User Tag List

Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    My plan is to just buy milk and fruit and veggies for the rest of the month will post my spending at the end of each week!!
    Wow a two week recovery for gallbladder surgery? I thought they did it laporascopic now and the recovery was a shorter length.I can't remember how long my husband was down for it was quite afew years ago. Good luck, I hope you mom is holding in there too.
    They are doing it laporascopic but he said off work for 2 weeks (well i don't work) so I guess we'll see. I didn't expect it to be 2 weeks to be honest but I know my armpit surgery (fingers crossed it gets done) takes month to heal and recover, that is the 1 I am not looking forward to the most to be honest. Last time they gave me oxycotton and well after 3 days i stopped taking them....wow what a trip (lol).

I'll do the same milk and fruits/veggies but that's all. So we've made a pack you and me.

I'd really like to keep next months shopping to a minimum as well mostly meat sales and necessities.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Picked up our new car today( I guess it must be our anniversary gift to each other cachingcaching) as our anniversary is tomorrow. We have had a busy few days with company, car stuff etc so time to chill a bit as we approach the long weekend!
    congrats on your new car lizzie and happy anniversary tomorrow

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @coupon girl: Our home is not baby proof as well and we decided not to get baby gates despite having three sets of stairs. LO was a very late walker (not stable and running until 15-16 months) and our friends kept commenting "You have no baby gates? We didn't get them either." So far, she reaches for our hands when she wants to go down the stairs and climbs up two steps before I can get to her. I hear gates are supposed to come down after they reach 24 months (think I read it on the box) so we only have a few more months to go. DH and I grew up in four children households and we survived without baby gates somehow, so I'm going to hold off. Plus, all our stairs are split, so the most she could fall are about five steps (horrible still, but not as bad as a full flight!).

Amazing deals at SDM! If you have checkout51, you could get some Pampers wipes. They're currently $2.99 and you can get a $2 CO51 rebate, plus there's a printable for 2000 SDM points, so it's money back.

@bobbiegirl2010, enjoy the weekend with your family and I hope your FIL's condition is stable.

Have a great mini vacation, and yes, your girls will love the pool!

Happy anniversary and congratulations on the new car!

To those looking at credit cards, how does the WM card measure up to the PC card? The last time I checked, they offered 1.25% back to spend at WM, whereas PC offers 1%, unless you have enough income to qualify for the PC black card.
    WM mastercard used to be my card of choice ONLY because I did most of my shopping there, you only get 1.25% for items purchased at WM and 1% everywhere. My WM has really gone down hill in the last year and I avoid it as much as possible. And the downside for us what do you buy with the rewards because they can only be redeemed at WM. We used to use them for electronics and such but never for food or clothes so it's really no loss now that we are using the pc mastercard and I only have the regular 1 (grey) as our income is not that high to receive the higher earning points but that's okay.

I gave alot of thought on switching to be honest for about 6 months but then applied for pc mastercard online and you receive 50,000 points so $50.00 AND if you go to superstore etc you can get redeem your points for electronics with your mastercard points and gcs as well which is a much better fit for our family should we want to cash in on something other than food BUT like I said we have all the electronics we could need at the moments so I am concentrating on pc points for food and gcs for christmas.

Only you and your family can decide which reward cards or credit cards would give you the most bang for your dollar.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm going home this afternoon and I can't wait.

I've known my husband since 1991, we got married in 1995 and I guess because we grew up together so to speak AND our values and such are so different from my families. it's hard to believe we are related . (my parents and 2 brothers)....geez I'm guessing that's why I don't visit often as I can't take it.

The things my family say to strangers and what they believe are so hurtful towards others and honestly I can't take much more. They are not attacking me but everyone else and I mean everyone else that is not like them (you can imagine). I'm sad to say that there behaviours are absolutely disgusting to say the least.

my eldest brother is beyond frugal (yes I don't like the word cheap) but his picture I swear is in the dictionary. I'm not judging because everyone is entitled to spend their $ how they see fit but to not be willing to take your truck to visit your mother in the hospital is a little....fill in the blanks. And it's not that he doesn't have $ he has tons of cash but que sera sera, whatever will be will be but don't be proud that your a tight sonofab*tch (sorry folks) after 4 days I've had enough and I'm so ready to leave.

Wishing everyone a fabulous day.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Feb 11th, 2015 at 11:21 AM.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 8 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    They are doing it laporascopic but he said off work for 2 weeks (well i don't work) so I guess we'll see. I didn't expect it to be 2 weeks to be honest but I know my armpit surgery (fingers crossed it gets done) takes month to heal and recover, that is the 1 I am not looking forward to the most to be honest. Last time they gave me oxycotton and well after 3 days i stopped taking them....wow what a trip (lol).

I'll do the same milk and fruits/veggies but that's all. So we've made a pack you and me.

