User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: SDM : Shop Lifting

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since I am a guy, I know NADA about this stuff.. That said, buying razor blades is like trying to play safe cracker half the time! They are locked up tighter than a bank in some stores. I was at a SDM one day and was looking at different razor blades. Every time you open the thing, it makes a loud noise. It was not long before I had about 3 staff members and one plain clothes person (pretty sure) hanging around the aisle. I was embarrassed so I got the one thing of blades and got out of there!

Not worth stealing razor blades though I have seen on tv that they are the most common thing stolen and usually in very large quantities and are sold at Flea Markets or online. Might be the same for the creams.
    Insurance Graduate Class of 2014
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:33 AM.
    matrix82 and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    @CrazyQT I worked in retail for 8 years. We had tons of shoplifters at the store. Yes they are definitely professionals. I won't explain some of the things they did (don't want to give the Internet tips). But no way an SDM would put out that many expensive products at once for shoplifters to even get near them. They keep that stuff in locked cabinets. Hence the "inside job" comments.
    I worked at shoppers in the beauty boutique and I know that there is only about 5 of each type of lotion out at one time. That being said there are many different types of Vichy products so it is possible they could have just cleared a shelf of many different lotion products.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    I think the only way the thief(ves) can steal so many at once is maybe somebody in cosmetic receive a shipment and is in the process of putting away the products from the floor, someone create a diversion and the other steal them. That's my theory.

What are they gonna do with all those vichy cream, selling on kijiji???
    I went to my local flea market in the summer and there was a girl about my age (25) with HUNDREDS of high end new beauty products and perfumes etc. She had brands from about 10 different stores. I was kind of wondering if they were stolen but I didn't ant to assume so, she was selling them dirt cheap though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information