User Tag List

Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Momof5 bfs oldest left his iphone in a gas station washroom 3 hours from home and didnt tell us until the next day when we were 14 hours into our drive to sk.

Insane thats awful! Some people just have no consideration. Glad you git the dishwasher replaced.

I could have swirn i replued earlier but don't see it posted.

Bf ended up with the same meds as me but totally different instructions on takjng them
    Im taking 2 per day of 3 days.he takes 2 today and 1 for the next 4 days.

Crochetlady i hope you get some sleep soon.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Insane, that is terrible! It makes you feel your trust has been violated! I hope they really NEEDED the money. Even so, inexcusable!

Natalka - when I got sties my mum would have me rinse it with with warm salt water. Remember those little glass eye rinse things? Hope it gets better soon!

Crochetlady - hope you can get some renewing sleep. I also have trouble - which reminds me, after the chocolate I have eaten today, I should have a cup of chamomile tea.

Wow this cold is piercing - I remember those long walks to school when I was a kid - tears streaming from eyes. We used to walk home and back for lunch too.

We don't have a block heater as we don't usually need it. I remember when I moved to Sudbury a LONG time ago from SW Ontario. It was August and I didn't understand what all the wires were that were hanging down in the parking lot at Inco!
    Sure found out quickly!

I made a stew today in the slow cooker. The best part was that when we were shopping this afternoon I didn't have to worry about what was for supper!

Take care all! Good night!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I know things are different 'out East' - neither when I was a kid, nor when my son was in school, was there ever school cancelled because of weather. Once when our son was in high school, there was a huge blizzard and they were let go in the afternoon.

Oh, I have tons of frozen stories to tell when I was a kid - we were about six long blocks away from elementary school. I would walk with my sister, who was two grades ahead of me. I just remember us walking there - going north - of course we were totally bundled up, but I would just be crying and crying because it was so cold, and we'd walk backwards to keep out of the wind... some of those days were just horrible!

lizzie - it's great you got a Chinook, no such luck for us here! On rare occasions, one will blow through us here courtesy of AB, but not often! We are just stuck in this deepfreeze.
    Even today, when the temps went into the minus teens, the winds went up really high, so the windchill was just as bad as all the other days!

Insane, that's awful about the theft, and sorry about your d/w dying...

saundyl, hope your meds fix you up quickly!

Yesterday my right eye was bugging me - itchy, etc. This morning, it hurt like a son of a ...gun.
    In the outside corner, inner bottom lid, there's a sty. Haven't had one of those in years and years.
    I'll leave it alone for now, it's not bugging me any more, will see if it goes down, or if I have to see a doc. Just ick.

Had a great supper and visit with our son. He was supposed to be off on holidays this week, but they needed him, so hopefully he gets next week off.

G'nite, all!
    Ouch stys suck! Ive had them before. My grandma put a warm tea bag on my eye if i remember right.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, saundyl, that's right! The tannic acid helps heal it! Great suggestion!
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 6 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

We are out of the "extreme cold warning" here and the temps warmed up to -24 windchill lol.

Hope everyone has a good day

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Someone please remind me how many days we have to suffer til Lily dog & I can sit out & spy on the neighbours?

Got absolutely nothing accomplished on my list of chores yesterday. Well, except for playtime (that's essential!). I did help take down all the condo Xmas decorations (200+ people in the building, same 3 people have to set up & then clean up - one retiree, one who's had 2 hip replacements & decrepit ol' me). On the plus side, I got more than my daily dose of exercise.

Anyone have some motivation or energy I can borrow? I met up with a friend the other day I hadn't seen since late November. Of course, I had put her Xmas present in a safe place & forgot where I'd put it - spent 3 hours tearing the place apart looking for it before I remembered it was tucked away safely downstairs in the storage locker. Haven't put things back where they belong yet, cause I was too busy/tired/unmotivated. That's first on my list of chores, unless I foolishly decide to go out & play in the arctic zone. Or nap.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I was in & out of the hospital a lot during the SARS outbreak. Because they had to crack down on who could come & go from the hospital, theft went down 90% (that still left 10% from staff & patients ). I can't imagine ever robbing someone - bopping a certain doctor on the head with his stethoscope, yeah, but stealing it? Some people really are selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    But the real kicker is that a patient stole money out of my wallet today. I had $100 or $120 (I can't remember whether it was 5 or 6 $20 bills). It was our spending money. I probably shouldn't go into details on a public forum but suffice it to say I am sure it was my patient. I feel very violated. I'll never leave a patient alone in my office again. I'm there to help and this is how I get repaid? I'm not as mad about the missing money (well I am but I should have taken it out of my purse but I forgot) as I am that a patient would steal from me. I can't "prove" it was this person (eventhough I know it was),so no point in calling the cops. But really who steals from their healthcare provider?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Got my flyers this morning and also got both Red Plum and a Smartsource inserts woo hoo!!!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I know things are different 'out East' - neither when I was a kid, nor when my son was in school, was there ever school cancelled because of weather. Once when our son was in high school, there was a huge blizzard and they were let go in the afternoon.
    I think it has more to do with temperature fluctuations leading to icy roads than the amount of snow (with a few exceptions). Even with salters & sanders, there's only so much you can do when dealing with freezing rain. Depending on where you are in Toronto, you can go from rain to sleet to heavy snow within a block or so. Having said that, it does seem like folks are not as organized as they were when I was a kid. We rarely had a snow day. Then again, I lived in the suburbs, next door to the elementary school (I used to go home for lunch to watch TV ).

My bff has a brother near Washington who always laughs when there's a snowfall - less than an inch of snow can shut down the government.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Andit, you are right about the fluctuations in Ontario.Having lived in Ontario for my childhood I know first hand the difference in the types of winters. The snow is very dry in Alberta and doesn't usually have the weight to it, when I moved here I couldn't believe you couldn't make a snow man because the snow doesn't pack unless it is thawing out side!! Ontario can have that heavy heavy moisture in the snow that causes havoc with icing on power lines and roads.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Eye feels okay, sty looks the same, but eye isn't reddening or anything.
    Will do the teabag, I thought of it yesterday, just didn't do it - no way am I using salt water, though!

It's warmed here a bit, though not much. Sun is out though, so that's a huge bonus!

Didn't get much sleep last night, so I'll head for a nap soon!

Enjoy whatever comes today!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A sick teacher called me at 7:20 this morning to teach at a Catholic school in town. I told the staff about my pregnancy. I have been receiving congratulations. My friend had her baby boy this morning, on her due date. He has lots of long hair, no name yet.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Insane how very upsetting, I can certainly understand how you would feel with someone snooping through your purse and taking your $, hope this month turns around and your luck improves.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Thu, Jan 8th, 2015 at 03:00 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

crochetlady hope you get some much needed rest and start to feel better soon
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just awfull insane
    -well day 2 of staying in -too cold -have to babysit on friay awy
    -well I am copying frugalbigmama just posted 12 items on kijiji - a few winter stuff -hopefully it sells -clearing out the house bit by bit
    -using up stuff in my freezer too-being frugal this month

Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread Information