User Tag List

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: disability tax credit questions

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have been receiving disability tax credit for my twin son for years, but every few years evaluation are done, but my sons pediatrican doctor retired and I don't have a new doctor for him. I went to one of my sons doctors annual appointment and asked him (doctor) if he can fill up the papers and said he can't cuz he did not fill them up the first time. Does this mean he won't be entitled to his DTC anymore? Feeling discouraged. Where my son did his physiotherapy/ergo therapy and speech therapy is no longer being seen by anyone because he was starting school at the time and was doing therapy in school, but no longer needs therapy in school because he got better, but is still in a specialized school. What else can I do? Can anybody help me? Need the papers to be filled out by the time I do my income tax this year.
    ROMEO and disabilityHELPER like this.
    Cause I'm a princess thats why!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Spoke to the secretary of my sons neurosurgeon and said the doctor can't do it cuz he is no longer being followed by him. Is she right for saying this? Sorry for the long post.
    ROMEO and disabilityHELPER like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dimaa View Post
    Spoke to the secretary of my sons neurosurgeon and said the doctor can't do it cuz he is no longer being followed by him. Is she right for saying this? Sorry for the long post.
    I could be wrong but without the doctors sign off I believe he would no longer be eligible for the DTC. Have you considered getting a second opinion?
    ROMEO likes this.
    http://www.ourbigfatwallet.com - Saving, Investing & Frugal Living

Free Groceries! Use the referral code CRCAL-WESJAD at Spud.ca to get $20 off your first grocery order of $50 or more (a 40% savings)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have asked other doctors he is being followed and said no.
    Can I speak to someone at my sons school?
    ROMEO likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

how old is your son dimaa?
    ROMEO likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

9 years old
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello,

I recently applied for the child disability for my 11 years old son with severe adhd and odd.

My Dr received this questionnaire and I want to share the questions here:

Can your patient perform his daily living skills at a level expected for. Child of the same age ( e.g,. Personal hygiene, follow simple instructions) ?

Can your patient express his basic needs and respond to social interactions appropriately as compare to a child of the same age ?

Does your patient have a severe developmental delay that affect his daily functioning ?

Can your patient make age-appropriate decisions and judgements in day to day situations (e.g., playground and home safety , crossing the streets safety )?

Does your patient have basic impulse control as would be expected for a child of the same age ?

Does your patient require one on one support to function at home and at school?

Does your. Patient have. Severe memory impairment ( unable to remember basic personal information such as his street address or telephone , impaired concept of time )?

Can your patient adapt to minor changes in his environment or daily routine ?
    In each question said provide details, examples.

I hope this help.
    Last edited by mariana84; Wed, Jan 28th, 2015 at 08:28 PM.
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Dr answer yes to almost all

She answer not to:

have a severe development delay and severe memory impairment.

My son has adhd and odd but he also has suicidal thoughts ( is incredible hard ) that affect him outside at home and at school, they are named intrusive thoughts. And they scare him every time they cross his mind he start to panic.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I reapplied and sent the paperwork in Dec 9. January 23, DD's pediatrician received the questionnaire, filled it in, and returned it. Today I see online that she is eligible back to 2005! I can't wait to get her RDSP started up! She's going to need it.
    Sbabytears likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First post all though I have been reading a lot. My son ADHD, ODD, SPD, GAD, PTSD. Dr filled out both forms & he was still denied. His days everyday is spent battling these mental health issues but the gov of Canada doesn't seem to want to recognize them as a true disability. He is also on 3 psychiatric meds. I will file an appeal but just so sad & frustrated for my guy.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

im so sorry to read this , did you saw what the Dr wrote on the questionnaire ?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes both forms a copy was sent to me. She was very clear both times & on the 2nd questionare she answered yes to all questions. Even the fellow on the phone today said after I read him what the Dr wrote "wow thats pretty clear". He suggested I write a hand written letter describing in full detail the daily "meltdowns " I have done a letter stating how each one of his disabilities affects his daily life. I will also include a letter from therapist & med list from pharmacy. I will also photocopy & send both previous forms filled out by Dr.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do you have a email I can write you !? I have a few questions

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mariana84 View Post
    Do you have a email I can write you !? I have a few questions
    lol it won't let me post my email address as I have only have 2 posts.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will send you a personal message

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information