User Tag List

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Natalka sounds like you guys are having a rough time, hope the worst is over with the tummy bug.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    All went well with the social worker.
    That's wonderful news!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    We have been going through the same thing with my FIL. He had a quadruple bypass surgery at the end of October. 2 weeks before Christmas he was back in the hospital as all 4 new arteries were blocked again They did a second procedure this time an angioplasty and inserted a stent into the main new artery. He was out of the hospital and home for Christmas before going back to the hospital early Boxing Day morning because of severe angina. They kept him for observation and more tests, adjusted his meds and sent him home. Then last week he went back to the hospital again because of severe angina. He stayed at the hospital all last week but he's home for now but may have to go back if they decide to do a second angioplasty and stent. This Thursday is his 65th birthday so we are planning on going to visit them on the long wknd (they live 1.5 hours away).
    I hope your FIL improves and surprised at how common it is. MIL went through this all a few years ago after a massive stroke, followed by another. Two operations later, you couldn't even tell she had a stroke. The only noticeable thing was that she stopped smoking because she "forgot" that she ever did, and of course the surgical scar. Going through it was horrible, thinking it was her last few days on earth, but it all turned out well. I hope and pray things turn out just as well for you, bobbiegirl2010 and jasperandchar.

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Sure, sure, make fun of me. I will give it a shot when I recover from the trauma. Care to share any secret family recipes???

For the knitters out there, I came across an interesting calendar specifically for those who admire, ahem, creations. Yes, it's the knitted products I was looking at.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mallorymcinn...arn#.xwDjYWgKK
    Secret recipes? I've never tried, but will have to attempt it to see if LO likes it. My SIL is the master of tapioca pudding and she will be away until next month to visit her family. I'll have to ask her at Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I was hit yesterday with a tummybug - which my husband had Sunday.
    I sure didn't need that after just having recovered from the flu.
    Hoping it doesn't rear its head again today....
    Not another illness! Get well soon!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Someone is coming to pick up my old washer today! Yeah! out of my garage! Picked up free Oasis and 2 free loaves of wonder bread at lunch. And filled up my gas tank. So paid my credit card off now (I use it for Everything for the points). I think I'm done shopping for the week and payday is Friday which means a new budget period. Happy to report that I'm carrying over$206.80 for Gas! $146.36 for Groceries and $83.39 for Misc. And have a credit of $18.95 on my on M/C and about $60 credit on the other Hope to do even better the next 2 weeks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Nice work on your carry over FBM, I have been doing the same since the first of the year, I take my budget out in cash every two weeks and put the carry over in a slush fund for something..not sure what yet!! I really should get a PC Mastercard for the points, something to look into on the weekend! I am shocked at how much less I am spending since dealing with cash only though so it may defeat my purpose!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Tue, Feb 10th, 2015 at 02:29 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I would love to do the just cash thing too but I like the Credit card for points. And I'm still pretty frugal and stick to my budget/look for the best price . (and money is so dirty lol)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Using points etc really supplements my budget. I am trying to not spend much right now and use up stuff at home and then just shop really smart.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Ok you sold me!! I love my shoppers points and they save me a ton of money and I think I made about $500 last year just with the regular PC card, I guess more would be better!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

afternoon ladies. long day. up early and been doing bits here and there.
    still working on it. g/r day tomorrow so as we missed a week theres lots to hit the curb.

loving the sunshine.
    still working on my sons project. would love to have it done by the weekend.
    i had an offer on the dress/blanket i posted a while back.... $10? really.
    dh says i should take it.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We had a $200 cheque arrive that I had totally forgot about. It was the submission of DH’s December health care claims to my insurance provider. On to the LOC it goes since I had already paid the bill. I was really hoping my Vector FPCs would arrive since I have 800 PC points for Vector this week. I did get two FPCs for Special K and 2 FPC for berries. Planning to buy the 2 pound berries this weekend. Hopefully I get a points offer for that.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I switched from cash envelopes to pc mc 2 or 3 years ago and love it Especially since I can earn pc plus points at No Frills I've been racking up points like crazy Like FBM, I have a strict budget that I stick to. I track all my spending on an excel spreadsheet to make sure we don't go over. Works for us. Also since I purchase everything with our credit cards or cash I reduced our chq'ing acct to the minimum fee (we maybe have 10 bills that come out per month and never use debit). I have one daycare parent who pays cash which is enough for our misc spending so I never have to withdrawal cash either. I know I could get a free account from pc financial but I like having the option of going to a teller if I need a draft or currency exchange and I like having access to more bank machines (as I have chq's to cash all the time). Plus whenever we have a minimum balance of $1000 our fees are waived anyways.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well son asked me to do him a favour and watch "ashlyn" at my house for an hour -he had an apt-well got her at `10.00 and he got here at 1.30-well my house is not baby proof-no gate on the upstairs-uggghh -no playpen its at her mom's(baby's other grandma) -so it was hard when she was tired and cranky for sleep-I would have rather gone to his house

then popped over to shoppers got a scop on softsoap =3.38 in my pocket and 3 free boxes of musilex cereal on a clearance for 3.00 manager sticker on them and they rang up 2.97-so that made my day

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Wow quiet on here today, we can always count on Fruga bigmama to keep us in the loop!!Pretty quiet here , had my cardio clinic at the hospital and I really enjoy it,It is like I get a personal trainer for 12 weeks, she has me motoring on the treadmill and bike and Wednesday will throw some weight training in. It is funny I am a very young 55 and I am in a class with mostly frail old men that have had heart issues and a few are kind of flirty...so cute.
    Trying to do a no spend for the rest of the month, basic groceries only just so I can finish getting my pantry and freezer cleaned up.If anyone on here ever wants to do a no spend challenge sometime I would be interested.
    I can't spend anymore on food this month (lol) but i will need milk other than than I embark on your challenge, I'll just throw away the flyers and I'll be none the wiser....
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

bobbiegirl hope your fil feels like him old self soon (hugs)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl I can only imagine how difficult/challenging it would be to watch a toddler with your gates, etc....bless you sweet heart

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So I'm heading home tomorrow afternoon, I miss my family , my house and my dogs

My mom will still be in the hospital but we don't know when she will be released but I told her i would come back for a few days when she gets out BUT i have my surgery on the 19th and will be out of commission for 2 weeks so i won't be able to come back after my surgery for atleast 2 weeks.

Anyways my plans for the rest of the month are too stay out of the groceries as I did a huge meat stock up last week (steak, chicken breast, sausages, etc) plus we have tons of moose meat sot that means tons of chili for lunches for dh & I.

Does anyone know if you can check your pc mastercard online but still get a paperstatement or is it 1 or the other. i would really like online access as I call to check my balance and do online transfers but I really want a paper statement (kinda of old fashioned with credit card statements).

Natalka I hope you feel better soon hun, take it easy and stay put, don't over do yourself until you are feeling much better.

Thriftygranny glad you are enjoying your rehab/exercise classes

S. if I may say since your started crocheting you sound very positive and upbeat, your new hobby is very much agreeing with you.

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information