User Tag List

Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    The Just Curious Question??
    What is the thing that you can't pass up, anything goes.....books, shoes, hoodies, pjs (Ashley ), purses, you name it what's your weakness?
    It used to be books...until I realized that I had no room for clothes, cause the books were everywhere! I had to cull them and only keep my favourites.

These days, I have a lovely collection of DVDs (mostly TV shows from my youth - I buy them from Amazon with the GCs and give them to my Mom (used to be my Dad too) and we watch them together to remember fun times) where I once had books.

My current obsessions are pearls and semi-precious gemstones. I took up jewelry making a few years ago (my neighbour held a workshop & I got hooked), and now my friends get pretty shiny things on their b-days. There is one website that keeps having these darned sales that are too hard to pass up. Right now, they have a strand of pearls on sale for less than $1 and even with the exchange rate & customs, it's still far less than what I can find locally (a strand runs about $5 and with less selection than I can get online). As for gemstones, I have a soft spot for rose quartz and amethyst, although garnet (my birthstone) will also catch my eye.

I started off with a small box of findings. Then a few boxes which fit into a cloth reusable bag. I now have 2 shelving units full of items. We won't mention the jewelry boxes full of creations (thankfully, I have lots of friends & family to give my creations to, or I'd have enough baubles to wear a new one each day for a year or more ).
    Crochetlady, Lynn49, Ciel and 7 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I had 2 pick ups today and $16 for the crap sold jar! Dr Seuss books bring big bucks
    I have the whole collection of the old Dr. Seuss books, I bought them about 20 years ago from a man at a garage sale..it was pouring rain and I just started getting into garage sales and I thought I'm not going out in this..then I thought I would probably get better deals!! Off I go, this man had boxes and boxes of books Dr.Seuss, hardy boys, Nancy drew, etc..I asked him how much for the Dr. Seuss, he said $3.00, I thought $3.00 each he said for all of them!!! That was one of my best deals, I bought all of his books..the Bernstein Bears. I loved reading to my 3 children...I still have most of them, I just can't get rid of them!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-had a lovely supper at my daughter's she is an excellent cook roasted potatoes ,chicken pharmaean wih homemade sauce and roasted peppers and pine nuts and something else was in the veggies
    -we had ice wine -too sweet for me
    -wish I took my camera or a few picturs but alas I was bogged down with fabric softner ,toilet paper and paper towels-I like to give her a bit of my stockpile save them a bit
    -they always put out nice food and appitzers
    we stayed til 10.00 cause his parents always stay late

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    My weekend is not going as planned all of Mom's shifts have been extended which is good $$$ wise but not working into my plans for the weekend. We seem to be back to use working opposite schedules, seems like most of her days off are days I am going to be on the road which mans me getting home late. Oh well what can you do. I did manage to get a few more boxes moved around and make some space so at least now we can get into the craft/cake room. This room is a total disaster it is holding everything from our old craft room, Mom's cake room, her friend's old cake room (she decided when she moved she was going to focus on painting and no more cakes) and Nanny's craft room. Yeah pretty much boxes and piles to ceiling no room for anything including even just walking into the room.

Since I am on my own for dinner these days I have been using up odds and ends out of the freezer. Last night I found a single Grill'em left in the freezer and a bag of freezer burnt veggies I added a few diced mini potatoes that needed to be used up to a cookie sheet and baked it all for about 40 minutes and dinner was served. Also since I lined the cookie sheet with foil there was no clean up, just tossed my plate in the dishwasher and I was done. I love meals like this. On my own again tonight so will go and check soon and see what we have I can eat up today.