I'd really like to keep next months shopping to a minimum as well mostly meat sales and necessities.
    Oh I hope your recovery is quick and relatively easy, sounds like you will need the time to recover with 2 procedures.
    I will be carrying forward with the no spend challenge as well, I just find I need to use things up and want to start fresh in the spring. I will confess if I find the tubs of Uncle Ben's rice tubs with the chicken coupons I will splurge and buy a few! I do have store points I can use for this though and it won't come from my budget. i also have to go to superstore and see if they finally got the 1.88 pork loins in, that was supposed to part of this weeks budget!!
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

((hugs)) nancy. at least you have a wonderful hubby waiting for you at home.

well i SIU went shopping. needed some things for dh's lunch. kids have been helping themselves and not much was left. lol.
    dang growing kids...

think i'll stop in to my parents today for a visit. been awhile.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 7 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Morning! Hockey done. Breakfast made. Lunches packed. Roast in slow cooker ready to push button on. Dishwasher emptied. Now will wash up dishes in sink and hang laundry to dry. Then just fluff dry and put away tonight. Quick shower and off to school and work!

Town is on strike here so its a hockey free week. TBH its kind of nice not to have to spend the evening in the arena.
    We spent all weekend in the Arena at a hockey tournament - i took my knitting and finished half a blanket in 2 days - usually one ball takes me 4 days each i went through 2.5 balls in 2 days!
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    WM mastercard used to be my card of choice ONLY because I did most of my shopping there, you only get 1.25% for items purchased at WM and 1% everywhere. My WM has really gone down hill in the last year and I avoid it as much as possible. And the downside for us what do you buy with the rewards because they can only be redeemed at WM. We used to use them for electronics and such but never for food or clothes so it's really no loss now that we are using the pc mastercard and I only have the regular 1 (grey) as our income is not that high to receive the higher earning points but that's okay.

I gave alot of thought on switching to be honest for about 6 months but then applied for pc mastercard online and you receive 50,000 points so $50.00 AND if you go to superstore etc you can get redeem your points for electronics with your mastercard points and gcs as well which is a much better fit for our family should we want to cash in on something other than food BUT like I said we have all the electronics we could need at the moments so I am concentrating on pc points for food and gcs for christmas.

Only you and your family can decide which reward cards or credit cards would give you the most bang for your dollar.
    I'd get the PC card too if I were you. That sounds like a much better deal. I also have the grey one.

On your family situation, it really sounds stressful, which can't be good for staying well for your surgery. Have a safe trip home and I'm sure your DH and sons will love to have you back! I think you mentioned two sons before, right? Or is my memory off again? (Sorry!)

Yesterday, I had a bit of a scare. The pharmacy called me and told me that my prescription was new and that it wasn't covered by my plan. I checked my old bottle and it was the same pharmacy and it had always been covered. I spoke to a different pharmacy assistant yesterday and found everything was as it should be. Phew! It's the only medication I take regularly so to find out it's no longer covered would be a nasty shock.

LO took out my wallet from my bag the other day. I took it from her and put it high so she wouldn't open the zipper and take out all the coins. She hasn't put one in her mouth yet, but there's always a first time. When it was time to leave for the pharmacy, I checked my bag and remembered my wallet was home, on the counter. Yesterday, I can honestly say I borrowed money from my boss and left work to buy drugs.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 8 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mrs Sunshine- Only on Wednesday mornings since I am up at 5 am for DS and his hockey. Will be lazy tonight lol
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Got my car back last night - the power steering died in it last week. 830 dollars later i have wheels that turn again thanks to a new pump, pulley and belt....and fluid i think as well. I also had it serviced while it was being diagnosed last week which cost me 170. Hopefully i dont have to visit the shop again for a while!
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 7 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Saundyl- We had a huge tournament set in December (at home) and were told that the town was planning to strike starting that Friday to make a statement. But the never did. Last weekend and this upcoming one is hockey free which is nice
    saundyl, Andit, ROMEO and 7 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

good for you FBM you deserve it.

yikes saundyl.. we had the the same problem last fall. the damn thing is making the noise again..

well checked the flyers the only thing i see is ground beef. going to make spaghettie this weekend. haven't had it in so long.
    think i'll also make some cupcakes tonite. dh takes them to work for a co worker. nice gentlemen. he loves his treats.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Where and what is the price on Ground beef Sunshine?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Don't forget to redeem Oasis coupons from general mills cereal. I have a bunch for the carton that I redeem as we use and will redeem the last few the last day of expiry hoping to get far future expiry dates. Redeemed 3 for drinking boxes with December 2015 expiry. Will put away for summer/back to school (DS is taking free OJ these days )

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama Lean Ground Beef will be $2.97/lb at No Frills starting this Fri.

Edit: Just read the fine print and it is Beef/Pork blend I have a daycare kid that cannot eat pork so not very helpful for me..... I may just buy one package to make burgers for ourselves and wait for another deal for the real thing....
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Wed, Feb 11th, 2015 at 04:52 PM.

Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information