User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114
Results 1,696 to 1,701 of 1701
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

the show is a momentary shock value show that has been dragged out.. there is only soo many times you can watch different people doing exactly the same thing.. you see a person doing something crazy to gather coupons (buying tons of papers, printing in mass..dumpster diving) you show a clip of a person at a computer/looking through flyers... then a person at a table making a list/stuffing a binder... then proceed to the store where you watch them wander around for a few hours.. fill up a couple of carts.. go to the till.. have a stress freak out... total goes down under $10.. same thing every time.. it does get boring.. i stopped watching after about season 2.. because i hated how it promoted couponing.. i'll admit i'll be glad to see it yanked and couponing can settle down again
    Silk, Angela273, Insane and 2 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Honey boo boo is all over TLC i think she started with toddlers in tiaras then her mom did an episode of extreme couponing then they go their own show... TLC seems to be the the reality TV channel now a days it's just one form or another of reality TV shows featuring some sort of extremist doing something crazy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I've watched 3 episodes and found it to be pretty boring. They never deviate from the formula. Very predictable
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    the show is a momentary shock value show that has been dragged out.. there is only soo many times you can watch different people doing exactly the same thing.. you see a person doing something crazy to gather coupons (buying tons of papers, printing in mass..dumpster diving) you show a clip of a person at a computer/looking through flyers... then a person at a table making a list/stuffing a binder... then proceed to the store where you watch them wander around for a few hours.. fill up a couple of carts.. go to the till.. have a stress freak out... total goes down under $10.. same thing every time.. it does get boring.. i stopped watching after about season 2.. because i hated how it promoted couponing.. i'll admit i'll be glad to see it yanked and couponing can settle down again
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    Ditto.

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

since i made that post i have watched couponing peak. then settle back down over the last year, sadly i think the damage from the show has been done and went a little too deeply, i've noticed a significant change in couponing in general, what coupons being offered, the significant restrictions now added on coupons i've watched store policies change and crack down then crack down again.. coupon holders have changed to prevent theft of whole tear pads, stores are putting out less coupons, (there used to be a high season for coupons where i'd find 20 different coupons in a store, now i'm lucky if a store puts out 5 new smartsource coupons) the values have also dramatically changed and there are more WUB restrictions to coupons too

i miss going to london drugs and being able to stack coupons where they look at the UPCs then the values then add it up.. now they will read each and every coupon for the tiny wording of a "cannot" vrs a "may not" and every other small detail and ofcourse each cashier reads it a little differently... even not stacking a cashier would get a coupon look at the value and the expiry then run it through now they have to read the tiny print in fear of getting written up
    Angela273 and Insane like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for offering this link, it inspires me to know how to use my coupon more useful.

Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114

Thread Information