User Tag List

Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I sold an item on the weekend for $180. Hadn't deleted the posting yet when someone messages and offers $80.

And proceeds to tell me they are doing me a favour by offering that much.

someone else has been giving me problems with another item. Giving the runaround on when to meet blah blah blah. She has a very distinctive name so I googled her.

Use dummy accounts, SCs or anyone can learn where you work
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Nov 25th, 2014 at 10:55 AM.
    ROMEO and luckbealady like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It may seem that ranting helps but I think filtering might be better. Your items sounds like it is a great deal but keep in mind the only factor is market conditions. High demand low cost items may sell for nearly what they cost new while expensive low demand items might sell for a fraction of what they cost, especially if they are out of season. You are going to get people that have or appear to have poorly developed social skills responding to your ads. I suggest ignoring them if it bothers you. These people may also be under the impression that being rude, unreasonable etc, makes them appear as a tough negotiator and gets them a better deal. If that seems to be the case, raise your price and negotiate down to what you want if needed. This can work to your advantage as sometimes you will get a higher price. I always respond with a polite answer unless it is an email troll with generic information requests. Many people want to feel comfortable with who they are dealing with so expect extraneous questions. Sometimes people have financial, language and customs challenges coming from other countries. This demographic can be buyers as you can sell items that most people would not even consider. Some sellers list items with firm prices as they are uncomfortable with negotiating. Uneducated buyers don't recognize this and lose out, thinking that getting it for less than asking is a deal rather than knowing the value. I enjoy the fact there are bad buyers as it gives me an advantage. If a "buyer" is wasting your time then ignore them, always meet at a location other than your home, keep your item posted until the deal is done buyers asking you to take down the ad are likely going to try and re-negotiate at pickup time. Some items may need to be re or negotiated at pickup time, the better your description and photos the less of this you will have. I always qualify my offer stating if it is as described. Many items have incorrect information or undisclosed flaws, make the meeting place public and nearby, if you like have them contact you when they are there, beware of responses and ads asking you to text them, they can be phone number trolls, stock photo items are usually scams, if you like ask for an actual photo with a certain part of the item shown. I find it typically takes around 5-7 inquiries to get a buyer. If it helps some of emails I get are What is your lowest price?, Is the item still available?, I'll take it for x dollars, Asking for meet location when one is already defined, 10+ emails about a low value item, wanting major discounts because they are coming from far away. If I were to do a rant it would be about sellers, having a poor grasp of value trying to place value based on list price rather than sale or average selling, slow or no response, purposefully incorrect and or missing information, photos not sufficient to show all parts, not taking down ad when sold, asking for you to text them (sorry you are not getting my mobile #) don't have the facility to test like electrical appliance with no power at location, reposting, undisclosed damage/flaws, not cleaning item, showing up late etc,
    Last edited by Oingo Boingo; Sat, Nov 29th, 2014 at 08:58 PM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

@Oingo Boingo what a thoughtful post. Thanks for sharing so much useful info!
    ROMEO likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh Kijiji. I had been having some good experiences on there until recently. A couple weekends ago, I posted around 20 things. I am one of those people that would donate my stuff unless I need the money. And I am so insulted that people even have the nerve to message you about anything on Kijiji and ask for it for free. i mean, do they really think that all of the people posting their items didn't think about donating first? THERE IS A REASON WE ARE SELLING OUR JUNK ON KIJIJI. I mean my God! Go to a store and ask for a charitable donation. Leave us on Kijiji alone. We need the money.

Concerning multiple items I had just posted: I made 3 different appointments for that Saturday and not one person showed. Really pissed me off. Then this lady from St Albert (not too far away from Edmonton) wrote me about some plastic storage drawers. I was only asking $10 a set. She offered me half the price and I told her no that I was firm. She said ok. Then we made an appointment for her to pick up. Then she rescheduled, and then again. She then TOLD me (not asked me) that I needed to work with her schedule better. And that if I ever wanted to sell these, I needed to come to her, or leave them outside for her to pick up at her convenience - she would just leave the money outside somewhere. She wrote me like a page long email explaining why I should be doing that for her. I mean really? WTF? I told her how inconsiderate and offensive she was being. She then wrote me back cussing me out and telling me how rude I was. I corrected her and told her I didn't insult/name call or cuss like she just did at me. I also reminded her that the world doesn't revolve around her and to grow up and that was the end of that. Or so I thought. She called me last week, probably 20 times within the span of 2 hours, never leaving a voicemail. When I saw I had so many missed calls from the same number I thought it was my husband and the car broke down or something. So I called it. No one answered. But then I got a call back from her and she was claiming that she had spoke to me before and we had an appointment that day. And that I had told her I was going to meet her somewhere for her to buy the bins. I mean this lady should be in a padded cell with a straight-jacket. She is just crazy! She then quickly became rude, like before, when I told her that was not me.

