User Tag List

Page 200 of 226 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3377
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ok so I am going to try the juice fast again for breakfast and lunch and have a good supper. I bought a Jack Lalane juicer at Target a while back $45 reduced from $150 and I like it a lot, easy to use. I cooked all day today so no excuse to eat junk and there is no more junk in the house. We ate it all during the holidays .

Actually we did pretty well during the holidays but still overate. I am motivated to get back on track. I know , just words, we'll see how it goes. Good luck to everyone and especially our 2 preggos. take care of yourselves.
    Angela273, Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    This makes me laugh because my son is the opposite , he trains big on top and lightly on the legs and yet he still has huge legs lol. He inherited that from both DH and me.
    Angela273, Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

HI, you beautiful Losers!!!!

Totally movitvated...Day 2 with hubby and our DD and her hubby...they even tossed out all their wine!!! GAH!!! Appys went, too, and we also purged (hubby took all the chocolates from our DD's to his pool-room guys and they gobbled 'em up...better them than us!)....so back on Herbal One, although not going to get weighed in there and I have enough of their supplements and when those run out, I'll be on my own, just as I was, successfully, last year.

Good luck to everyone!! THIS will be a new SPRING for ALL of US!!!

..I don't think I'll be jumping. However.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Started a weight training program, upper body and core only as my ankle and now my knee are gone for the moment. At least it's something.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Started a weight training program, upper body and core only as my ankle and now my knee are gone for the moment. At least it's something.
    Patty, that's fantastic! And with kids home, still?! Something is better than nothing, Hon...proud of you for making such a good start. There's no way I can exercise, which really isn't any different than last year when I lost, but now even walking like Fred Munster probably doesn't qualify as exercise..
    However! I did it before without it, and I'll do it again! Calories in / calories out.

Good luck to you, !!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jan 2nd, 2015 at 05:56 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh Lynn you have such wonderful supportive DH and kids!! You guys wil have this kicked in no time! Patty, I admire the workout you are focusing on, as you said,better than nothing....( which is what I am doing, lol )

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh Lynn you have such wonderful supportive DH and kids!! You guys wil have this kicked in no time! Patty, I admire the workout you are focusing on, as you said,better than nothing....( which is what I am doing, lol )

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The choice is OURS:

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Another good day under my belt....actually...there's more than that under my belt, but let's leave it at that.

I just had 14 Vegetable Thins and an apple as my snack, plus a cup of herbal tea, so I'm off to sleep.

I hope everyone had a good day...toodles until tomorrow!!
    Sweet dreams...dream of celery...{{{{shudder!!}}}}

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yesterday was a good day for me also. I have told DD to remind me every night to do my weights and she was right on schedule last night More importantly I also told her not to let me finish the scraps from her plate, a big mistake many moms make for sure. I am going to just close my eyes and throw it out no matter what.
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Sat, Jan 3rd, 2015 at 10:18 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Yesterday was a good day for me also. I have told DD to remind me every night to do my weights and she was right on schedule last night More importantly I also told her not to let me finish the scraps from her plate, a big mistake many moms make for sure. I am going to just close my eyes and throw it out no matter what.
    Throwing out food really hurts, doesn't it, Patty? I think it's the way we were raised...whenever I have a hamburger or hotdog bun, I scoop out most of the bread from the tops, some from the bottom if there's a lot and oh, my...to just toss that bread into the garbage seems like such a waste, it's sinful! Jenny sure doesn't need it, either...lol...But, it's what we have to do to get healthy. You have a good little coach there with you...that's quite the motivation! With our DD and her DH "eating healthy" now (they don't use the 'diet' word), our grandson now is on board and has requested sliced cucumbers for his morning snack...we're all anxious to see how long that lasts, lol, but his dinners will certainly be healthier now with the planning their busy lives need to do...keep up the great work, Patty!

So I just had to RE-read my Herbal One program and yep, there it was: 2 slices of Healthy Harvest Vitality bread=1 serving!! No more dried out, skinny sliced WW bread! So for breakfast I had 1/2 pink grapefruit, 2 slices HHV bread, 1 small o% yogurt and I'm stuffed. I still haven't had any protein, and I know I should, particularly in the morning, so I think I'll keep a bunch of boiled eggs in the fridge to supplement my protein, or just have more fish for dinner tonight...and I can bread them before we bake them, yay! Yep...small joys..

Hope everyone else is doing fine.
    Walks?? {{{knock, knock}}}
    How are you doing, Dearie??
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Jan 3rd, 2015 at 11:47 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Interesting article, and something that I've come to believe through my diet/non-exercise year of weight-loss last year. Because of my arthritis and fibromyalgia, just walking some days can be painful...blow-drying my hair requires me to support my arm on my dresser because of the pain and fatigue of that arm..and that's always, every time. I have to rest my arms if I'm inclined to put rollers in my hair..my arms ache so much...as if I'd been lifting weights for hours on end. So...I've had to lose weight without doing anything more strenuous than walking on the days I can.

So along comes articles such as this, from 2010, yes, but there are more recent ones even now that say the same thing.
    "exercise won't contribute to weight loss...it does help to tone our bodies" (my quote)

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...-public-health

Patty, this is for you:
    Running on empty: fat is a feminine issue

The good news The latest scientific findings from the US suggest that an intense workout in the gym is actually less effective than gentle exercise in terms of weight loss. Barry Braun, associate professor of kinesiology at the University of Massachusetts, says that the evidence emerging from his research team shows that moderate exercise such as "low-intensity ambulation" (ie walking) may help to burn calories "without triggering a caloric compensation effect" – ie without making you reach for a snack the moment you're done. In one experiment, Braun showed that simply standing up instead of sitting used up hundreds more calories a day without increasing appetite hormones in your blood.

"Food" for thought??

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

If anyone needs a calorie-counter, I've used this one for a while now...
    http://caloriecount.about.com/foods

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A variation of "skinny soup"...there's a lot of them out there, and if I'm feeling peckish
    in the evening, I've even had a cup or two of this type of soup...I prefer a tomato-based
    one over a chickeny-broth only one, but anyhoodles...here's one for you..
    http://caloriecount.about.com/skinny-soup-recipe-r39790

240g is about 3/4C of soup
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

WALKS!!! Woohoo!!!!

You're MIA!!!

Page 200 of 226 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 ... LastLast

Thread Information