User Tag List

Page 204 of 226 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3377
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Abby5 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Crustless veggie pie...I've made them into muffins so that I could pop them into the microwave whenever I wanted one...just an idea for you...our DD is so busy this time of year, and she mentioned that she just doesn't have time to think up new ideas...so I'm sharing some with her and with you...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You can't feel like you're on a diet with this in front of you!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

For Patty: Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes; actually...this really looks fantastic!!
    We have dinners here that are strictly veggie, too, from time to time and this may be something I'd love to try...

More vegan recipes here:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/deenashanker...54#.hePdeV0dY5

Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Jan 11th, 2015 at 10:27 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

save.ca has a coupon for $3 off wyb any 5 Smart Ones, which are on sale at Target for 1.89.
    Will be going back for more after physio today!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My biggest goal right now is to eat (funny right), I have been so busy lately and seem to get called away from my desk for an hour or more at a time that before I realize it, it is 1 pm and all I have had is a cup of tea as I keep skipping breakfast to get an extra 20 to 30 minutes of sleep.

So now I must get back on track with eating 5 to 6 smaller meals in a day or else I completely pig out at dinner as it is the only proper meal I am getting as lunch usually comes home with me and put back in the fridge for tomorrow.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    My biggest goal right now is to eat (funny right), I have been so busy lately and seem to get called away from my desk for an hour or more at a time that before I realize it, it is 1 pm and all I have had is a cup of tea as I keep skipping breakfast to get an extra 20 to 30 minutes of sleep.

So now I must get back on track with eating 5 to 6 smaller meals in a day or else I completely pig out at dinner as it is the only proper meal I am getting as lunch usually comes home with me and put back in the fridge for tomorrow.
    You're absolutely right, Ashley, about getting in those meals; when I was on WW, I thought I was being so good, skipping meals/snacks, but on those weeks, I didn't lose a thing!!! I was actually attending meetings, that was quite a while ago, but I sure learned my lesson. We have to eat to lose weight, period. Otherwise our metabolism just shuts down and pouts. Won't do a lick of work burning calories. The other thing....I never used to wake up hungry. I could sit with a cup of coffee, skip breakfast...have lunch, then a big dinner. When our DD signed me up for Herbal Magic, I started the diet and a few days later phoned her and said, "I'm starving in the morning!"....she lol'd and said that was my metabolism actually using the fuel overnight and now it required more in the morning. Whatever the reason, I sure can lose weight when I eat! Our DD works anywhere from 50-60 hrs a week this time of year, but what she does is bake up a whole large pkg of chicken breasts on the weekend (just in a couple of cans of chunky tomatoes), and throughout the week uses them in various ways...in salads, with veggies, packing them into food-safe containers so she can nuke them if she needs to. She also drinks loads of water..much more, I think, than we "have" to on this diet, and there's my downfall. Not a fan of water. And even a bit of lemon in it changes it from water to something else, if we're to believe some sites....anyway, I don't like lemon in the stuff unless it's lemonade. But I try. -ish....

I hope you take time out of your day for lunch and of course, a breakfast, even if it's 'legal' toast with some peanut butter (no sugar) on it...I love my Vitality toast, peanut butter with a sliced banana on top...very filling, very legal!

Good luck, Ashley!
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Here are a few easy breakfast ideas for you"
    Bagel & Cream Cheese With Tomato

Ingredients:

• 1 small diet bagel
    • 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
    • 2 large slices tomato
    • Salt and pepper to taste

French Toast: 2 slices Vitality bread dipped into one scrambled egg with a bit of water and cinnamon and sweetner if desired, placed into a pan sprayed with Pam (or whatever), flip, flip, drizzle of diet maple syrup.

Oatmeal:
    1 packet plain oatmeal, prepared, small diced apple or pear, sprinkle of cinnamon and sweetner, nuke, add skim milk if needed.

My Apple Pie Breakfast: dice a nice big apple, top with packet of oatmeal, sprinkle with cinnamon, sweetner, nuke until apples are soft, add a bit of milk, stir and apple pie!

Waffles: 2 frozen waffles (I use any kind), toasted, topped with sliced bananas and wee drizzle of diet syrup.

Easy Peasy: 2 slices Vitality bread, toasted; 1/2C peaches or pears or fruit cocktail packed in juice, drained, mixed with one container vanilla pudding.

If you need any more, just ask! Hope that helps!

SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Not looking forward to weighing in
    i am all jelloeee from this baby
    not a good week....feeling crappy about how I look...hubby doesn't help he says he likes it. It helped bring his baby here and is feeding her too.
    It is just me with the problem!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Not looking forward to weighing in
    i am all jelloeee from this baby
    not a good week....feeling crappy about how I look...hubby doesn't help he says he likes it. It helped bring his baby here and is feeding her too.
    It is just me with the problem!
    You are SO fortunate! A new baby and a hubby who loves you "just the way you are"!
    Hon, don't be so hard on yourself...I know how difficult that may be, I remember our DD feeling the same way years ago when she had their little guy, even though her hubby is like yours...Just think what your body has gone through! You created another human being! And that takes a lot out of our bodies, and there's no quick-fix way out of it. You will get back to your 'old' self, eat properly, exercise moderately, get your sleep...and be proud of what you have done ... Created a family! You're young, your body will snap back into shape, but not today or next week...be kind to yourself. Our bodies respond to what we think of them...treat it with kindness, not disdain...you'll get there, promise!
    walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^^ Abby....what she said! +1
    Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Abby I am currently fearing stretch marks for what it is worth. I have always had a jelly belly, but got a few stretch marks with the second, so am worried what the third will do.

For now BioOil and I are BFFs and am I loving the shape my body is taking (being pregnant makes me feel beautiful). I often remind myself that our idea of beauty is distorted and will look at old art.
    Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thanks everyone. My body bounced back a lot faster with my sons but that was 15 and 22 years ago!
    SassyAshley likes this.
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Weigh-in day!!

I did something to my back overnight and have a very bad tweak right across my mid-back...so with many "ouch!" cries, hubby got me lowered onto the sofa, flipped the recliner thingy up, gave me a couple of x-tra strength Tylenol, breakfast, and here I sit. With Jennifur wrapped burrito-style across my lap. So as soon as I can manage to get up again and onto a scale...which is always 'fun' with this recovering knee, I'll post my loss. There had better be a loss! I ate so healthy this past week!

So how did everyone else do?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Weigh-in day!!

I did something to my back overnight and have a very bad tweak right across my mid-back...so with many "ouch!" cries, hubby got me lowered onto the sofa, flipped the recliner thingy up, gave me a couple of x-tra strength Tylenol, breakfast, and here I sit. With Jennifur wrapped burrito-style across my lap. So as soon as I can manage to get up again and onto a scale...which is always 'fun' with this recovering knee, I'll post my loss. There had better be a loss! I ate so healthy this past week!

So how did everyone else do?
    oh that sounds painful Lynn.......hope the Tylenol helps somewhat.
    In the meantime you and Miss Jenny can play a game of peek-a-boo!!

SassyAshley likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 204 of 226 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 ... LastLast

Thread Information