User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: CBC Scandal Jian Ghomeshi (Q host) Fired ... ???

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:22 AM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:22 AM.
    Patty Smyth and i_forget like this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think after this allegation, he's truly screwed. Lucy Decoutere is a solid witness.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014...arassment.html

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ do you know her?

This evening, As it Happens had an interview with an anonymous woman - and another will be on The Current tomorrow morning

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10...n_6071256.html
    madchives likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:23 AM.
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/...id=mailsignout

Just finished reading this piece.....
    Truth is always stranger than fiction.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

personally, (as i liked jian's interviews etc.) i find the evidence getting a bit overwhelming,
    whether the women mentioned it at the time or not (their discretion),
    i don't think anyone would say such things if not true.

and sad to see, such a person (or any) if it is so, think that these sort of actions,
    are alright
    lecale likes this.
    if you have some spare time

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Just going to add, MacClean's says Don Cherry is paid $800k for Coaches' Corner on HNIC.

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/7675...ho-earns-what/

So what we really need is a Don Cherry BDSM sex scandal.
    Extra strength brain bleach....stat...
    abbasgirl and Lynn49 like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I enjoyed Q and Canada Reads. I thought J was a good interviewer and was well suited to his profession. This whole revelation (that will continue, no doubt) has been shocking and disappointing. And now I'm getting angry. Kink is one thing. Sadistic predator is quite another.
    Last edited by TrueNorthTreasures; Thu, Oct 30th, 2014 at 10:54 AM.
    anisa, madchives, Natalka and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

IMHO when ppl. put other ppl. on very high pedestals and hero worship them beyond their profession, then the power goes to their head and they think they can intimidate and get away with anything. Everyone is just doing their job no matter how glamorous and high profile, they should stop taking advantage of their popularity and others should also stop swooning and treating them like demigods coz' they are not.
    Lynn49, seylz_gurl, lecale and 2 others like this.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had no idea who he was before this story. I have read the Toronto Star article detailing the allegations and it is absolutely horrific. In searching Twitter last night I found some very interesting articles that gave great perspective on this whole thing.

One that I thought was interesting was this one: http://www.nothinginwinnipeg.com/201...ow-about-jian/

I feel that the following paragraph sums up why these women did not go to the police.

Yeah, well. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: if I was harassed, assaulted, if I was flat-out raped, I would not go to the police. Not unless I wore clear scars from it, not unless I was bloodied or scraped. Even then, only if it was a stranger. Only if it was someone who slipped out of the darkness and had no other power over me. Someone who, if and when my name filtered out, couldn’t take my work and friends away from me.
    Another article I read is from the perspective of someone from the BDSM community and it basically says that what these allegations include is simply abuse and assault. One of the major aspects of BDSM is consent. Clear consent.

http://sexgeek.wordpress.com/2014/10...cuted-pervert/

Also in that article is an potential explanation of why these women didn't and won't come forward (in an non-named capacity)

And part of the reason they are saying they won’t come forward in person is because they’re afraid their pre-date conversations about kink will be used as evidence that they consented to what he did. In other words, these women may have said “sure, some kink sounds like fun” and are concerned that their own stated interest will be held up as evidence of consent to violence.
    The onus we put on victims of abuse, especially sexual abuse is absurd. This article is also about why the women did not speak out: http://op-talk.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ype=blogs&_r=0

A twitter account (https://twitter.com/bigearsteddy) had posted allegations of assault in April.

Now that 8 women have come forward, there is more belief that the allegations are true but one of the things I had thought, was why does it take so many before people believe a victim? I saw a twitter post yesterday that phrased it perfectly: "how many women need to speak before they equal one man?"

