User Tag List

Page 1175 of 1767 FirstFirst ... 175 675 1075 1125 1165 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1185 1225 1275 1675 ... LastLast
Results 17,611 to 17,625 of 26491
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Vinyl 95.3

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Satisfy your Curiosity -Parietal

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wednesday 9th March

Trivia

30 Days of Contest Trivia - FALSE
    Discover Something new II Trivia - all of the above
    Discover Something New III trivia - 60 percent
    Discover Something New Trivia - managers' league
    HowStuffWorks II Trivia - an "Oracle Lake" where monks receive visions
    HowStuffWorks.com Trivia - named one of the "top 10 liveliest cities in the world" in 2009 by Lonely Planet
    HSW III Trivia -Arizona
    Music Challenge -
    Country
    This Day In Canadian History -

Don't forget the Feature Links for points and your daily free draw entry for the Discovery $100 Gift Certificate

FalAll60ManOraNamAriPar
    Last edited by Babygirl1; Wed, Mar 9th, 2011 at 01:18 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good night all and I'll be back on Saturday from the town of Parry Sound; Home of Bobby Orr! Thanks to all for the trivia answers as always. Good luck to all who have their names in any contests, myself included.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Did you hear about the man in the flood

He was trapped on his roof the water lapping at the edge. He said a prayer to God "Please god I have be good all my life save me"

Along cam a man on a huge trator yelled out to the man "jump on I will take you to safety"
    The man replied "No thank you I believe in God he will help me"

As the water rose to his waist he again prayed "God I have be a good man all my life and gone to church every week please save me"

Along came a man in a boat he yelled "Jump in I will take you to safety"
    The man yelled back "No thank you I believe in God he will help me"

Now the water was at the mans chin aagin he prayed "God please I have been a good man and I have served you all my life save me"

Then along came a helicopter they lowered a rope and yelled down "grab on we will take you to safety"
    But again the man yelled back "No thank you God will save me"

A short time later the water rose and the man drowned. He went to heaven. He saw God and said "God I have always been good, why did you let me drown"

God look at the man and said "I sent you a man with a tractor, I then sent a man with a boat and last I sent you a man in a helicopter. What more did you want.!!!"

Last edited by Babygirl1; Wed, Mar 9th, 2011 at 01:47 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Babygirl1 View Post
    Wednesday 9th March

Trivia

30 Days of Contest Trivia - FALSE
    HowStuffWorks.com Trivia - named one of the "top 10 liveliest cities in the world" in 2009 by Lonely Planet
    HSW III Trivia -Arizona
    Music Challenge - Country
    This Day In Canadian History - 1977

Don't forget the Feature Links for points and your daily free draw entry for the Discovery $100 Gift Certificate

FalAll60ManOraNamAriPar
    Thanks for all your help Cass........still waiting for my PM.......Luv ya. Have a good night!
    "Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel Can Fly"

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Babygirl1 View Post
    Did you hear about the man in the flood

He was trapped on his roof the water lapping at the edge. He said a prayer to God "Please god I have be good all my life save me"

Along cam a man on a huge trator yelled out to the man "jump on I will take you to safety"
    The man replied "No thank you I believe in God he will help me"

As the water rose to his waist he again prayed "God I have be a good man all my life and gone to church every week please save me"

Along came a man in a boat he yelled "Jump in I will take you to safety"
    The man yelled back "No thank you I believe in God he will help me"

Now the water was at the mans chin aagin he prayed "God please I have been a good man and I have served you all my life save me"

Then along came a helicopter they lowered a rope and yelled down "grab on we will take you to safety"
    But again the man yelled back "No thank you God will save me"

A short time later the water rose and the man drowned. He went to heaven. He saw God and said "God I have always been good, why did you let me drown"

God look at the man and said "I sent you a man with a tractor, I then sent a man with a boat and last I sent you a man in a helicopter. What more did you want.!!!"

As the saying goes..........NEVER LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    Warning from Revenue Canada (not a joke)

Pass this on to everyone you know....its real and it is happening....make sure to verbally tell people you know who don't have email. This is Canada wide.....so tell everyone.. This is not a joke. Please click the link below to make yourself aware of the issue and you may want to pass this on to family or friends.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/nwsrm/lrts/2008/l080818-eng.html
    Quote Originally Posted by feetfrown View Post
    not opening
    For those of you who couldn't access the link, this is from the CRA website:
    Tax Alert

The Canada Revenue Agency warns Canadians of mail scam

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is warning taxpayers to beware of a recent scam where some Canadians are receiving a letter fraudulently identified as coming from the CRA and asking for personal information. The letter is not from the CRA. A PDF version of the letter is available on the CRA Web site at www.cra.gc.ca/alert.
    The letter claims that there is “insufficient information” for the individual’s tax return and that in order to receive any “claims,” they will have to update their records. The letter attaches a form specifically requesting the individual’s personal information in writing, via fax or email, including information on bank accounts and passports. This letter is not from the CRA and Canadians should not provide their personal information to the sender.
    All taxpayers should be vigilant when divulging any confidential information to third parties. The CRA has well established practices to protect the confidentiality of taxpayers’ information.
    The CRA has notified the proper law enforcement authorities of this scam.
    For information about this and other similar scams, or to report deceptive telemarketing activity, visit www.phonebusters.com, send an email to [email protected], or call 1-888-495-8501.
    This document is also available for download in PDF format.
    To get notification by email when news releases, fact sheets, tax tips, and tax alerts are added to our Web site, subscribe to our electronic mailing list. You can also subscribe to the Media room RSS feed.
    For media information

