User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: I hate Telemarketers! Especially when they call me a B*tch or did he call me a Beast?

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i've had this happen to me.. they called they argued with me i called them scammers and hung up and they decided to call back swear at me calling me a horrible person and this was their job and i was taking money away from their children... and i just hung up.. really if your job is to scam money out of other people.. it's not that great of a job
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

That stinks !

I registered as well, I thought I had,but wasn't sure.

BUT, I wouldn't answer the phone. If I don't know the number, on my caller id, I never answer. They can leave voice message if wanted. However. they rarely do. But, I don't like talking on the phone, so I tend not to answer anyway. My mom always answers but then will just leave it down and not talk .

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am going to go by what some of you have said, I am not going to answer the phone during the dinner hour. If it is someone important they can leave a message. I was just shocked by the whole thing. I don't get upset easily (I am sure my DH will argue that lol) but, I have just never had anyone do that before. There was one time (Before me and my husband got married) that someone was prank calling my parents house all night (yes i lived with my parents until I was 27 and got married, Portuguese way lol) and i could tell they were just a bunch of kids playing jokes and trying to be funny (heard them laughing a bit in the background) I just unplugged the phones and the problem was solved. But, these people need to understand, except not so nice people to hang up the phone on you when you call, your bugging us, what do you think we are going to do! But, in this case it was not my fault lol.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i've had this happen to me.. they called they argued with me i called them scammers and hung up and they decided to call back swear at me calling me a horrible person and this was their job and i was taking money away from their children... and i just hung up.. really if your job is to scam money out of other people.. it's not that great of a job
    don't even give them a chance to argue with you
    as soon as you realize it's a telemarketer, just hang up
    they don't deserve to hear you speak
    they are invading your privacy
    and you did not ask them to call
    just do this-->*click*

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think pretty much everyone has dealt with this at some point. Yes, most of the time it is someone calling from an office in India. I sometimes google the numbers and always find hundreds of complaints. It's usually duct cleaning but recently it's been "ma'am there is a problem with your computer and we need access to it". I always tell them "I don't have a computer" lol they hang up fast after I say that because they know I'm on to their scam. I have caller ID so now I just don't pick up the phone if I know it's the "duct cleaners". I let my answering machine get it, but of course they never leave a message. Instead they call back using a "blocked number" a few minutes later. Took a while for me to figure this out but now I know.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yep some of these calls are scams. there is a current scam impersonating westjet. I received a call today saying I had been selected to receive $999 from westjet towards a package or future airfare. had taken a flight with westjet recently so made me pause but don't press 1 as they just want to get your personal info & cc info. not nice.
    Ciel and saveadollardiva like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

When I lived in Ontario I swear we would get blocked, or 1-800 or even a few times 000-000-0000 numbers - we would google the number see what it was and then block it. the worst part is the duct cleaning, Microsoft spoof and a few others use call spoofing so they use different numbers and they call from outside North America - so even if you are on a do not call list - it means nothing.
    Long long ago I use to work for a telemarketing place in Ottawa - if someone was nasty to us and screamed do not call list - we would call them back at 849pm or 801am. Its better to just hang up and don't say a word or google the number and invest in phone with block.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    yep some of these calls are scams. there is a current scam impersonating westjet. I received a call today saying I had been selected to receive $999 from westjet towards a package or future airfare. had taken a flight with westjet recently so made me pause but don't press 1 as they just want to get your personal info & cc info. not nice.
    I might have thought that was one of the couple contests WestJet has had recently offering $$$ towards future flights.

I refuse to enter contests run by Transcontinental Media as I stopped getting robo calls since changing my number and not giving it to them again.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)

Telemarketers make about $3 above minimum wage in your province, so they are that is the motivation for being in their line of work.

They are trained to overcome your objections with rebuttals. Being push does not come naturally to them.

There is however no excuse for verbal abuse
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I remember once the person called and said I won a million dollar lottery and they needed my banking info. I straight forward told him to please drop a Mercede full of diamonds outside my home since they would know my home right?

I think I really crept him out and never got any call from him again. ever!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I always say I am the maid or the nanny....or if it is a French speaker, I say in a heavy ethnic accent ( I am Greek ) that I don't speak English .... They hang up fast and don't call back.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I leave my answering machine on 24/7 and most messages are junk or wrong number. I've thought about getting rid of the phone completely but contests and companies require a phone number. If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't have one.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

one sign that is as telemarketer call is that there is a few seconds delay before they say hello
    especially if they are using an international service for their telemarketing
    then you can hang up before they speak
    if the call is legitimate, the person will call again
    princessjen, Ciel, toban and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

People actually pick up phone calls from people they don't know?

If I'm having supper or otherwise occupied, I don't bother even looking, that's what voicemail is for. If I'm not othewise occupied, I'll look, but if i don't recognize the caller or it's 'unknown name unknown number,' they can talk to my voicemail.
    Ciel, GeorgiaK and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    People actually pick up phone calls from people they don't know?

If I'm having supper or otherwise occupied, I don't bother even looking, that's what voicemail is for. If I'm not othewise occupied, I'll look, but if i don't recognize the caller or it's 'unknown name unknown number,' they can talk to my voicemail.
    we don't have call display
    the phone company wants an extra fee for this
    princessjen and Ciel like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information