User Tag List

Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Re: the students and schools being open due to the cold weather. Time to share those stories again of how when we were their age, we walked ----- far/long to get to school... I'm sure there are many people discovering how quickly phone batteries can drain in really cold weather.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Ciel, it will take all my will power to not look at patterns!!!! I need a new curtain rod and some fabric for next years Christmas jammies and a few notions, will force myself to leave it at that!!
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry for all those in the deep freeze-currently plus 9 here but -16 by tonight-got to enjoy those brief warm Chinook winds when they come! Anyway I went out and shovelled a bit of snow to get some fresh air while it lasts. Also hoping everyone who is feeling under the weather will soon feel better! Natalka and I seem to agree that this months thread title is a bit too appropriate! Perhaps we should vow to never again add the word chill or cold to any future Jan thread titles-lol!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Jan 7th, 2015 at 04:09 PM.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Had to go out to pick kiddos up from school. Its 1km each way walking but I asked my friend if I could get a ride with her one way so at least I wasn't out too long. My cellphone did not like the -30 windchill though. It went from 50% charge down to 4% and shut off by the time I got home. Then I had trouble getting it to charge but its charging now. I had it in my coat pocket but tomorrow when I have to walk I'll put it in an inside pocket so hopefully it keeps warmer lol.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I got called to teach at 7:30 this morning to teach 40min away. I was still in bed at the time. The teacher had car trouble. I will be in for him again tomorrow while it is in the shop. I was already booked at his school for Friday. Since I will be teaching this class for 2.5 days this week, I am now implimenting a temporary reward system for the class. I think the prize will be a Mars bar for the winner.
    Well the teacher that I was in for today just texted me and cancelled the day that he had booked with me for tomorrow. Oh well. Hopefully I get called to teach somewhere else, especially in town.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Our last try had over 30 Smart Canucks from across Canada join us for the Christmas Card Exchange.

It's time for a Valentine's Day Card Exchange!

Come and check us out and let's exceed the goal of 30 for this one!

Everyone could use a "hug" in February!

Check us out at http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/397651-...ross-t-canada/ on the Welcome Thread on the Forum!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

saundyl glad you made it to the doctor, hope you feel better soon, take care & poor puppy
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

So far January is sucking big time.....

Dishwasher broke. But managed to get a fantastic deal at the brick on a new one.

But the real kicker is that a patient stole money out of my wallet today. I had $100 or $120 (I can't remember whether it was 5 or 6 $20 bills). It was our spending money. I probably shouldn't go into details on a public forum but suffice it to say I am sure it was my patient. I feel very violated. I'll never leave a patient alone in my office again. I'm there to help and this is how I get repaid? I'm not as mad about the missing money (well I am but I should have taken it out of my purse but I forgot) as I am that a patient would steal from me. I can't "prove" it was this person (eventhough I know it was),so no point in calling the cops. But really who steals from their healthcare provider?

I made homemade ravioli on the weekend. Cooked it today and it was a total bust. Mushy, exploded stuffing everywhere. It tasted alright but looked revolting. I spent so much time making it.

Feeling defeated this month.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    So far January is sucking big time.....

Dishwasher broke. But managed to get a fantastic deal at the brick on a new one.

But the real kicker is that a patient stole money out of my wallet today. I had $100 or $120 (I can't remember whether it was 5 or 6 $20 bills). It was our spending money. I probably shouldn't go into details on a public forum but suffice it to say I am sure it was my patient. I feel very violated. I'll never leave a patient alone in my office again. I'm there to help and this is how I get repaid? I'm not as mad about the missing money (well I am but I should have taken it out of my purse but I forgot) as I am that a patient would steal from me. I can't "prove" it was this person (eventhough I know it was),so no point in calling the cops. But really who steals from their healthcare provider?

I made homemade ravioli on the weekend. Cooked it today and it was a total bust. Mushy, exploded stuffing everywhere. It tasted alright but looked revolting. I spent so much time making it.

