User Tag List

Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

your on a roll Angela, great start to 2015
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ciel glad the baking soda helped

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Inquring Minds want to know!!!

With gas prices going down in most provinces.....

are you putting the difference between your original budgeted amount and the new gas prices in savings, buying more groceries, tax free savings account, vacation, anything goes. There Could be no difference

hope that makes some sense....all is all what are you doing with the extra savings if anything different??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-glad you are able to work despite your all day nausea! J and C- I must admit I don't have a set amount allocated to each category so don't know where we are spending the extra gas money-I just have a general budget target each month which I try not to exceed.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Congrats Angela, keep getting those hours to make mat leave stress free! i hope the morning sickness is waning a bit for you.
    Nancy, I don't set aside gas in my budget under it's own category, I drive very little now that my son has his license, if we go out of town it is usually with my husband and he has mileage he has to record for his job when he is working, so a lot of his is a write off. A lot of times if I have an appointment in Calgary or Edmonton he will arrange to see a client while I am at the doctors so we can kill two birds with one stone, sometimes it works sometimes not.
    Well I am embarrassed to admit but I am still going through Christmas stuff and organizing things in the basement, slow going for sure!!
    I really want to get some sewing of summer clothes done for myself next week, we may be going to Hawaii to a conference in May, at one point we were going to bring the whole family on our Avion miles but when I had my heart issues it was put on hold because I may not be able to get travel insurance so soon after I had the procedure and 2 of our kids had to book their holidays in January.I don't see the cardiologist until February so I will find out then if I get the go ahead to travel.I'm fine either way, my husband will go with our one daughter who will just be finishing up at college and be available, the trip is all expense paid in a 5 star resort so there is no way I am holding him back from going!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Gas Savings- Right now I am just carrying the money ahead to the next period but the amount is getting high lol. So will give myself an extra $100 (to cover extra travelling in the future) and then I think I'm going to plunk the excess in my TFSA.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have to say I have the most wonderful sister. Not only did she watch my oldest so he didn't have to be dragged out of town for a hockey tournament (nice pool and eating out isn't fun??) she bought him and his brother new shoes (she messaged me saying it was a sale and my oldest didn't want 2 pairs so asked what size for his brother- got the next size up so they will be good for his next growth spurt) She also gave me a $75 GC for Kelsey's/Swiss Chalet etc. She redeemed all her Airmiles long ago for GC and treats us well! So will have to save it for a nice dinner out with the boys

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Can we rename the thread to “just freezing my @$$ off in January”. OMG it’s so cold. Should have been a frugal day as I am working at home but the pup has damaged his paw, so 160.00 later. I was a nice mom today and picked both boys up from their schools, at least the sun is shining.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

LOL @ Lilo.. yep. its going to be balmy by the weekend though.

ive gone through an two boxes of cake decorating items, we're selling. holy crap. it was alot.
    next is the christmas items. dh and i are going through 10 boxes. (rubbermaid containers worth). yikes.
    its all getting posted.
    im really REALLY hoping once i start posting/clearing the space and making the $ dh will be like. sell SELL! LOL

our main reason for doing this is because if we need to we want to be able to pack up our home in one week.
    its a bit of a long story behind it all. but for the most part, if i have to pack up the house by myself.
    less is way more.
    its crazy the amount of crap we have when we start going through it all.
    SO
    If I EVER suggest im going to a garage/rummage/church sale. STOP me. PLEASE.
    no really.. LOL.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

lilo what happened to the puppy, poor thing

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

FBM lucky indeed your sister sounds like a real sweetheart, enjoy your treat out when it works for all your schedules (no hockey lol)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    lilo what happened to the puppy, poor thing
    he pulled his nail off jumping from the bed. he needs an antibiotic
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    CL-I think you just have to take your SDM birthday coupon into the store and they scan it and you get the points without buying anything-you just have to go.
    I did take it in and was scanned but no points.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

CL-when something like that happens to me I just call 1-800-shoppers and they credit the missing points. My Mum is doing well after her cataract surgery - she has been keeping me a bit busy today with rides, eye drops, cups of tea etc. For dinner tonight we tried the pizza special at Co-op-2 long, hot, fresh baked pizzas for $10 -pretty good and a bit more than the 4 of us could eat.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well went to dentist and told her i still have a few flareups a month -my mouth drys out(i use biotene ) and the gum swells she said - may have to take the prescription rinse the rest of my life -but still get better in time
    -anyway went the library and seen a presentation from a blogger -Kerry taylor -google her
    -she talked about unconventional ways to save
    -like using the k-cup refillable cup with your own coffee-which I do most days
    save one dollar at a time
    - I dont think she cared for loyalty programs as she had stated "did you get your free socks"but I wasnt there to debate just listen-mind you she did state in our c loset we should have 85% used-15% new in clothing which I firmly believe
    a quote from Kerry "its not about how much you make -its about how much you dont spend -true true-very interesting presentation
    -my son called me "ashlyn" weight 23 pounds now -she got a needle today didnt grow much In height

Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information