User Tag List

Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1061
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Happy birthday, Ciel!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I wish we could have staved off the girls for a bit longer! I think it depends on your child, and who the girl is. This one is very involved in sports and works after school as well, with a mother that has laid out a lot of ground rules.They are both really busy kids and both serious about school and post secondary so they only see each other a couple times a week and it is usually at our home for a movie or her house if her mom is home.
    I told my daughter she could not date until 17. I said that when she was little. I never realized how fast 17 would come, lol!! She is seventeen in April. Is it too late to change the rule?
    Last edited by cdngal75; Fri, Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:39 AM. Reason: spelling

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    I told my daughter she could not date until 17. I said that when she was little. I never realized how fast 17 would come, lol!! She is seventeen in April. Is it too late to change the rule?
    Only if she remembers you said that.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    RE: selling online. I do better on Facebook pages (local mom swap, local Facejiji) I don't do Facebook myself either but my friend set up a selling page for me I do not wait for anyone. I tell people when I'm available for the big/more $ stuff and for the cheap crap I ask when they can come and then tell them I will leave on my porch and they can leave the money I do this all the time and haven't been let down yet And have a pick up today on the porch for $18 (usually I wouldn't trust for that much money but she is a swap Admin so I'm sure she won't rip me off lol) And if she does then I guess she needed it that bad. But so far so good And I'm not a fan of meeting people or delivering. Tried It a few times and one house had dogs tied up at the front. The other no answer. So won't again.

Reminds me of when I sold my car on kijiji. Two biker type guys from Mississauga drove here and then wouldn't get out of the car because my Boxers were outside....behind a fence!! My husband had to coax them out of the car . Then my husband told them that the smallest was just a puppy!!! ha, ha, ha. Little did they know that my dogs would have just licked them to death.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Only if she remembers you said that.
    Oh she does! lol!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I know he is my last of four, and it is still nerve racking, for some reason I find myself worrying more with him,even though he is a great kid. I worry about him being responsible driving with her and getting her home on time etc! somehow I don't think you are going to get away with changing the rule!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Fri, Jan 30th, 2015 at 12:18 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Lizzie you will have your work cut out for you in Disney, but I"m sure it will be a fun and memorable trip for sure!!
    I worked every day this week, one of the girls fell at the bakery and has a concussion so I will be filling in for a week. Wasn't my game plan but will just tuck the extra money away! My house work is very behind but will catch up tomorrow!
    Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    TGIF! Had $6 waiting for me when I got home yesterday from 2 sales I left on porch And another $5 today for my sister. Can't wait till this work day is over but it is a much better day then it has been. Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Your neighbours will be wondering what is going on at your place, all these cars pulling up grabbing stuff off the doorstep and driving away .
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Your neighbours will be wondering what is going on at your place, all these cars pulling up grabbing stuff off the doorstep and driving away .

omg i was thinking the same thing about us the other day... people walking up to the door, exchange or product and money, gone in less than a minute... ya thats not strange..
    no one said anything yet..

well we weren't snowed in, just got a nice fresh dusting of snow.. although the outskirts of town did have to close a few things due to blowin snow.

so question.. when does your license plate sticker actually expire, day OF your birthday. or the END of the month of your birthday?
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    so question.. when does your license plate sticker actually expire, day OF your birthday. or the END of the month of your birthday?
    Good question. We've always done it a few months before the date so we've never needed to know.

From the website: https://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-r...ticker-renewal

"You can renew a licence plate sticker online from 180 days before the expiry date until 11:59 p.m. on the day the sticker expires. After a sticker expires, you need to renew it in-person at a ServiceOntario centre."

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

but it doesn't state when the 'expiry date' is on the plate, it only states the month/year.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

My b-day is the 1st and I always get my plate sticker the month before "just in case". I wouldn't want to be fined for having an expired plate lol. My friend forgot to renew hers for a few months until I pointed it out to her. She was driving around town like that and nothing happened but I'm not very lucky lol.
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Fri, Jan 30th, 2015 at 02:20 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I believe the plate is good for the whole month but don't quote me (lol)
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

It's time to vote...

Voting will close on Sunday at approx. 252pm (lol @lizzie )

IF I missed your name please pm me and I will see if I can amend the voting.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/399101-...voting-canada/
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

In Alberta we renew our registration by Months. my last name starts with A so it is due by the last day of January because everyone with the last name initials starting with A are assigned January.It was be too easy if this was province wide I guess!

Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

Thread Information