Feeling defeated this month.
    Hope things turn around for you, hopefully the bad things happen in threes is true and you are done for awhile.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Re: the students and schools being open due to the cold weather. Time to share those stories again of how when we were their age, we walked ----- far/long to get to school... I'm sure there are many people discovering how quickly phone batteries can drain in really cold weather.
    I know things are different 'out East' - neither when I was a kid, nor when my son was in school, was there ever school cancelled because of weather. Once when our son was in high school, there was a huge blizzard and they were let go in the afternoon.

Oh, I have tons of frozen stories to tell when I was a kid - we were about six long blocks away from elementary school. I would walk with my sister, who was two grades ahead of me. I just remember us walking there - going north - of course we were totally bundled up, but I would just be crying and crying because it was so cold, and we'd walk backwards to keep out of the wind... some of those days were just horrible!

lizzie - it's great you got a Chinook, no such luck for us here! On rare occasions, one will blow through us here courtesy of AB, but not often! We are just stuck in this deepfreeze.
    Even today, when the temps went into the minus teens, the winds went up really high, so the windchill was just as bad as all the other days!

Insane, that's awful about the theft, and sorry about your d/w dying...

saundyl, hope your meds fix you up quickly!

Yesterday my right eye was bugging me - itchy, etc. This morning, it hurt like a son of a ...gun.
    In the outside corner, inner bottom lid, there's a sty. Haven't had one of those in years and years.
    I'll leave it alone for now, it's not bugging me any more, will see if it goes down, or if I have to see a doc. Just ick.

Had a great supper and visit with our son. He was supposed to be off on holidays this week, but they needed him, so hopefully he gets next week off.

G'nite, all!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

That`s just awful Insane. Can`t believe someone would do that.
    Hope things turn around for you real soon.

Not sleeping is getting really old. Was up all night again...had breakfast at 6:00. Still wasn`t tired Then I started feeling nauseous (sometimes the pred will do that) so I didn`t want to go upstairs to bed. Finally laid on the couch around 10:00 and slept for 2 hours. I was told to take the meds early in the morning but it doesn`t seem to make any difference. I am so ready to get off this drug.

I have the 3rd strip of the afghan almost done but gave up. Was tearing more out than I was getting done. Decided tomorrow is another day.

MrsS How are the crochet lessons going? Have you decided what your first project will be?

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

am I the only one with a kid that keeps losing his wallet or keys....grrrr

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Natalka, if you do need to see someone about your eye, check your pharmacy to see if he or she can prescribe, I have just started doing this at my Taraget pharmacy and it is great for little things like a sty, no waiting and you get the help you need.Hope it just goes away on its own though!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

yes crochetlady... i've started (and restarted a few times) a small dish cloth. now i think its turning into a larger one. who knows..
    im loving it. can't wait to try some new stitches and new projects.
    i've joined a local group that meets to encourage each other monthly. looking forward to it.

actually while at my moms today, to learn how to yarn over properly, and have dinner. my mom gave me an old twin sized baby blanket. she was going to donate it. i said i'll take it. i posted it on a local sale site. PPU i've sold it for $50. to think she was going to just donate it. i'll offer her the money, however i know she'll tell me to keep it and put it towards more yarn.. LOL.
    she also gave me her old knitting bag. so cool. going to wash it up tomorrow.

haven't heard anything back yet regarding the job. sent an email, nothing yet on that either.
    thinking i may call on friday to see if they've made a decision.

anyway for now im just 'chilling'.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    am I the only one with a kid that keeps losing his wallet or keys....grrrr
    Oh boy, I only have one left at home and he is pretty good but my 3 girls were absolutely brain dead when it came to house keys and bank cards. I finally installed an electronic lock on our front door with a code and took the cost out of their budget, no more door bell ringing at one am!!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Wed, Jan 7th, 2015 at 11:46 PM.

Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread Information