User Tag List

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree521Likes

Thread: HUGEEEEE NEWS FOR WALMART SHOPPERS ~ Policy update

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I mostly fear that Walmart will get the customers used to shopping there (attracted by the price matching) then change the policy and hope that people do not go running back to the competition.
    momi likes this.

Trading Score
    235 (100%)

I so believe that's part of their strategy.
    When people go to WM do all the shopping by PM, it means less business for the other stores.
    In long run, WM can outbeat those stores, and eventually make them disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by sixballoons View Post
    I mostly fear that Walmart will get the customers used to shopping there (attracted by the price matching) then change the policy and hope that people do not go running back to the competition.
    Tbites, momi and sixballoons like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jandbby View Post
    I am just as tired of retailers changing their policies willy-nilly. Save on Foods and London Drugs with stacking, Walmart with PM'ing nation wide. Superstore with whatever it is they are doing with their PC plus program. My local Walmart never implemented this. Stacking at my SaveOn lasted all of 2 weeks. Missing points from PC Plus.

Overly lax policies to get shoppers in the door. Extreme reactions when things go wrong.

They could stop PM'ing printed flyers.
    They already PM online retailers so if they wanted to, they could require URLs for non local flyers.
    If they really wanted to, they could have dedicated lanes for PM or Stacking or whatever
    They could LIMIT quantities
    There may be many people using photoshop to edit flyers. However if they stopped and only verified online flyers this would stop some of them but not all. It is only about 20 bucks to buy hosting and a domain and its not hard to set up a store front and fake information and flyer.

I develop software and websites for a living. To make a working site/ flyer/ user login/ fully working i can do it in 1-2 days. If you were just trying to make something to trick people it could be done in less then a half hour.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    96 (100%)

I tried PMing an Ontario flyer last week at Walmart and they wouldn't accept it (I live in BC). They told me that they only PM local flyers.
    babypiggy and sixballoons like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Gulp! Which one in BC?

Quote Originally Posted by MistyEyez View Post
    I tried PMing an Ontario flyer last week at Walmart and they wouldn't accept it (I live in BC). They told me that they only PM local flyers.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Chilliwack

Gulp! Which one in BC?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was a CSM at Wal-Mart for 2 years and 2 Sept ago we got a new store manager that called a meeting to let us know about this change, so im not sure when it started but at least a year and a half ago.

You can price match an canadian retailer with flyer or on your phone as long as the store has a physical location (so no online stores only). The problem is not every wal-mart /CSM's know the policy an you can have some issues when PM. I even saw my collegues not want to do the PM because the cx was going to get an outrageous deal which I had a huge issue with.

When shopping at your local walmart ask the CSM when you go in the store.
    lp11 likes this.
    Need an extra free $25? Use my link for ING to open a new account and ING will give us both $25!! Orange Key is 34633458S1
    Join Swagbucks through my link, http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Trixie2516

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is a huge advantage to us in the West because things are consistently higher in our flyers, even for the large chain stores (but obviously awesome for all of us across the country).
    LOL - I was using Salewhale for a while to find specific sales - unfortunately it always defaulted to Toronto (I am in the west) and there were a couple of occassions when I went into the store to get the great deals - only to find I forgot to change the location

Yes - BC consistently has higher costs than pretty much everyone - but we love the area

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I miss wm pming canadawide... All the wm in my area (bc) stopped..,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My WM stopped quite a while ago, not enough competition in the Okanagan is my guess. I've asked why they stopped and was told it was because of scammers? I offered to alert the media to our areas higher then average scammers (since most major cities in Canada were pming) story changed pretty quickly after I said I would do this. Have not shopped there since. I value the truth, and I get better service and deals across the street at Target.
    momi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

WM argyle still let do pm provincial, but WM white oaks don't they said because few people take a big advantage of good sales from stores of other towns. So they PM locally.
    knitting nurse likes this.
    TL & WL : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/399761-...hicken-canada/

LF $4 Genie Diaper REfill, $5,$10,$15 of any Similac or a Similac Mom, $5 Glucerna,

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Any word on Hyde park??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmom View Post
    Any word on Hyde park??
    I would like to know too....
    TL & WL : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/399761-...hicken-canada/

LF $4 Genie Diaper REfill, $5,$10,$15 of any Similac or a Similac Mom, $5 Glucerna,

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I don't understand the whole process.. different csms, different cashiers, bad hair days?? I'm unsure what the reason is.. This week I was able to ad match QC & Western Canada @ walmart.. 4 months ago I was told they don't ad match QC.. I didn't ask again until this week, I asked the regular day manager and she said sure, no probs..
    Anna Michele, oscarandme and momi like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Last time I was at Hyde park 3 weeks ago they gave me s hard time even though they were tear pads

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information