User Tag List

Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Dh's tests went well today which means he qualifies for surgery after the holidays. He's been waiting a year to find out if this surgery could be done to help him. So, our trip to see his kids in Denver is on for Sunday - I'm just so exhausted - I've got a suitcase full of something - but I don't know what. My own health has been up and down this couple of weeks but it seems they are putting it down to a virus. So - light diet - no caffeine and lower stress (HA!) and I should be ok.

I'm not sure which Xmas gifts we've got and which we still have to get - but it will all work out. The best thing is seeing the kids. The Yankee kids want Laura Secord Chocolates (check! - got that last weekend and they were on sale with an extra 10% off) also Lay's Ketchup chips and Coffee Crisp.

I may be able to check in - I hope. I haven't had time to check all your posts lately.
    Wishing you all good health - good food - good friends in the next few weeks!
    Hope you both have a great trip and your DH's surgery go well.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hiya everyone,

Dh finished a project for me today it's a drying rack that he made from metal framing from a bed that we got at the re-use it centre (imagine a very large pot holder and that's what I have now), it's hanging over my woodstove so now I can do atleast 2 largre loads a day if necessary .....and we either had the materials lying around or got them for free....

So dh's drive shaft will be $350.00 + txs = but because dh is no longer able to push a snowblower it's a must sadly.

I have a terrible cold it started this am with aches & cold spells....eek...hoping that it doesn't last too long and no one else gets it, a girl can dream

The boys have made their own meals today as mama just can't do it but it's a good experience for them as they know their ways around the kitchen anyways.

DH and the boys will be heading out tomorrow for Christmas shopping for me, it should be interesting as my list is quite short and has no splurge items....just everyday items that I can actually use

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening.
    Ouch on the the snow blower cost especially if you have snow on the ground...all we have is green grass right now. Hopefully you feel better soon and don't share with everyone else. Hopefully your kids managed to fend for themselves food wise. Hopefully they manage to find everything that it is on your Christmas list while out shopping today.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

We grocery shopped on Friday, spent $78.31 and used $135.00 between PC points and coupons. Both my freezers are now full.

Christmas get together went over well yesterday and it was nice that everybody else cooked besides me. I did dessert and also know have a fridge full of left overs. Plan on doing nothing today as I am exhausted from yesterday.

I think I will be waiting awhile to make pecan muffins as the cost for pecans was $10.00. Ouch.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I barely slept last night. I'm hoping to get some sleep later today. I still need to spend quite a bit of time planning for the next week of classes for students I have never met. It should be interesting.

I just weighed myself this morning. I hit 173lbs for the first time in several years!! My BMI is now at 24.8, just into my "healthy" weight range! This was my goal. I am so happy to come on here and share it with you guys. I have been working so much the last three months that I have rarely been exercising. My food choices have also been hit and miss. DQ blizzard fan club BOGO coupons are too tempting to resist, but I also bought a 2lb bag of Mann's sugar snap peas that I have been packing in my work lunches. I wish you all the best of luck.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Dec 14th, 2014 at 09:22 AM. Reason: typing error
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Did inventory yesterday, we are done so no Sunday (yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but it was a very long day. I worked 7:30 to 4:30 but for some reason inventory makes the day feel twice along, probably because there is a lot of go go go, work faster and than waiting. doing nothing which makes the day seem so long. But we are done yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just need to go over a few things and email them to our controller to show that other locations have thrown off our inventory by transferring the product in but than billing it out of their own location so we are sitting on mystery stock that does not exist.

Went shopping on Friday with Mom after work, I am pretty sure that based on what we bought we should now be good on groceries until after Christmas. I got 3 - 10 lb bags of potatoes for $1.47 each (almost one whole bag will just be for Christmas Dinner between potatoes for dinner and we do a potato stuffing), as well we bought out turkey, we were originally going to just do a turkey breast since there are only 3 of us but it was going to cost us the same just for a turkey breast as it would for a whole turkey thanks to Wal-Mart's $0.75/lb price so we got a whole turkey.

