User Tag List

Page 295 of 1582 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 345 395 795 1295 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 23727
Like Tree139395Likes

Thread: WHAT is YOUR best deal this week?????

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    They make you pay the deposit though right?
    No we don't pay deposit for coke cans here. (I hope I'm understanding your question)
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, ticul and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    No we don't pay deposit for coke cans here. (I hope I'm understanding your question)
    Yes, I think you do. Here in NS, you pay .10 per can/bottle/juice box/etc. (every drinkable fluid except milk). You return the cans and get .05 back. Kind of a tax. When I've gotten a SCOP on a beverage like this, they still charge the deposit.
    ROMEO, sdddmd, ticul and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

FREE VIVA towel paper at Coop Saskatoon... if you have their app; its today only and one per person.
    ROMEO, tinambulance, ticul and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    FREE VIVA towel paper at Coop Saskatoon... if you have their app; its today only and one per person.
    Oh wow thank you, just checked my app and we have it in Alberta too!!
    ROMEO, ticul, Arvilish and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck FreeIsMyFavourite's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Yes, I think you do. Here in NS, you pay .10 per can/bottle/juice box/etc. (every drinkable fluid except milk). You return the cans and get .05 back. Kind of a tax. When I've gotten a SCOP on a beverage like this, they still charge the deposit.
    We don't pay deposits on that stuff in Ontario. I guess it differs province to province.
    ROMEO, ticul and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FreeIsMyFavourite View Post
    We don't pay deposits on that stuff in Ontario. I guess it differs province to province.
    Yes it does, I remember going to BC a few years ago and was shocked they didn't recycle,I think they do now though, wasn't aware Ontario didn't either.We pay .10 a can .25 for anything over a liter including milk, juice boxes are .05 but we save ours and bring to the depot, bottle drives for sports teams and other fundraisers are huge here. Our soccer club (17 teams)did a city wide bottle drive a few years ago and made $11,000.00 over 2 days.
    ROMEO, ticul, joandstef and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    219 (100%)

Zehrs tonight pink sticker secret deodorant 2.24-50%x4-2 $1wub2-checkout 51 $2.50=+.02 for all four

Covergirl mascara $6.44-50%-$1 p&g -$1 checkout 51=$1.22

uncle bens tubs 3x$5.99-3x$1=$14.97 + 3000 PC points in store + 3200 PC points offer + the awesome coupons inside

Junior Canuck FreeIsMyFavourite's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Yes it does, I remember going to BC a few years ago and was shocked they didn't recycle,I think they do now though, wasn't aware Ontario didn't either.We pay .10 a can .25 for anything over a liter including milk, juice boxes are .05 but we save ours and bring to the depot, bottle drives for sports teams and other fundraisers are huge here. Our soccer club (17 teams)did a city wide bottle drive a few years ago and made $11,000.00 over 2 days.
    We recycle, our recycling gets collected with our garbage. We have blue bins we put out on garbage day. Actually our garbage gets collected every two weeks but our recycling gets collected every week along with compost... Well at least in the Durham Region

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FreeIsMyFavourite View Post
    We recycle, our recycling gets collected with our garbage. We have blue bins we put out on garbage day. Actually our garbage gets collected every two weeks but our recycling gets collected every week along with compost... Well at least in the Durham Region
    Oh i see you don't pay deposits but the cans are still recycled, I like that better than have to pay .60 extra on each case of coke I buy and save them and bring them into the depot to get my money back!
    ROMEO, ticul, Anna Michele and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I had no idea this differed from province to province. I have lived in BC all my life and do not remember a time that we didn't recycle and I was born in the 70's.

I had to Google it as its been a way of life for me...(and my candy budget as a 4-12 yo! LOL)

"British Columbia's beverage container recovery system, enacted in 1970, is the oldest legislated deposit-return system in North America. On October 1, 1998, BC's Beverage Container Stewardship Program Regulation (now known as Recycling Regulation,4 see especially Schedule 1) went into effect to address changes in beverage container packaging, particularly the growth of 'new age' beverages. "

http://www.bottlebill.org/legislatio...shcolumbia.htm
    Last edited by vw_girl; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 02:27 AM.
    ROMEO, redhdlois, ticul and 2 others like this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yahoo! Free 3 roll Viva paper towel at Coop with the Coop app. Friday only. Didn't even have to pay the taxes!!
    ROMEO, ticul and FreeIsMyFavourite like this.
    SMILE - and make the world a better place

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Picked up some clearance items at Staples after work... All items had an additional 25% off

2 X Hilroy note books, 47 cents
    500 piece puzzle , $1.97
    Frozen poster for DD, $4.97
    Xmas gift tags stickers, 47 cents
    Student work book for grade 1-2, $8.97 (originally $16.XX)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Large Eggs for $1.49 a dozen using $1.00 off coupon when you buy two( they were on sale at SDM today). This is cheap for here, and eggs are such a cheap, healthy, unprocessed fast food for any meal and great for baking.I stock up on what I can use by the expirty date and hope for a sale when I run low which usually works out.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    I had no idea this differed from province to province. I have lived in BC all my life and do not remember a time that we didn't recycle and I was born in the 70's.

I had to Google it as its been a way of life for me...(and my candy budget as a 4-12 yo! LOL)

"British Columbia's beverage container recovery system, enacted in 1970, is the oldest legislated deposit-return system in North America. On October 1, 1998, BC's Beverage Container Stewardship Program Regulation (now known as Recycling Regulation,4 see especially Schedule 1) went into effect to address changes in beverage container packaging, particularly the growth of 'new age' beverages. "

http://www.bottlebill.org/legislatio...shcolumbia.htm
    Interesting, I must have been mistaken from my visit to BC a few years ago, I was picking up bottles after a soccer game and was looking for a recycle bin and was told they didn't use them..maybe i was tricked and they wanted the cash!!
    I so remember my candy being funded through empties as well, and I was in Ontario as a little girl they must have changed the deposits since I was little!!
    ticul likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

There is no deposit in ON. No refund when you return. You just leave it in your recycle bin and the city takes it away
    ticul and toronto166 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Thread Information