User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: What do most of you redeem your $170 worth of points on one transaction?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I am jealous of the produce there! The ones near me just have the usual food stuff, freezers with boxed meat etc but nothing fresh except the dairy/bacon type stuff
    amira84 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    I think I need to start saving up my points. I always get excited when I hit the $10.00 mark and usually redeem it for $10.00 off a box of diapers. I don't shop at shoppers all that often. I am now almost at $30.00 soo I think if I can I will keep saving up, would love to do a redemption around Christmas
    Make sure you check your personalized coupons. Unlike PC Plus, I do usually get them for stuff I use. Last time I spent $87 inc taxes on a 20x day and $55 back in points (on a bonus redemption day) using only 1x $3 manu coupon and most of my personalized coupons. If you match 20x products (that you will actually use) it doesn't take long to save up those points.
    Silk, csaund21 and amira84 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tictacoh View Post
    You know what stresses me out out max redemptions? Not the actual spending but the logistics of the teeny tiny shopping carts!

Attachment 272802

I usually begin by redeeming for 4 x toilet paper, 4 x milk, and 4 x eggs. That pretty much fills up one cart. I try and park it near the electronics section, flag an employee to let them know it's mine, and hope another employee doesn't re-shelve the products while I'm busy filling up another cart.

Then checking out is another ordeal. Stores are extra busy on bonus redemption days but yet the number of cashiers remain the same. So here I am with two shopping carts, putting items on the counter for the cashier to scan then.... where do I put items? Back in the same cart with items still need to be paid? I bring my own recyclable bags but does the cashier help me pack them? Of course not. I've actually had one cashier tell me to "Hurry up". Biting my tongue, I sweetly replied, "Unless I can suddenly grow some extra arms, this is as fast as I can go".

I know the obvious solution is to bring someone with me to help. I've tried, but the experience isn't much better. I need to be alone so can stay organized with my list, running total, coupons, etc.

One thing that has changed is what I fill my second cart with. Even though the prices are grossly inflated, I am so happy with the expanded grocery sections in some stores. I can get steaks, pork chops, chicken, sushi, exotic cheeses, fresh berries, etc.

Attachment 272803

Attachment 272804
    That is so awesome! Their teeny carts are the worst! But I do always have very helpful cashiers when packing groceries. Wish we had meat and produce. That would be great!
    ottawacouponlady likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-great thread
    -the first year I did redemption I got high end cologne for hubby and I-as I never buy it regular price
    -then the next year I bought a blood pressure machine for me -90.00 for free-now I don't have to check it in stores all he time -then this year bought a nikon camera for129.99 plus xmas chocolates and a high end concealor smashbox for me 23.00-plus bread mllk,coffee-i used a 210.00 redemption -was easy for me to spend -everything i got was on sale except the concealor
    LisaLisaBoBisa, uanoor and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

blood pressure is great idea, thinking about a gift for my mom. Any idea how much it will be?
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

We have one like that nearby, I like that I can pick up fresh cheeses, sausage and stuff at Christmas time. I usually hold onto my points until Christmas, and pick up things like stocking stuffers, lots of toilet paper and paper towels, cleaning supplies, and then things for guests, like boxes of chocolate, etc.
    amira84 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I save most of my points for Christmas time and redeem mostly for video games and other electronics. I redeemed for the Canon Rebel last summer and really like it....although I am not a serious photographer. Other than electronics....food and gifts are where my points go. Every redemption is different...just depends on what I need 
    Last edited by nash0109; Wed, Feb 4th, 2015 at 09:26 PM.
    Anna Michele and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    361 (100%)

@uanoor I bought one for myself about a year or so ago for $60 + tax .. lol still working . I believe it was their brand too.
    Quote Originally Posted by uanoor View Post
    blood pressure is great idea, thinking about a gift for my mom. Any idea how much it will be?
    uanoor and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

@tictacoh is that price on bananas for organic or regular?
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    @tictacoh is that price on bananas for organic or regular?
    I didn't even notice til you pointed it out
    But they wouldn't be able to weigh it so i guess the bundles are set at $2.49 even if its 3lbs its quite pricey but thats the price you pay for convenience
    momof3heathens likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thats the price for regular bananas at shoppers. My local shoppers sells them along with some other produce.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ended up getting the camera at $299. I used a emailed 20X the points on the difference (which should be 25800 points) and got a $20 gas card too. That works well for me.

I also redeemed $85 of groceries in another trip to a larger store. Prices were surprisingly reasonable on cookies, cereal, almond milk, juice, etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information