User Tag List

Page 211 of 654 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I feel crappy...no real furntirue yet, cat put a hole in our air mattress and being a girl sucks. I want to be mean and take everyone down with me. Deep breath...need more coffee

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    DH let me sleep in today (no rant there of course) but I just got up and casually asked what he gave DD for lunch/afternoon snack. He points to the Reese Peanut butter Cookies I bought in the US. WTH? Did you read the PEANUT part???

Yep, had to run to the school and switch out her afternoon snack and apologize profusely.

He really should have known better!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    well he tried and at least he was the one to go fix his mistake... my dh gets up with ds1 every school day gets him fed, washed, dressed, makes his lunch, and walks him to school. if we have to run errands I get ds2 up, fed, dressed and in the stroller. (dh is still in charge of his bath but that's usually later in the day.) this is a compromise we made because I was the one getting up with both kids for the last 5 years and still do on weekends while dh sleeps in. ds2 and I always go pick up ds1 at school because dh is at work at that point...

which brings me to my rant today. I told dh I was going to bring the kids to the hospital tims on the way home after picking up ds1. I get there and got a cookie for the kids to share and I was going to get myself an icecap and get them a chocolate milk to share. they don't sell milk there (they directed me to go to the cafeteria but they dont take debit there and im not paying 3$ in service fees to go to the atm...)and their icecap machine was down. I ended up getting a cookie for them to share and a croissant for myself. but then I had to stop at the convenience store to buy the chocolate milk I promised them and a cold starbucks Frappuccino (in the glass bottle) for my cold coffee craving which cost 6.08$(+2.87$ spent at tims.) so basically what should have been a nice treat turned out to be an overpriced splurge.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Day 5-almost dry (eye leaks a tad now and then) and am not using the cold/sinus tablets. Yesterday was drying up with bothersome cough in back of throat, which lurks yet. I'm making sure to wipe off door handles, knobs, light switches,etc with tissue and rubbing alcohol to minimize chances that the cold takes on another family member for 4-5 days.
    -------------------------------------

^GatineauGirl-Won't be a rant on the mini-cans of 7up. Plan to get some pop at Shoppers when it's on Sun/Mon special and put them where the cans were. No comments as yet on their disappearance but when the weather warms up in a few days, family member might seek the pop.

^cath007-pity that the notary public fee is not tax deductible. Sure hope you can find a way to see if there is a way for you to get into that business yourself, because business income means expenses can be deducted. You're right, peace of mind is not inexpensive (whether it's money, time for dealing with others, time getting information, stress/worry).

^midnightly-glad that you are able to drive your child to school to get the footwear switch done. What if you did not have a car/ride-someone would be going without her gear for her day. Any chance that DD is doing it for a reason (dare at school, likes white shoes more than boots for now, friend problem, classroom matter) beyond not paying attention to what you tell her?

^Lyssia510-your child still has you and we have you here on the forum! Time to spring for some major sparkly "shining like a diamond" outwear or let that anger be vocalized/use a camera to record the car/driver and send information on to municipal contact for bad drivers (if you have one) and ministry of transportation about nuisance drivers.

^torontogal12-sad to read that drivers are still not keeping aware of traffic around them two years or so after someone got killed while talking on cellphone and crossing a street. You should go all "shining like a diamond" as well or get lots of reflective tapes for the coat/bag and wrist. Pity Fabricland no longer has a spot in Hudson Bay Centre. Maybe another retailer has reflective tape for sale (don't know if Dollarama dabbles in this for Halloween).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Last edited by francine1985; Fri, Oct 24th, 2014 at 04:20 PM.
    Ciel likes this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yep, apparently even 4-way stops mean to floor it and blow through the stop sign before the other person goes through the intersection.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Apparently stop signs don't mean anything anymore.
    Ciel, GoJays and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

^selyz_gurl-this can be said of any four-way intersection near a Costco in big box land. Many drivers floor it and not wait their stop/turn to proceed.
    GoJays, seylz_gurl and macw1960 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

So when we dug up the yard, we discovered that we have an old garbage/burn pit buried there. So I had to spend hours picking up this crap and broken glass/dishes. We were never told this when we purchased the place. So much for full disclosure.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    ^midnightly-glad that you are able to drive your child to school to get the footwear switch done. What if you did not have a car/ride-someone would be going without her gear for her day. Any chance that DD is doing it for a reason (dare at school, likes white shoes more than boots for now, friend problem, classroom matter) beyond not paying attention to what you tell her?
    technically her school does not require inside and outside shoes.. i just feel she should have them (so she does not have to spend the whole school day in her big boots) and it seems the teacher didn't even realize she had inside shoes and outside footwear (even though her name is on them!) so now she knows and will try and make an effort to remind her to switch them out... the weather is changing and when it's cold and wet she needs her warm boots.. they are no help if they are left at school (i also don't want her leaving her nice warm boggs boots at school! while wearing home her $6 clearance target runners)

i also know i'm fortunate to be able to drive to her school to switch out her shoes for her boots... most her friend's parents don't drive or own a car (the only reason she does take the school bus is because the school is across the street we walk her there and she catches the bus to the other temporary school building while the one across the street gets seismic upgrades done this year)
    Last edited by Midnightly; Fri, Oct 24th, 2014 at 06:59 PM.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    So when we dug up the yard, we discovered that we have an old garbage/burn pit buried there. So I had to spend hours picking up this crap and broken glass/dishes. We were never told this when we purchased the place. So much for full disclosure.
    OMG, Wolfie.....this is scary. Honestly, I think this site should be assessed for environmental toxins. I don't mean to add fuel to your fire, but this is serious. Who would think to ask if the property they were buying was built on a garbage/burn pit? "".....ditto!

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

It's so discouraging to read negative comments in a brag thread. It happened again today. When someone is excited about a great deal and they share their enthusiasm by means of a brag, why do some SC members (only a very few, thankfully) feel the need to post a negative comment?

It's no wonder that so few of us post individual brags anymore.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    It's so discouraging to read negative comments in a brag thread. It happened again today. When someone is excited about a great deal and they share their enthusiasm by means of a brag, why do some SC members (only a very few, thankfully) feel the need to post a negative comment?

It's no wonder that so few of us post individual brags anymore.
    I agree with your general sentiment but I disagree with not being able to post informative and constructive comments that disagree with an OP's brag. Especially when it involved misuse of a coupon (e.g., Smuckers coupon). Here's a thread that discusses it: Smuckers coupon-what can this be used on?

SC gets tons of lurkers who read brag posts to suss out deals. The longer a brag remains up unedited with only comments such as "Wow, great shopping" or "WTG!", the more others will try and copy the "deal". So while we can report it, mods aren't around 24/7. A constructive comment pointing out that a certain coupon can only be used on a certain product should be welcomed. A educational comment explaining the difference between Smuckers the Brand vs. Smuckers the Corporation shouldn't not be harangued.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I received a e-mail from a french site of couponning I was subscribed but apparently not anymore because the law of spam allow to close an account if you dont consult it (1 year delay) I dont consider freebies site spam....Of coarse per chance I could resubscribe or consult what I want without being a member
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Heritance money who private you of juridic help because they considere it your money,even you have not gain it...so stupid

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Subvention for the energy program of Hydro Québec for old fridge of 14 years old and less have been cutting down .Before it was 60$ or more,now 30$ and the program will end december 31...At this price,I will sell my old fridge for more then that when it will need to be replacing.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Same thing with old cars subventions.....they cut it off..litterally....So you have to hope your car will have a value at the ''scrapp'' yard thing...
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Oct 24th, 2014 at 09:00 PM.

Thread Information