Not sure what my plans are for today yet, we will see what happens, trying to come up with this I can make and take to various locations with me to eat that are healthy and travel well.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

SassyAshley - if you are staying in a hotel and have a mini-fridge, then taking food with you becomes easier. If you are having a long day on the road and returning each night, then it might be a little more interesting. Either way, a little cooler with ice-packs would be helpful. I like to bake my own healthy muffins and cookies, they pack well. Yogurt cups, fruit cups, snack sized veggies, fruit, canned fruit (with can opener or easy open lids), hard sliced cheese, hard boiled eggs, etc. I hope this helps some.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 7 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

afternoon all.. moving slowly today... we at up til 1230 last night...
    i eventually just tucked in and fell asleep..

once we get our old bones moving we need to get groceries done. if i have the energy i'll conquer the house.
    its garbage day too... was really hoping to convince hubby to go through xmas too.
    wish me luck.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-man I am tired up late last night takes us an hour to drive home from daughter's
    -and today went mall shopping for deals got a few good ones

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Went to visit bil this afternoon. They`re still talking about moving him to Listowel, maybe tomorrow. We don`t think he looks ready but then, what do we know. Felt strange...he`s in the same room and bed as hubby was 3 years ago.

Stopped at a couple Dollaramas on the way home. Found another sh!tload of new towels. I`m doing the happy dance all over the place. I was getting bored with the old patterns.
    Andit, Natalka, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.
    been pretty frugal . I am on a mission to use things up. its working.
    got some free redbox movies...
    and spent the weekend cleaning.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We had the 2 sets of twins over for 4 hrs today so their Mum and Dad could go X country skiing. Needless to say the 3 of us are just vegging out now after a quick dinner. The 4 boys kept us hopping and more power to their Mum and Dad-I think if I got 4 hrs off from 2, 4 year olds and 2, 2 month olds I would definitely need a nap! Good thing the parents are 20 years younger than me!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I am sure the parents are well rested - very kind of you and your family giving them some adult time ALONE.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Zinc cream for hands when they dry out-I read online that it was the suggested treatment for healthcare staff if they kept up the handwashing routine between patients and their skin was drying out (according to poster who learned the tip during training, I guess many years ago). Is this the same cream that is used for babies' bottoms after diaper changes?

What to do with roasted seaweed sheets (my bag of the product has been neglected for a few weeks? Tear up a sheet into bits and add to pot of long grain rice cooking on stove. Some grindings of sea salt and I have this really fishy scented rice (the seaweed shrivels up similarly like spinach in a frying pan). Add some sodium-reduced Kikkoman soy sauce on my serving and I have something to eat. Yum! Bonus is that the rice takes on some tint due to the seaweed.

Someone or a group has that winning Lotto 6-49 ticket from yesterday's draw. Hope it's a group win. There's no prize for matching a bonus number (my free play ticket's outcome)>here, paper shredder!

It was good to open a couple of windows this morning to let some fresh air in. No major ponds have formed on the ground due to melting snow.
    @SassyAshley -Angela's idea of packing healthy snacks sounds easy for the road trip. Meals you can get for lunch/dinner; maybe your granola will be good to have with you for breakfast as well (familiar foods, familiar routine). That stash of cake & craft stuff sounds like Kijiji ca$h if there's agreement to pare down the contents.
    @coupon girl , @MrsSunshine , & @Crochetlady - glad you were able to meet with family this weekend!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Andit - the bauble a day theme is catchy! When the revels are over, will your craft beckon you to play with the findings and to create? Sunshine is helpful in showing beads off with glimmer and light!

Today I noticed a letter online that was written by a grandfather for his grandchildren. He had a really generous nature if his suggested things for them to do in life was truly what he wanted for them.
    http://viraltonic.com/grandfathers-b...edium=referral
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

2 spots left if anyone else is interested - survivor season 30 pool

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/394265-...n-30-a-canada/
    Andit, Crochetlady and Ciel like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just went to my girlfriend's -had us over for tea and cookies -well beer for the hubby's
    -she gave me a gift for "ashlyn"s first birthday -even tho it was In oct-she said I may be late -wow she spent about 50.00 in H &M,carters on a nice bunch of size 2 clothing-nice for my son/wife
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information