User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By tjthemanto
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By mulock

Thread: Home Depot : Appliance Delivery - Good Experience & Details Below.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Some people have had horrible experience with Home Depot Appliance purchase , but fortunately I had a good experience

Home Depot doesn't really stock the appliances ( I was told ) , they come directly from the manufacturer , unlike Future Shop , which has its own warehouse, where they come from. So in case of Futureshop , they go from the Manufacturer to FS warehouse & then to you.

In HD's case they come directly from the MFR warehouse & not HD warehouse. Although they have demos in their store.

So a thirdy party delivery guys will deliver the appliances directly from the Manufacturer , like Frigidaire , GE , Maytag etc.

Delivery :

1. They charge $ 50 for the delivery of the new appliance. I don't know if its per appliance or per delivery i.e if you order 2-3 appliances at the same time for saame time delivery its only $50 or $ 50 per appliance. So clarify that . I only ordered 1 appliance ( Stove )

2. They charge $ 20 to haul away the old appliance & recycle it. This has to be booked while ordering the appliance, so can't be added on later.I don't know if its per appliance or per delivery i.e if you order 2-3 appliances at the same time its only $ 20 or $ 20 per appliance. So clarify that. I only ordered 1 appliance (Stove )

3. When you book they will give you a bunch of dates , when delivery is available. They will tell you its between 8.00 am - 8.00 pm . Not sure if you can choose your 4 hour time frame at that time. I was home the whole day , so didn't bother.

4. The day before your delivery date . You will get an automated call telling you the 4 hour time frame , when its coming the next day. Like 8 -12 , or 12 -4 & so on. Not sure if you can book this 4 hour time frame in advance or not. Mine came at 11.00 pm in the morning.

5. They will bring the appliances inside the house & place it in the area you want.

6. They will haul away the old appliance , if you have paid for it & requested it in advance. $ 20 charge for it.

7. On the day of delivery 10-15 mins before they arrive , they will again call you that they are coming in a few mins.

8. Sometimes they might have to remove your front door , the doors & the handles of your appliance to get it in through the front door. Sometimes they might have to use other doors like patio doors , garage doors etc. So make sure your measurements are accurate.
    Let the saleperson know all these sizes & if you will have any issues fitting or getting the appliances in your house.

That's pretty much it , plus see the cheklist below for smooth delivery.

Checking the size of your door , the size of the appliances , the size of the area where you keep it ..is very very very important.

Checklist : ( PDF)

Just Google home depot appliance checklist , as I can't copy paste the link . It will come as the first search
    This thread is currently associated with: Future Shop, Garage, Home Depot
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Tue, Oct 28th, 2014 at 03:46 PM.
    strew and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    8. Sometimes they might have to remove your front door , the doors & the handles of your appliance to get it in through the front door. Sometimes they might have to use other doors like patio doors , garage doors etc. So make sure your measurements are accurate.
    You reminded me. We got a good deal on a day bed made from cast iron frame. The store delivered and it would not fit in the room. Without asking, they pulled out a hammer and started to remove the door. Good thing it was easy to remove and replace.
    It’s not a good deal if it does not fit in the room. Ha ha.
    tjthemanto likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good God, is that really how Home Depot operates?
    What if you want to pick up the appliance yourself from a Home Depot store?
    Would they even let you? Or insist on delivery only?
    tjthemanto likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    Good God, is that really how Home Depot operates?
    What if you want to pick up the appliance yourself from a Home Depot store?
    Would they even let you? Or insist on delivery only?
    Yup..looks like it. But double check it with them.

**Available online and in-store through Special Order, direct-to-home delivery only. Delivery charges apply.

I have only seen people picking up floor models, demo products etc for major appliances, when in HD store.
    Never seen people picking up brand new major appliances in HD store.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought a GE dishwasher on sale from Home Depot approximately 5 years ago. I was happy too with the experience. It took almost a month and half for the dishwasher to arrive because GE was out of stock and I had to wait for them manufacture that particular model. Overall I was happy too with my experience and would purchase from them again.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you want to pick up your appliance from home depot you can request the third party contractor deliver it to your local home depot and you can pick it up yourself.

Also, $20 per appliance haul away, must be disconnected and ready to go.

unsure of delivery fee but generally is $50 no matter how many appliances are delivered.

Thread Information