As well I forced Mom into getting most of her Christmas shopping done, she has been putting it off due to lack of $$$ which I totally get but we are running out of time. Turns out my SDM redemption kind of back fired on me, there are very few things I want this year so I got the few things I wanted plus a lot for Mom and Bro but now Mom feels like I made it so I did not have to spend $$$ out of pocket but she will have to because there is so much more for everyone else and little for me. I just cannot think of a lot I want this year, the few things I do want are out of the budget so I am fine going without but now Mom is getting upset with me she cannot see that I am telling her not to spend the $$$ instead getting mad that I want nothing. I finally gave her two options yesterday so we will see the only comment I got was that is cheaper than what I bought your bro (not sure if that is a good or bad thing). I still need to find something to get her but everything I come up with she changes her mind and no longer wants. We have decided we will go out one final time before Christmas on Tuesday when I get off at work so hoping for everything to get done.

The good news is 4 more days of work and than 2 weeks off, oh how I cannot wait.

Hope everyone has a great day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

CouponGirl: I bought lamb. DH loves it so it has become our Christmas dinnertradition. My mom does the turkey on boxing day. So yes I used the points, best part is I bought the PC easy carve and did not realize I had an offer for lamb. It said fresh lamb which of course this time of year does not exist so I scored 6000 points. We have dinner just the 4 of us and the day is just us too. We did this when the kids we young just to not be on the 403/401 four hours on Christmas day. They are older now so will switch it up so that the years my brother has the kids on Christmas day we will do the drive. But I liked our own little tradition when they were young.
    Today I am baking two Christmas brownies & a GF brownie but since there are coming from a mix they don’t count. Then I will do a batch of shortbread. (DH’s favourite)

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning (afternoon? already?), everyone.

Party was a lot of fun last night. Most folks left, but the die-hards stayed til 1am. 3 of us stayed to do the clean-up, not just of the room, but the last remnants of the wine. Great food (even if the little heathens around here scarfed it down as soon as I put it out - I learned my lesson & started putting a few things aside for myself before I put things out after the first round ). I spent the whole day doing last minute things, prettying up the room, prepping some of the food, then finally got to bed around 3am. Then another hour or so this morning resetting the furniture in the room & do a quick clean up (after your third glass of wine, you don't really notice the asiago dip on the floor ).

Today is a day of rest for me (my feet are killing me!). If I feel brave, I might venture over to my neighbours & go to the Xmas market (it is so pretty, but yesterday they had something I'd never seen before - the huge complex was so crowded with tourists, they actually had to control how many people entered).

Off to make lunch for myself and the brats (I don't trust them in the kitchen or I'd ask them to do the work).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-avon have a great trip
    -lilo that's awesome - free lamb
    -today I got with my p.c points -almost free turkey large butterball 30.96-30.00 in points-yipeeeee
    plus baked hersheys kisses/peanut butter cookies-yeah for another achievement for me

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

hi all been a busy two days, tons of fun though
    relaxing now, a little laundry to do for hubbies work clothes.
    hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. hard to believe less than week and half to christmas
    never came this fast as a kid.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-does anyone have an easy shortbread or nice tasting one (with butter)-my mom's recipe called for fruit sugar???? I bought rice flour today thinking it was it

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I started packing today. This week is going to be busy busy. Hockey & cadets monday night Christmas concert tursday. Paper s and hockey Wednesday. Thursday we pack friday we leave.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    We grocery shopped on Friday, spent $78.31 and used $135.00 between PC points and coupons. Both my freezers are now full.

Christmas get together went over well yesterday and it was nice that everybody else cooked besides me. I did dessert and also know have a fridge full of left overs. Plan on doing nothing today as I am exhausted from yesterday.

I think I will be waiting awhile to make pecan muffins as the cost for pecans was $10.00. Ouch.
    I don't blame you that seems very expensive for pecans....geez...they are not made of gold , I buy the small packs at WM for $2.50 and also I forgot to mention I don't double the pecans if I am making a double batch....that may help

Great stuff on the fridge full of leftovers my dear, hope there are some of your favs. in there.

Great savings & coupon usage mac
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

great job Angela on your weight/bmi goals

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley I can definitely understand your excitement for Thursday pm to end. A much earned 2 week vacation....

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl so pleased for you and your achievement of doing some baking my dear, it must have felt really good and of course the sampling is always a must (wink).

Here is my shortbread cookie recipe that I got from a co-worker many years ago, enjoy.

1 cup of butter
    1 cup of flour
    1/2 cup of icing sugar
    1/2 cup of cornstarch
    1 tsp vanilla

directions - beat above and bake at 350 for approx. 12 minutes or until golden brown.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sun, Dec 14th, 2014 at 08:39 PM.

Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information