User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Does anyone still use incandescent light bulbs?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by newb View Post
    I hate how the new bulbs burn out so quickly .. I have a few in places that take a very agile and brave person to get to,(poor planning on my part) and only use the old style there, no stockpile tho .. I aint getting any younger and I'm lot rounder now too!! lol

To those burning candles .. if you have a forced air furnace .. keep an eye out on the furnace filter .. that soot actually leaves a greasy black coating on them, they'll eventually starve the fan motor for air. Went to check my filter and was surprised, it clogs the filter media much sooner and doesn't look bad if you just do a visual, but I run my fan constant and have the long lasting 4" filters. Yet still only get one season out for them(3months).

I found candles made in China (dollar store and department store ones) turned my furnace filter black. Imagine what it does to your lungs?

I switched to soy candles made in Canada or the USA and no longer have this problem.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Because LED and CFL are so expensive I am waiting till my actual bulbs burn out before replacing them. I prefer natural light whenever possible.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Have not tried LED yet, but have been using CFL's for years now. Save money and the bulbs last much longer. I dislike incandescent bc it use at least 5x more watts and burn out so frequently and not as bright as CFL.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have binned a so-called long lasting LED a month ago when I noticed one of the bathroom bulbs was burnt out. To the rescue, a 60W incandescent bulb. So glad I stockpiled a couple of packages two years ago but will cry when I cannot find them in the stores.

Not sure if the LED bulb was one of the 99 cents finds at dollar store when sibling got a big bagful and replaced many but not all incandescent bulbs. I refuse to have those LED bulbs in my room (audible noise). I may try a brand name LED bulb from Lowes for my room--any noise and I'll take the bulb out.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Those arent good for the environment. Suck up a lot of electricity. Better opt for CFLs.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The main bathroom must have blown one incandescent bulb yesterday when I flicked the light switch. It seemed a half brownout was going on but realized only one bulb was lit. Have to change it when I get home (forgot to do that this morning!).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Still using them! Also had to hunt last month for a floodlight bulb-found it at Home Hardware (Reactor brand)-for outside light.
    wendymac and Poirot like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

We stockpiled two shelves worth because I hate LEDs. They actually hurt my eyes. So we're set for life, I think, which is good because they are difficult to find. We need to get some floodlights, tho', because we didn't think of them when we "hoarded."
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    We stockpiled two shelves worth because I hate LEDs. They actually hurt my eyes. So we're set for life, I think, which is good because they are difficult to find. We need to get some floodlights, tho', because we didn't think of them when we "hoarded."
    One lower wattage floodlight two years ago for the outside of house was found at Lowes (FEIT) brand but I could not find it last year nor this year. And remembering the 150W fact sibling gave me, no major chain seemed to stock them until my last best hope, Home Hardware. Good thing the website lets one know of inventory--though it'd be a pain now to do curbside pickup delivery without a car or cellphone. There's a different item I want that's in Caledonia (and not anywhere in Hamilton)but it'll have to wait until July.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information