That was just her....last weekend, someone called about a dog winter coat. We agreed on Monday night at 7pm. The came that day at 5pm and I had a bunch of missed calls and messages from them saying they were in the area and to call them back right away. I told her that we were not going to be home before 7pm.

Yesterday, the last straw for me, the reason I am venting now. Some crazy lady who messaged me about some yarn, called about 20 times within 4 hours, never leaving a voice mail. She then wrote me an email saying she couldn't leave a voice mail, which is a lie, and acted as if she were going to run out of air if she didn't get this yarn right away. WHY ARE PEOPLE SO CRAZY ON KIJIJI?

I guess I am done with that. I feel slightly better now.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

^^ That's why I never put my phone number on there. Email all the way even if it isn't as quick, it keeps the crazy away a bit better.
    ROMEO, Decaf, momgoneawol and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"still available" questions are usually email address trolls verifying your address has a responding person so they can sell it, since this is a generic question it can be automated to send out to many ads and or done quickly by hand. You likely are giving them your tel as well. I require all responders to state the item and ignore and delete the emails with "still available" as I have advice that ad is up item is available no response will be provided. The few that can't or don't read the first time will typically go back and respond properly if they are serious.
    Candini and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Oingo Boingo View Post
    "still available" questions are usually email address trolls verifying your address has a responding person so they can sell it, since this is a generic question it can be automated to send out to many ads and or done quickly by hand. You likely are giving them your tel as well. I require all responders to state the item and ignore and delete the emails with "still available" as I have advice that ad is up item is available no response will be provided. The few that can't or don't read the first time will typically go back and respond properly if they are serious.
    This is why I wish Kijiji would offer a temporary filter email address as a go-between....I think Craigslist does this? Not sure, can't remember now. Or what you can do is create an email address strictly for Kijiji sales...that way you don't care if you get a crapload of spam and newsletters there.
    torontogal12 and Oingo Boingo like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ugh... and people wonder why I don't sell stuff on Kijiji.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am one that will do 'still available?' but I am actually interested in the item and want to know it's not been promised to a few other people. My last kijiji transaction was to purchase a really great (and clean!) stove for $65. It's great when people sell perfectly fine appliances for a song because they've purchased stainless steel.
    ROMEO likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

@mulock I see why they change the ad to say SOLD. Kijiji refused to let me delete an ad because of maintenance. But it let me change it to SOLD for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    What annoys me about Kijiji are the number of expired ads and ads that say "SOLD." Kijiji should create a system whereby if you have an active ad, you will receive a daily email asking you to click the link otherwise the ad will be deleted.
    ROMEO likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I was giving an item for FREE , in a very good condition.

Some woman emailed me , and then I didn't hear from her again. I never promised to give it to her or anything , never gave her my addy etc .

Since I didn't hear from her for 3-4 days , I gave it to the next person for FREE who had emailed me. Even he came 5-6 hrs late to pick it up.

Then the first lady emails me for the item , I told her I gave it away to someone as I didn't hear from her for 3-4 days & assumed she didn't want it.

She then tries to make me feel guilty , by saying how she was already on her way & was going to give me a small gift as I was giving the item for FREE..and I wasted her time & should have let her known that I gave it to someone else.

It was her job to contact me & not the other way around.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Ugh... and people wonder why I don't sell stuff on Kijiji.
    Yeah, it's work dealing with all the punters but it's worth it for somethings.
    GoJays and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

@Oingo Boingo what do you find is best when it comes to listing prices?

I find

1. if you list a price too high, people won't respond
    2. if you list a price too low, you have people trying to get it for free or wasting your time (seems the low end stuff brings out more of the crazies)
    3. if you don't list a price at all, and say you'll take best offer you'll have people asking you how much you want and when you tell them you encounter the problem I outlined in 1 and 2
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Dec 2nd, 2014 at 11:34 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Usually , just list a reasonable price..slightly on the lower side.

and say the price is FIRM. No low ballers will be entertained & all such posts will be IGNORED !

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Usually , just list a reasonable price..slightly on the lower side.

and say the price is FIRM. No low ballers will be entertained & all such posts will be IGNORED !
    I really don't mind negotiating. Negotiating is the key word though.

I don't want to write no low balls because what they consider low ball and what I consider low ball may be different and I dont' want to scare them off before they even put in an offer
    ROMEO likes this.

Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information