• 1 Post By BCcheapMom
  • 1 Post By LimeFizzy
  • 1 Post By engo
  • 1 Post By engo

Thread: 20x coupon for Wednesday November 19

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

I'm sure there is something in one of the threads about using coupons with this type of promo, but need a quick answer if possible.

Can I use the 20 x promo for today, which came by e-mail, along with coupons and still get the 20 x points? My total will be under the 50.00 requirement. The coupon states 'after discounts' and also points will be awarded by Dec 3/14. Don't want to take a chance or at least know in advance.

Thanks!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by 2shopmom; Wed, Nov 19th, 2014 at 08:19 AM.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

If they will scan the coupon yes. If they won't scan it unless you spend $50 then you may up end arguing with them about it lol.
    ROMEO and 2shopmom like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Have them scan the coupon for 20X before you give any coupons! Good luck!
    ROMEO likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Manufacturer coupons will work towards your total, shopper's coupons will not - the Shopper's policy is clear on this, it was posted on the blog a couple of days ago- print it out to have with you just in case!
    ROMEO likes this.

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am new to Sdm so please bare with me. I thought and read somewhere else that the manufacturer coupons count towards the total. So even if the total is less than 50 you will get the points. Inst this true?
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Yes - apparently the trick is to have them scan the coupon before they ring in the coupons.. ugh so many rules.. sheesh..

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hope this helps is in the Q and A section
    Can I use coupons during a 20x points event?
    YES! Currently (and as with anything it's subject to change) you earn points on $ off coupons (not coupons for free products). Therefore, you can maximize your points during a 20x points event by spending $50 BEFORE coupons. For example, you spend $50 but have $20 worth of coupons (excluding free product coupons). Your out of pocket would be $30 (and the tax of course) but you'd still earn your 20x points. Cashiers will tell you that you won't earn them, but you will. They have no control over the computer. Plus it also states in the coupon policy that you will!
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by emg View Post
    Hope this helps is in the Q and A section
    Can I use coupons during a 20x points event?
    YES! Currently (and as with anything it's subject to change) you earn points on $ off coupons (not coupons for free products). Therefore, you can maximize your points during a 20x points event by spending $50 BEFORE coupons. For example, you spend $50 but have $20 worth of coupons (excluding free product coupons). Your out of pocket would be $30 (and the tax of course) but you'd still earn your 20x points. Cashiers will tell you that you won't earn them, but you will. They have no control over the computer. Plus it also states in the coupon policy that you will!
    Yes that is what I said, as did others We know they count. It is just a matter of getting them to scan the 20x coupon if you plan to spend less than $50. You can give them the 20x coupon first, but some will put it aside and only scan it once you hit $50. In that case, you may be in for an argument so be prepared lol. I honestly never bother unless I am spending $50 as I find it is not worth the potential headache, and I always need formula anyway.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

The store scanned my 20x coupon (I saw it with my own eyes) and then sneakily deleted my coupon bc my total OOP fell below $50, only found out after I paid. When I pointed out they won't make the correction for me. Called head office and they said I will get my 20x points but have to call back on the day the points supposed to be awarded in Dec. What a pain? Hope I don't forget to call them again.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did 2 transactions on 2 different cards - 4x Oral-B Kids toothbrushes $24.99 with $20 coupon.

$24.99 x 4 = $99.96 x 10 optimum pts x 20x the pts = 19,992 pts total

$99.96 x 1.13 = $112.95- $80 in coupons = $32.95

$65.90 for 39,984 pts.

I almost broke even if they award my points. Not bad.
    I'm planning to use these extra points to plan a big donation for people in need to grab some much needed items.

What did everyone else do today?
    engo likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@LimeFizzy - You did good!!!

This is what I got yesterday:

6 Oral-B toohbrush (donation)
    10 Crisco Canola Oil (donation)
    2 LB baby formula (donation) - use VIP coupon
    2 bottles of Vitamin (donation)
    2 Crest Seni-Relief toothpaste (donation)
    Egg - finally something for home

Total spend approx $82 for 45000 pts.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    The store scanned my 20x coupon (I saw it with my own eyes) and then sneakily deleted my coupon bc my total OOP fell below $50, only found out after I paid. When I pointed out they won't make the correction for me. Called head office and they said I will get my 20x points but have to call back on the day the points supposed to be awarded in Dec. What a pain? Hope I don't forget to call them again.
    Hope you will have it sort out on Dec 3.

It happened to me one time when it was 18750 pts wus $75. The 18750 pts coupon was scanned but cashier pointed out I didn't meet $75 spend after using coupons. I told her it's fine as I knew the manufacturer coupons would not affect spending requirement. So we left the coupon in the system and paid as normal. I didn't see her delete the 18750 pts coupon but noticed the coupon code wasn't on the receipt when I was in my car. Thought I was out of luck as I didn't want to go back in again. I wasn't smart enough to call head office but to my surprise, 2 weeks later, 18750 pts showed up in my account.

Thread Information