User Tag List

Page 206 of 654 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 256 306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'm running swim club for my daughter's school this year... my first year with it so i'm still figuring it out (along with the whole bus issue and a bunch of other chaos with it, then add on today is parent Teacher interviews..so we all meet at the pool)a tad bit of stress figuring it all out.. cut off for submitting your form was Friday, we had a few last minute sign ups on Tuesday (people who would have most likely handed in their form Monday if it wasn't for the holiday) and we accepted it (last minute email to the pool).

Swim club started today! we got a parent who submitted their form at the school today! cut off was FRIDAY!,class started at 3:30, suggested parents to show up 15 min early to help prep kids.. she showed up at the pool with her kid at 3:50 (class ends at 4:15!) and expected to get her kid in for swimming/swim club.. and I had to make her kid cry as she gets snippy with me (asking who to call to get this figured out)... i'm sorry i have zero paperwork saying you've registered, your a wildly late!, i'm sorry you can't swim with us.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was going to bed last night and I was really tired, and I instantly fell asleep. After about an hour of sleeping peacefully I woke up because I heard a noise (my cat was playing with a piece of paper). I rolled over in my bed (still super tired and about to fall asleep) when my cat jumped up on the bed and onto my leg. This wasn't a big deal, she lays on me all the time when I sleep. However she decided that she wanted to jump off of me into the window (I am in the basement so the window is about a three foot jump for her from the mattress to the window sill).
    She has jumped off of me hundreds of times to get into the window without incident, but last night she dug her nails into my leg (through my blanket and scratched my leg all up) when she tried to make her jump and she missed the window and hit the wall (first time she ever missed the window too). So I had to turn on the light, make sure she was okay (because she is a cry baby), I had to wipe off the blood dripping from my leg (I have no idea how she drew so much blood considering I did have a blanket on me) and of course by that time I was wide awake.
    I wish she didn't think I was a stool for her to climb onto to get into the window while I sleep. She used to always land on me, when I slept, when she jumped down when she was younger (which always woke me up) but now that rarely happens.
    Does anyone else have these problems?
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Our library has one book about death/dying for kids. The wait list is longggggggg.

I've ordered 3 books from amazon and plan to donate them when I'm done trying to explain things to my kids. Hard subject to explain.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    I had to explain the death of my MIL who was very close to our children and the death of my father who wasn't to a 9, 6 and 4 yo many years ago..in a hort period of time.

There was also the difference that Mr P was upset because it was an unexpected death and me being less upset since my father had been suffering from several types of cancer for the previous 15 years of remission and reoccurance..

It's a hard subject and be prepared for the questions to be asked and re-asked while the children make sense of death.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Wed, Oct 15th, 2014 at 10:24 PM. Reason: words to ad context

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

cath007-do you have any hair product with silicone that is for use on ends of hair?There was one product I used to use and it costs about $9 regular. Can try using conditioner on dry hair and see if that helps too.
    cath007 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

jamesfranco-there would have been a moon outside, would there? Something to keep your cat on edge?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I feel like I am ranting too often lately. But I woke up this morning with bites all over my legs, they looked like mosquito bites but I hadn't been outside in over 24 hours. From what I can tell they aren't from bed bugs, but I still have no clue what they are from so I cleaned the house from top to bottom. Then after a long day of scratching these bites I turned on my laptop and my mouse isn't working at all so I had to use an external one, so I keep trying to use the trackpad and remembering. This will take some getting used to if my trackpad doesn't start working again.

On the brightside someone gave me some advice on here that really paid off a couple days ago, so things are looking up now.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Fleas? ^^
    jamesfranco likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

no but I will try to find those products for sure if that could help!!!
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Small rant....more like a grumble.
    Can't volunteer at mall Haunted House because Ouija has the poops
    Ciel likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Been sitting all day at home waiting on a package and again they tried to deliver and "customer not available" ...Waste of my day
    Ciel likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

My old neighbor just moved back from Australia Oct. 2 ,and went missing .His common law wife of 11 years was sent back,due to being a high risk not return and and hadn't heard from him-even on his birthday.There was an RCMP bulletin,news stories,facebook page,etc. we were all worried sick,thinking he was dead somewhere.Yesterday she messaged me to say the RCMP found him,and he doesn't want her to contact him.WTF????? After 2 friggen weeks?Thanks for freaking everyone out,especially poor GF,who even wrote him a poem she posted on the news story for his birthday.I really feel for her,him I could just slap.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My rant: Ordered a couple things off walmart online weeks ago and up to now no e-mail about the status of my order. Frustrating, never happened before. No help when e-mailed to find out....errrr.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Had to post my disgust at DH's friends today.
    They all want to party &/ get help with something.
    but when DH needs help with a clearly 2-3 man job...............Crickets

so shortly after posting on Facebook, 1 of his " buddies" showed up and helped with all the heavy stuff.

The rest of the strapping/ bricking , we can do our selves.

it just burns my butt that it has to come to this get to get help from " friends"
    Ciel and Lyssia510 like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Fleas? ^^
    I have three cats, and I just went to the cupboard and got their treatment out and treated them after reading your comment. They have had fleas before but the fleas have never bit me before from what I can tell, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did this time around.
    I really hope it is just fleas, I found a white bug the other day and an ant like bug last night (only two bugs I have seen in months in the house) so I am desperate for an explanation as to what is happening.

Thank you for your response, you may have just saved my sanity!
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Minor un-rant: some youth inquired of a parent if they can have the old sofa & loveseat furniture from the lawn. Yes-they took both away!

Thread Information