the crazy gauge. For me, I never have them meet me in my home, only a public place far from my home, so I don't worry too much about their craziness haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I'm guilty of this, BUT I do it because 95% of the ads on Kijiji in my area aren't removed when they are sold, and to gauge the craziness of the seller. A reply back saying yes it is and a general time of when I can pick it up=a normal person. A reply back saying it is but I have 8 other ppl wanting it so if you can beat an offer of xx it's yours or saying I have to meet them within an hour in the most random spot in the city=crazy/sleazy/serial killer and I'll pass.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trying to learn the ropes before putting anything up for selling, great tips Kijiji
    ROMEO likes this.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

*exasperated sigh*

I've been waiting on one lady to buy something from me for weeks. She emails me back every couple days saying sorry I've been soooooooo busy and she wanted her cousin to come pick the item up. Turns out I know this cousin. I'd like to tell her to organize her life and get it picked up with a few days or don't bother, but nobody else has inquired about the item so basically I have no reason to. It's just incredibly annoying. Like if I'm asking about an item, I plan to have it picked up at maximum 7 days later, usually far sooner.

The cousin in question is my sister's friend's mom, who lives down the road from us. I wish she'd just email or fb me and I would drop the damn thing off, or since she knows us and knows we're not serial killers, she could send her daughter (sister's friend) to get it if they're SOOOOO busy.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I would not be surprised if the buyer always saying sorry and her cousin are having a war of wills. Maybe the latter is always getting pressure to run around for the buyer and the latter is saying "not my problem."

I had an anime DVD on Kijiji for a week. Not one query-no problem, just deleted the ad. Could be another time or place where it will sell.

When I see ads 2-3months old for sewing magazines or patterns where buyers have listed the issues or pattern numbers, it's not always made known which ones are sold and which are still for sale. A few sellers do post Sold next to the item(s) that went, so the remaining items on list can be reasonably expected to be for sale.

Yes, it'd be lovely if weekly, Kijiji reminded sellers to renew their ads for one more week but not past one month of the ad being posted. Sometimes you have let listings go to pasture for awhile and try listing things again later.

The crummy photos with shadows and motion that don't make it clear what's in a bag of stuff and no real information of what exactly is in the bag-mixed patterns, all size 12 women's patterns from 80s, or such, drive me up the computer screen!
    ROMEO likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I hate how I try and sell something high value, a burburry card holder that I bought for 220... I had it posted for 120, in my mind I would take 80 if offered... NOPE pretty much everyone has the nerve to say they will give me 20-30 bucks... What is wrong with people?
    ROMEO, Ciel, francine1985 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by idonovan View Post
    I hate how I try and sell something high value, a burburry card holder that I bought for 220... I had it posted for 120, in my mind I would take 80 if offered... NOPE pretty much everyone has the nerve to say they will give me 20-30 bucks... What is wrong with people?
    I was selling a little tikes castle slide from a smoke free pet free home that was always kept/used inside I was asking 75$ figuring people would try to lower the price. (I wanted 60$) I also stated pick up only. I kept getting offers for 20-45$ and everyone wanted us to deliver it too. i changed it to 60$ firm (still pick up only) and stopped getting low offers but people were still wanting us to deliver it. we eventually found a buyer who showed up gave us the 60$ we were looking for and was thankful to get it. i paid a small fortune for it when ds1 was 1 and while it was loved and used by both kids it was in perfect condition and looked brand new. i think those low offers would have been better suited for a mud caked sun warped/faded version of a similar toy.
    ROMEO, Ciel, Decaf and 2 others like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am selling a brand new item with the tag still on it for $170. It is still being sold online for $270 plus customs duties and shipping.

Apparently, $100 off isn't good enough for people and someone asks me if I will take $200 off.

No. Kijiji person, you can go buy it online for $100 more.

First and last time I buy something online that's final sale! The website listing was totally misleading!
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Oct 7th, 2014 at 04:20 PM.
    ROMEO, Ciel, francine1985 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Same here, I have brand new item (never used, with tag on) for sale for 75 - 80 % off retail price and they still wants to slash my listing price down 50%. Good luck try buying that in store or online. I stopped selling because some people expect to pay a few bucks for it even though my item worth a few hundred.
    Last edited by Decaf; Tue, Oct 7th, 2014 at 05:13 PM.
    ROMEO, Ciel, francine1985 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

had a great transaction on kijji last week. gave seller what he asked with no haggling and he threw in something for free saying glad someone could use it. very happy!
    ROMEO, Ciel, Decaf and 2 others like this.

Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information