User Tag List

Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

[QUOTE=Ciel;6270903]@avoncallingu
    Birthday freebies
    -Sephora VIB-sign up in store when you buy something. I noticed a Nars lip item seems to the be birthday freebie this year. Sephora sent me an email last week to update my profile (I had requested no email promos as they were sending too many) so I set e-mail to weekly. Hope to see a birthday e-mail about getting the freebie in-store (Jan. birthday here too).

-ShoppersOptimum gives an Optimum points coupon by e-mail the week or 5 days prior to your birthday. If you forget to redeem, you are out points. (last year I received the 4000 pts offer and forgot to bring it along the ONE time I was in-store that week).

-Starbucks gift card registered online-free birthday drink of choice and it can be any size.
    @coupongirl -am debating about making the trip to Stoney Creek's Value Village for the sale. Not certain I'd find a pair of pants. I definitely like today's milder temperature--it's going to feel like -27C tonight.

Thanks for the info! We don't have a Sephora here. The others seem like good possibilities.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    avon just remembered that Giant Tiger sends you a coupon via email for a choice of 3 or 4 items
    Thanks, J&C!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

So yesterday dh and I went to the re-use it centre, we hadn't been there since before Christmas .

I got a few treasures yesterday.....

A kitchen timer which the kids use to time their turns on the xbox (ours broke a ways back but we never replaced).

A few vintage glass Christmas tree ornaments in a lovely pearl color.

A bright orange reversible winter coat (not that I needed another coat, it's my weakness) but will bring and leave this 1 at the cottage for those chilly days.

A bright pink & super soft housecoat (soft like those baby blankets) with colorful design debating on switching out my current house coat and bringing my old one to the cottage and keeping this one for home (yes it's that nice) . I love wearing a housecoat in the mornings until my coffee kicks in (lol) BUT I have been wanting 1 for the cottage for those mornings when I need to drink a whackadoodle of coffee before I get moving and dressed so now I'm set . Oh dear just realized my housecoat is falling under my coat obsession

I also got 3 travel mugs that I don't think were ever used which I will be brining to the cottage for those outside morning coffees while watching the loons on the lake

A ceramic canister for dog treats it says treats (I filled it with the dogs treats so were all set ) and now I have the jar near the back door as Charlotte always wants a cookie when she does her business and I will admit this looks much nicer than the dog treat bags

2 David Baldacci books that I haven't read.....he's such a great author

AND dh got a few things too

So happy with my finds and I'm keeping a list this year to see how much $ we saved shopping there.

Did you say that your "Re-Use It" Centre is FREE? Wow - it might be worth the trip to Clayton, Ontario. I must admit, I don't know where that is. (I apologize for my ignorance!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

After playing a little phone tag with a couple people I ended up booking 4 teachings days in the next week. I currenmy only have Thursday available for this week. These are certainly days that pay for my cell phone.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I just sewed buttons on over 50 towels and tagged them. I`ll be picking up the leftover Christmas ones and putting these out.
    Have to get blood work done in the morning for the water intake study...hope it goes better than last week. Sometimes I feel like a pin cushion by the time they`re done.
    Have to go to Stratford to the funeral home...friend`s sister died yesterday...so might go to Pizza Hut for lunch. Haven`t been there in ages.

WTG on the teaching days Angela.

A year ago I got the SDM points coupon for my birthday. They say you don`t have to buy anything but I did anyway and got the points. This year I got the same offer and didn`t buy anything. I didn`t get the points.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-30 wowww we are getting use to this cold stuff-hubby picked up a extra run today -he already lost one scarf(see just like the little kids)
    -I have a dentist appt today(cleaning)i will ask her the question(why does my mouth dry up about 4 days a month-then my gum above the teeth they replaced swells ) I think I know the answer already cause the inferior dentist let it go to long and damage was done-like nancy states kay sera sera whatever will be will be
    -then signed my neighbour and I up for a free libarary program-money savvy(the woman is coming in from Toronto) its for 1 hour -we will see f I learn a new thing or two

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ciel hope the smell comes out (finger crossed for you and the coat) smile
    Baking soda seems to have chased the smell away. I smell more Woolite than Febreeze!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

CL-I think you just have to take your SDM birthday coupon into the store and they scan it and you get the points without buying anything-you just have to go.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

BRRRRR! Good night to get house stuff done tonight. But have an early morning- UP at 5am for DS and his hockey! But will try and get a few things done other then the regular stuff. I really want to beef up my RRSP/TFSA so transferred $300 to my TFSA today. Will do more next week once I get organized. I tend to keep too much in savings but have to remember that the TFSA is my money too and I can take out at anytime.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning! It's 'warmed' up here, we should be getting to single minus digits for the next few days!

Wanted to share a pic of our church - it's a cathedral.
    Second priest from the left is our nephew, then our bishop, on the right is our parish priest, a good friend of ours - my husband was in seminary in Rome the same time he was.
    Nephew was visiting from California, where he's working as a prof at a university for a year. Our niece and their three girls are loving the sunshine - they are from Winnipeg.

Name:  StGsJan2015b.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  89.8 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Absolutley beautiful natalka, Hope you had a good visit with them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bought 6 more wine Christmas bags (will use for other stuff too) for 4 cents each. I am set with wrapping paper/bags for the next few years I hope

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What is for dinner tonight? I have a sink full of dishes ( we were lazy and didn't clean up after dinner- we rarely ever do that so it was allowed lol) and a dishwasher full of clean dishes. So will figure out dinner while cleaning up the kitchen. Will also take something out for tomorrow nights dinner to toss in the crockpot. I'm thinking chicken since we have tons. Will prep potatoes and veggies tonight for tomorrow nights dinner too. Freezer on bottom of fridge is starting to empty nicely. I should take everything out tonight and plan to use up in the next week. Then I can sort the chest freezer.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I picked up three mornings (.6) of Pre-K at the Catholic school down my street. I texted the secretary to let her know and asked her to book me for the matching afternoons if anything came up. I haven't taught at this school since December, so I will announce my pregnancy when I am there.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jan 13th, 2015 at 03:00 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

beautiful picture Natalka
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information