User Tag List

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Jetsfan
  • 2 Post By FLA
  • 3 Post By r0c0upons
  • 1 Post By Jetsfan
  • 2 Post By alex78
  • 1 Post By r0c0upons

Thread: $6.95 Prescription Glasses & Sunglasses (Zenni Optical) !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I personally know someone who has recieved glasses from Zenni optical, and they are satisfied with them!! I am going to get my next pair from here!!!

Check out Zenni Optical where you can get prescription glasses starting at $6.95! Shipping is a flat rate of only $4.95. Browse their site to find the lowest-priced glasses. Additionally, if you order any glasses priced $14.95 (or higher), use promo code FREETINT and get Free tinting on your glasses.

From their site: Our glasses are custom made and come directly from our factory to you. Zenni Optical’s abundant selection of eyeglasses priced below $7, which includes standard single-vision lenses and anti-scratch coating, has won enthusiasts the web over.
    zennioptical.com
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Jetsfan; Tue, Dec 2nd, 2014 at 08:52 AM.
    FLA likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thanks!

I have an awful prescription and I usually buy my glasses online. nothing like getting quotes for $600 on lenses in town!
    on zenni, I think the lenses for my prescription are something like 50 bucks, maybe?

zenni is in china and takes a while to ship but I know of many people who were satisfied with their purchases

you can also check out their facebook page where people constanty leave feedback, good and bad

ive never purchased a pair from here as I've never found anything that I really loved the style on

but for these low prices, many people are able to get multiple pairs and different styles!

may I suggest considering a "spring hinges" frame from zenni that wont break so easily? also, I will mention that the tintings/coatings are probably older technology compared to what is offered for hundreds of dollars in town? many of the glasses I've ordered from overseas have been prone to scratches, whereas apparently the newer tech used in local optmetry places is high quality and very resistant to scratches? could be true, could be salesman jibberjabber

perhaps the cost savings makes it worth it to you :D

ive done lots of research so I just wanted to share

also, if you need your pupil distance, its quite easy to measure with a ruler and a friend with a steady hand. I had DH measure mine and compared it to an optometrist's measurement later and he was right on. we watched a youtube video.
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Tue, Dec 2nd, 2014 at 01:37 PM.
    mulock, bella_bamba and Jetsfan like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you, r0c0upons, for the valuable info!!! especially about measuring pupil distance! ..i personally do not have insurance, and this is a great, affordable alternative!

ps: -love- these!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jetsfan; Tue, Dec 2nd, 2014 at 03:07 PM.
    r0c0upons likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have gotten glasses from Zenni and Clearly Contacts and I like them both. It's true that they are not super amazing quality, but they are good enough for me. I find that even if you have insurance at $630 a pair (thanks to dispensing fees and such) there's no chance that the $300 a year you get with your plan will cover your glasses.
    Be sure to pay attention to weight and the arm length of frames-wearing heavy frames that look cool is a drag. So is having long arms that squish your head. When I buy them I usually get about three pair to justify shipping.
    ROMEO and Jetsfan like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

turns out there's a zenni sale right now for BUY 2 GET 1 FREE WITH FREE SHIPPING!

ends 12/4 at "midnight"
    code: B2G1FREE

I did a mock order and it zeroed out the least expensive pair I added, including the most expensive coating and the special lenses I need, total for 2 pairs of glasses with spring hinge, thin lenses, and the coatings AND a pair of sunglasses with thin lenses and a mirror finish = $165

edit: meh, Canada shipping is 9.95 despite the promo code. still get a free pair though!

Great for getting a pair of rx sunglasses or something!
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Tue, Dec 2nd, 2014 at 04:20 PM.
    SFARAZ likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

anyone know if insurance would cover pairs from them? i have 150 bucks i normally get 2 for 99 at sears- or different promos in mississauga, but you need the prescription receipt do they provide those?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I recently got my first pair from them and love them. Better than the ones I got through Walmart which I paid $130 for!
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Perfect timing! I just had my eye exam last Friday and the optical shop quoted me $525 for BOGO, and $375 for one pair! I then asked how much it would cost to re-lens my existing 2 pairs and they said "BlueCross says you have $152 available, and it costs $175 for the re-lens but we could do it for $152 all in." I said I'd get my glasses from home and come back. I didn't go back....I went online looking at Clearly.ca (who I ordered 6 pairs from in the past 6 years) and another ciompany. I will check out Zenni Optical for sure. It's shocking what the physical retail stores charge!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontoraptors View Post
    anyone know if insurance would cover pairs from them? I have 150 bucks i normally get 2 for 99 at sears- or different promos in mississauga, but you need the prescription receipt do they provide those?
    yes both my kids bought their last couple pairs of glasses an sunglasses and my insurance covered the cost but not shipping

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awesome deal!
    Never heard about Zenni, but I ordered an inexpensive glass online last year and it was quite good(can't remember the name of the site), so I gonna give it another try definitely.

Thread Information