User Tag List

Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Travelling today. Glad I'm not driving bf is. Snowy and icky. I'm in the back seat but have offered to drive too. Sil took care of my pup (dragon)last night. Her one cat -the new one "skeeter"- freaked out and spent the night in the Christmas tree. "Bobo"her other cat has been harassed by skeeter the last couple months so Bobo stuck close to dragon all night.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner is cooking and the smell is driving me crazy. Rotisserie chicken. Mashed potatoes. Fresh green beans and gravy. Oh my it is going to be good. Had a bunch of sales this weekend. Including DS's single bed frame. I'm moving him into queen size bed. I bought the single used years ago for $15 and sold it for $40 lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My new crap sold jar that I just started a few weeks ago is at $140!!!!!! Wow it sure ads up fast. I have 2 x$10 pick ups tonight too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  62.9 KB

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Angela how very sad, hug & prayers. And how tragic for the little boy. How did she pass away if you don't mind my asking, so young.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley your dessert menu sounds sinful (lol), lots of variety for everyone to choose and loosen their pants or just wear stretchy ones (smile)

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

left overs rock!

dh and I went and watched some lights tonite at a house.!
    and also spent some time at a really cool store today. was like walking back in time. every decade. you name it, toys, gadgets, furniture.
    def. a gem in the hiding.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I`m having my first pain free day in over 6 months. Have 2nd load of laundry in dryer...hung the 1st load to dry. Made 2 huge roast pans of nuts n bolts...hubby`s favourite Christmas treat. Am making beef stew and tea biscuits for supper and will crochet for a while this afternoon. It`s amazing what a person can accomplish when not in pain!
    wonderful news crochetlady. take care of yourself and let's hope the pain free day continues (does this mean the meds are working/helping)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-sincere condolences and prayers for your family.

Quiet day at the ranch here! DD went off to Banff over night to celebrate her friend's birthday, DH and I wrapped the last of the stocking stuffers and ate leftovers for dinner. Did some laundry too. Tomorrow will be busier-going to get the groceries for Xmas dinner, DD comes back and the 4 twins come over so their Mum and Dad can have a little break. So I think we are pretty much ready for Xmas and my jet lag is pretty much over. Hope everyone else is just about ready for the big day!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, Dec 21st, 2014 at 07:24 PM.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thought i'd share what dh made for me (while stapling himself. lol)
    despite his injury, he completed my mantel. one large piece cut into 40, then nailed together then we literally painted it together minutes before our company showed up. i was just finishing decorating it when they showed. I love it. to buy something like this would have been $500 + on kijiji, $40~ using wood from home depot.

Name:  mantel 005.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  71.8 KB
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S. that is absolutely stunning, he should be so very proud of himself. And you did a spectacular job decorating it, very elegant

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Absolutely spectacular MrsS.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    wonderful news crochetlady. take care of yourself and let's hope the pain free day continues (does this mean the meds are working/helping)
    I hope this will continue but will see what tomorrow brings. I also did 5 towels today and have the 3rd load of laundry almost ready to be hung. And still no pain!!! It`s been so long I forgot what it`s like.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Angela how very sad, hug & prayers. And how tragic for the little boy. How did she pass away if you don't mind my asking, so young.
    We don't yet know. She recently went to the hospital and died yesterday while in their care. Dh was up most of the night last night. Concerned about his family and the young boy. The 5yr old's dad works on the rigs, so we aren't certain about his future.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Since dh didn't sleep much last night I got up with LO this morning and let him sleep in until nearly 11am. I've been in a lot of pain today. I had a nap this afternoon, but it wasn't very restful and didn't help. Dh might be getting the cold that LO and I are just finishing getting over. I just finished baking 2 dozen orange cranberry muffins and 2 dozen banana oatmeal chocolate chip and cranberry cookies. I wrapped most of them up and put them in the freezer. LO is currently eating the cookies and muffins with milk. He'll need a bath soon and then off to bed for the night.

Tomorrow is my last day of work for 2014. The school is only anticipating about 1/2 of the students to attend school tomorrow, since many students have already left for holidays. Tomorrow morning I teach classes. They have a school wide potluck in the gym tomorrow, which will last about 2hrs. The elementary students will head back to their classes. The high school students will clean up and then the SRC has activities planned for the rest of the afternoon. It should be interesting. This is my first time at this school for their Christmas potluck day. I have heard that the school divisions plan on paying all the substitute teachers before Christmas this year. So that means that I got paid early this month from days worked in November and then again in a couple of days for the I worked in December. This will result in me not receiving a pay cheque in January, so I won't receive pay again until February. It will be interesting trying to budget for that.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information