User Tag List

Page 186 of 1767 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 286 686 1186 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 26491
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Vinyl 95.3

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

11:00am word that wins - folklore
    <CENTER>

</CENTER>

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What's For Dinner Word That Wins = FRY

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

1pm Word That Wins = LUCKY

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So.........no more country station. Hmmm.

That can't be a good thing.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, that was quite the blind-side wasn't it? 2 days ago, their announcer were talking about how they would have tickets for Rascal Flatts in Hamilton, not to mention George Canyon. I heard the morning show on Monday and they didn't say anything, but hadn't listened since. Clearly, they didn't tell their staff much. Totally bizarre. Now we have no country stations.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

there is kicx 106fm it's country

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks--that's fine for listening but not for winning tickets I wonder how long bands like Rascal Flatts, Brad P, Carrie Underwood will play Hamilton without a supporting station.

Maybe 820 will go back and give up on the talk format.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A MESSAGE TO OUR LISTENERS...
    And now I'm glad I didn't know
    The way it all would end, the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance; I could have missed the pain
    But I'd have had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks "The Dance"
    The New Country 95.3 wants to thank you, our faithful listeners for being our dance partners these past seven years. We couldn't have become Canada's most listened to country station without your loyal support. And while it was a great ride, it's time to introduce the next chapter in the ongoing history of the New 95.3.

The New 95.3 is now playing all the Greatest Hits from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. It’s upbeat, fun and will have you singing along to all your favourite tunes! You’ll flash back to memories of your first kiss…your first slow dance, your first car… those rights of passage that we all share! So sit back and enjoy the greatest of the greats…The Stones, The Beatles, Chicago, Boston, The Doors, Blondie, Fleetwood Mac…we could go on and on but you’re probably already thinking of all your favourite bands…count on it, you’ll hear them!

And please hang onto all your Country Club points. We'll be introducing a new VIP Listener club where you can put your points to use in the very near future!

On behalf of the New 95.3, welcome aboard!! Click here to LISTEN LIVE.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well isn't that a 'kick in the guts'

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, this is quite the shock. I'm very disappointed to see this new change. The Hamilton/Burlington/Toronto area definitely needs a country station. In my opinion the GTA has enough 60s/70s/80s/90s/whatever we want to play stations. Country 95.3 was the only station where I did not have a direct competitor station I could switch to if by some slight chance I happened to dislike the current song being played.
    The station's suggestion of listening to Corus' Calgary or Edmonton country stations is ridiculous. Part of the appeal of Country 95.3 is that it was local. I will definitely be searching for a different, non-Corus country station. BX 93 in London is great if anyone finds themselves down there regularly, as is KICX 106.7 in Waterloo, but the reception can be spotty south of Hamilton and impossible in Hamilton or farther North. I believe there is a station in Midland/Orillia for those of you farther North (KICX 105.9) but as for us in the Hamilton/Burlington/Toronto area, I'll have to keep searching.
    And Cindym99, you raise a great point with respect to the possiblity of fewer country artists stopping in Hamilton. Therefore, this change could also hurt Copps Coliseum and the HECFI group (although I'm not sure how the political and corporate alliances lie so I can't comment with any authority). As for us listeners, thank goodness for the recent rise in the John Labatt Centre in London. It has been attracting just as many (Rascal Flatts), if not more, big time country acts (Sugarland and Keith Urban/Lady A) than Copps and I find it a nicer alternative (and venue) than driving to the ACC. At least I'll still be able to get my fill of live country music that way.
    Thanks to everyone for all of their assistance with the Country 95.3 Country Club contests and points, and I wish everyone luck in finding a new radio station!
    I see that there is a link to send the station mail on the page that describes the new change - I will certainly be passing this message on.
    Sportsjack
    PS - the address is [email protected] for anyone wishing to pass on their feedback. And for anyone in the Windsor area, there is a great country station launching on Monday morning - Windsor's FM 95.9. It has been testing its services for the past few weeks and the rotation of test country music has been great. (As you can tell I do a lot of driving around Southern Ontario and have managed to find most of the country stations along the way....the only elusive one is a Country 95.3 replacement in the GTA!)
    Last edited by sportsjack; Sat, Nov 14th, 2009 at 10:33 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would LOVE to get that country London station in because it's the same distance for me to go there for concerts as it is ACC. (I love ACC HATE Copps, hear great things about London arena) but their station doesn't make it to Hamilton. It's too bad because they had keith urban tickets last yr before anyone else and had an 800 number. It's funny, they kept sending me surveys last yr and asking for feedback. I never minded the music the issues I had were more format/personnel.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm still in shock about Country 95.3! I have no idea what I'm going to listen to at work now Country 95.3 was the only thing that got me through the work week!
    I guess I'll have no country music out here in Niagara until I go back to Waterloo in January and I'll be able to pick up KIX 106.
    Thanks to all here for your contributions to the trivia and points and I hope I'll be able to put my 500,000+ points to use somehow! Lol.
    <CENTER>

</CENTER>

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If anyone finds a country station that can be heard on the radio in Brampton please send me a message and let me know.

I'm having withdrawal symptoms...and it isn't pretty!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's amazing how much we come to rely on/enjoy a particular radio station, isn't it? Good luck to everyone with finding a replacement

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

LOL I had 4 million points no kidding..first I was saving them for possible keith urban in oct (which they didn't do in the club) then Taylor swift in May. I can't imagine what the new station will have that I want, so far when I hear it there isn't even a DJ lol.

Thread Information