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you are a senior you will understand
    this one, if you deal with seniors, this
    should help you understand them a
    little better, and if you are not a senior yet...
    God willing, someday you will be...

The 2.99 Special

We went to breakfast at a restaurant
    where the 'seniors' special' was two eggs,
    bacon, hash browns and toast for $2.99.

'Sounds good,' my wife said.
    'But I don't want the eggs.'

'Then, I'll have to charge you $3.49
    because you're ordering a la carte,'
    the waitress warned her.

'You mean I'd have to pay for not
    taking the eggs?' my wife asked incredulously.

'YES!' stated the waitress.

'I'll take the special then,' my wife said.

'How do you want your eggs?' the waitress asked.

'Raw and in the shell,' my wife replied.
    She took the two eggs home and baked a cake.

DON'T MESS WITH SENIORS!!!
    WE'VE been around the block more than once!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Three little old ladies

Three little old ladies are sitting in a restaurant one day, talking about this and that.

The first lady said, "You know, I'm really getting forgetful. This morning I was
    standing at the bottom of the stairs and I couldn't remember if I was just about to go up or if I had just come down."

"Oh, that's nothing," the second lady said. "The other day I was sitting on the edge of my bed, wondering if I was going to bed or if I had just gotten up."

The third lady smiled pleasantly at the other two. "Well, my memory is just as good as ever, knock on wood."
    She rapped on the table with her knuckles, then gave a start and said, "Who's there?"

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What! No E-mail?

An unemployed man goes to apply for a job with Microsoft as a janitor. The manager there arranges for him to take an aptitude test (Section: Floors, sweeping and cleaning).
    After the test, the manager says, "You will be employed at minimum wage, $5.25 an hour. Let me have your e-mail address, so that I can send you a form to complete and tell you where to report for work on your first day. Taken aback, the man protests that he has neither a computer nor an e-mail address. To this the MS manager replies, "Well, then, that means that you virtually don't exist and can therefore hardly expect to be employed."
    Stunned, the man leaves. Not knowing where to turn and having only $10 in his wallet, he decides to buy a 25 lb. flat of tomatoes at the supermarket. Within less than 2 hours, he sells all the tomatoes individually at 100% profit.
    Repeating the process several times more that day, he ends up with almost $100 before going to sleep that night.
    And thus it dawns on him that he could quite easily make a living selling tomatoes. Getting up early every day and going to bed late, he multiplies his profits quickly. After a short time he acquires a cart to transport several dozen boxes of tomatoes, only to have to trade it in again so that he can buy a pick-up truck to support his expanding business.
    By the end of the second year, he is the owner of a fleet of pick-up trucks and manages a staff of a hundred former unemployed people, all selling tomatoes. Planning for the future of his wife and children, he decides to buy some life insurance. Consulting with an insurance
    adviser, he picks an insurance plan. At the end of the telephone conversation, the adviser asks him for his e-mail address in order to send the final documents electronically.
    When the man replies that he has no e-mail, the adviser is stunned, "What, you don't have e-mail? How on earth have you managed to amass such wealth without the Internet, e-mail and e-commerce? Just imagine where you would be now, if you had been connected to the internet from the very start!" After a moment of thought, the tomato millionaire replied, "Why, of course! I would be a floor cleaner at Microsoft!"

Moral of this story:

1. The Internet, e-mail and e-commerce do not need to rule your life.

2. If you don't have e-mail, but work hard, you can still become a millionaire.

3. If you got this story via e-mail, you're probably closer to becoming a janitor than you are to becoming a millionaire.

4. If you do have a computer and e-mail, you have already been taken to the cleaners by Microsoft.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Could you Graduate 4th Grade? - Carnivore

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Games 'n eCards - 5

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Name that Question - Who is Redd Fox?
    Last edited by Babygirl1; Wed, Mar 9th, 2011 at 03:06 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sports Trivia - Los Angeles Raiders

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wednesday 9th March

Trivia

30 Days of Contest Trivia - False
    Could you Graduate 4th Grade? - Carnivore
    Games 'n eCards -
    HSW III Trivia -Arizona
    Music Challenge -
    Country
    Name that Question - Who is Redd Fox?
    Sports Trivia -
    Los Angeles Raiders
    This Day In Canadian History - 1977

FalAll60Man5OraNamAriPar
    Last edited by Babygirl1; Wed, Mar 9th, 2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: c/m Web streaming

Thread Information