I hope that two things will now be a discussed as a result of this. The first is the relationship between power and abuse and the effect that a person in power has on the person they are abusing. The second is a discussion on why people don't report sexual assault. The fact that 8 women, and probably more, did not have confidence in the system and in society to report this is quite telling.
    Lynn49, lecale, Tbites and 1 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What Kind Of Woman Won't Report Sexual Assault?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/sandy-g...?utm_hp_ref=tw
    seylz_gurl and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

See JG lose FB fans by the minute in real time ....
    https://www.quintly.com/facebook-liv.../jianghomeshi/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As a woman who has been sexually assaulted, I will say that the reason I never we t to the police was because it was my actions, in part, for why it happened.
    I believe that we are all responsible for ourselves and our bodies.

If I was to drink and drive and get into a car accident, it is my fault.
    If I was to go up to the room of a man who was interested in me and he kissed me, I should have expected that. If I did not want him to kiss me, then I would not have accepted the invitation.

If a person does not want these things to happen to them, then they need to evaluate their choices.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    As a woman who has been sexually assaulted, I will say that the reason I never we t to the police was because it was my actions, in part, for why it happened.
    I'm sorry you were assaulted by some-one and hope that you will eventually go and report this crime against you, especially if you know or can identify the perpetator. Your actions had nothing to do with this crime..I hope the actions of these brave women change your mind. even if the statue of Limitations has past, your report may alert the polce in other cases of abuse.

Self-blaming is one of the ways that Rape Culture is still flourishing in all parts of the world.

It's worse when the victim is convinced that her/his actions are totally to blame and, horrors, force an otherwise innocent person to comit acts of violence against them.

As a culture we need, no HAVE to break this cycle. It shouldn't matter if some-one has a drink, wears reveaing clothes or isn't surrounded by Imperial Stormtroopers...
    Sexual Harrassment, assault or rape is NEVER EVER EVER the victims fault...it's the fault of the b@$tard who forced themelves onto some-one else..And only that person.

I believe that we are all responsible for ourselves and our bodies.
    True but we can't alter how other people act against us. Especially when they knowingly and willingly commit an illegal act against our will on that most personal of possessions..our own body. Even when we tell that person NO and they wantonly ignore and disreagard our voices.

If I was to drink and drive and get into a car accident, it is my fault.
    True again since you delierately and knowingly broke the law of the land. General You deserve to be at fault.

But saying that an act you deliberately set out to do is the same as some-one violating your body against your will strikes me as totally victim blaming and shaming.

No worse than that....It's condemning the victim as at best a willing accompliace or at worst being the sole agent of this crime..It exonerates the criminal totally. and gives a president for others to claim that because you @i-forget blame yourself..then all other abuse victims should be tarred with the same brush. All victims are equally ot blame...all Abusers were forced to abuse.. because one person has spoken on the internet about her ordeal being her fault..

If I was to go up to the room of a man who was interested in me and he kissed me, I should have expected that. If I did not want him to kiss me, then I would not have accepted the invitation.
    logic fail...going somewhere with some-one does not and never has given them rights over you and your body.

If a person does not want these things to happen to them, then they need to evaluate their choices.
    And how do we do this?? By pushing back on the victim-shaming and making the whiole process about the criminal who deserves to be named and shamed...

Rather than focusing on the personal and moral habits, the dress and location of the victim...Focus on the real offender...the cat-caller, the harrasser, the molester and the rapist.

Stop trying to blame the innocent party.

every-one...stop making judgments about people you don't know..

If you have ever been a victim of an assault..remember yours wsn't the experience of every-one else's assault...saying thier's wasn't as bad as yours or in any other way trying to deminish thier experience just hands power to those people who want to say any kind of Sexaul Assault is made up and isn't worth noting...

Please note i am well aware that unwanted sexual contact happens across the whole spectrum of sexul identity...from male/female to male/male to female/male to femal/female and all the other QUILTBAG assaults.

eta We don't expect a mugging victmi to be guily of having money on them. Nor a car-jack victim of flashing off thier wheels in a public space..sexual crimes nearly aways end up as she/he was asking for IT somehow..
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Thu, Oct 30th, 2014 at 08:29 PM. Reason: eta

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information