User Tag List

Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Thanks for listening. It's a special loss for me that not many outside of few teachers with whom I work with will understand and sharing with you helps. I am also an introvert so I don't necessarily want to talk, but the quiet reflection time is good.
    I'm so sorry to hear the news. I like the idea of an art piece, something cheerful and colourful to reflect all the different facets of her personality and so people will remember her with a smile. I can't imagine what the family members are going through. Hopefully, seeing how the student is celebrated will lift their spirits too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Please don't hold your breath - I forgot to charge the camera battery & it's going to take a bit longer than planned (yes, I'm an idiot). I'll try to post them in between meetings today with my friend's tablet (bring the pieces with me to take photos, maybe bribe a politician or 2 ). They'll be posted no later than Monday, I promise.
    Monday? Okay, I'll hang in there. No pressure.

I have a frugal question to those city dwellers with organic compost bins.

What do you use to line the large wheeled organic waste bins that go to the curb?

Our Costco stopped stocking the big bags that fit the bins and the Glad bags I've been seeing are $6 - 7 for only 10 bags. DH used to send out the bin half full but now even he's holding off conserving the last few bags we have. Hopefully, this teaches him something about tossing out full bags with the tiniest amount in them. In summer, I can see how organics deteriorate quickly. Right now, our organics are in the garage where they freeze quickly in these temperatures.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! TGIF! This has been a long week! Spent 3 hours at my son's friends house last night while he enjoyed the backyard rink. Was going to do running around but his mother insisted I hang out there. They are really nice people so I didn't mind other then I was looking forward to getting stuff done at home. Oh well at least DS had fun.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I was woken this morning at 6:30 am by the phone. I won a radio contest I entered this week Pizza GC's, Yipppee! Will pick up my prize next week hopefully then plan when to treat the kids.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

There will be grief counsellors available for staff or students who wish to access...at any time...now or later. I saw a counsellor in university for a short while, related to anxiety. I am now aware of the signs and signals I have when I need to talk to someone. I hope I don't have to, but wouldn't hesitate if I was having trouble. Thanks for your concern!

FBM congrats on the win!!! Pizza sounds good...
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh awesome win.. pizza.. theres a local restaurant/pub here that serves pizza with a homemade ranch sauce instead of tomato.. mouth watering!

well i forgot it was tgif. nice surprise. and pd. bonus!
    so off this morning to run a few important errands.
    then a pickup hopefully this afternoon $! yay!
    not much planned for the weekend yet.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Granger I am so sorry the loss of your student, I like your idea of the locker memorial, it is so important for the students to have a way to share and grieve.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I had a busy day yesterday, was off to Calgary for allergy testing, found out I am allergic to most grasses and Guinea pigs. Didn't even know guinea pig allergies were a thing!Funny I bought one for my granddaughter for her birthday and I have guinea pig sat a few times and no problems. Mind you i just fed and watered and didn't have the desire to take it out and play with it!!!
    anyway I have to go back next week for the penicillin allergy testing, crossing my fingers I am not.
    I had taken my drapes down on the weekend to wash them and touch up some paint around the curtain rods so I ironed all the pleats back in them last night, it was a long two hours of ironing but they look new and crisp again. Made a trip to return our recycling on Monday and got 80.00 so that covered our groceries for the week.
    Busy weekend here, I work on Saturday, and have to get my passport picture done and pay vehicle registration, so it will be a pricey weekend too!!
    Nice win withe pizza FBM!!Enjoy!
    Sweet Sparrow, I hope your daycare situation improves, it is so costly and it is a huge leap to find someone you love and know they care for your child's well being.Has it been a year already since she was born? I can't believe you are back to work already, time flies.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks! Back in the day I won monthly since I commuted and back then I could drive and use cell as it wasn't against the law. I would mark down my wins so I knew I could win again in 30 days. It really helped our budget! But now I live 2 mins from work and don't really listen to radio much. This may give me the incentive to start listening and trying again

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Not a bad weekend ahead of us. Dinner planned at home. Youngest is going to Y for youth night. Hockey both days around the dinner hour but both at our rink so no out of town traveling! So nice. Hope to get stuff done around the house, prep some meals for the week, shop a bit and hopefully enjoy a movie tomorrow night.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I have a frugal question to those city dwellers with organic compost bins.

What do you use to line the large wheeled organic waste bins that go to the curb?

Our Costco stopped stocking the big bags that fit the bins and the Glad bags I've been seeing are $6 - 7 for only 10 bags. DH used to send out the bin half full but now even he's holding off conserving the last few bags we have. Hopefully, this teaches him something about tossing out full bags with the tiniest amount in them. In summer, I can see how organics deteriorate quickly. Right now, our organics are in the garage where they freeze quickly in these temperatures.
    Back when we lived in Cambridge we were one of the first neighbourhoods to get green bins. We found that if you layer with newspaper you don't need the paper bags. As for summertime we were told we should freeze food scraps and then add to bin on collection day to prevent smells, pests etc... We never tried it, we just put our bin the backyard instead of garage and put a cinder block on top to prevent raccoons from knocking it over.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

FBM congrats on your gc win, don't sell it (lol)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

thriftygranny not too shabby (Smile) with your recycling $, free food..yippee

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S. great job posting and selling your items

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So met someone in town for some masks dh wanted to sell $25.00 to renovation fund, the other lady cancelled before I left as her child was sick and the other never responded (sometimes it's just so frustrating) but for the most part it's awesomer.

I have a lady coming to look at another item this afternoon, hopefully she takes it and it's gone.

Popped into independent grocers while we picked Jaden up from his science exam, the have boneless pork chops $1.88lbs (really nice looking) grabbed 4 packs, then grabbed boneless roasts also $1.88lbs (took 6, I will cook 1 tomorrow) and may pick up more next week. And the roast were a nice size approx. $4.00 each (cheap supper) with the potential for 1 leftover meal.

Meeting someone tomorrow am outside SDM for another sale, dh & I will be at SDM for 8am when they open to ensure I get the items on my list, if you go to our store past 9am on a 20x event the shelves are cleared (shrug).

Well wishing everyone a great afternoon and evening.
    @amira hope you found a few things to pass the time when dh is sleeping or things to do as a family, however, sometimes we just need to decompress while off on vacation

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Jasperandchar- You know me too well! But pizza is a keeper with my boys!!

Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread Information