User Tag List

Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I should not have let DH redeem the Oasis coupons for me... Instead of juice boxes he got the 1L juice Not what I wanted grrr.... And it cannot be exchanged as juice boxes retail for a higher price
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thinking of everyone!

Congrats on the car and another year of marriage Lizzie. Jasperandchar I hope that your surgery goes well.

I am looking forward to having some friends over this weekend. It is our friends who've been out of work, so I am reminded not to complain about my financial position. I am happy to help out even if it just means providing a meal.

I'm also looking forward to husband's first paycheck this weekend. I'm thinking about taking a night course, I know I'm crazy, but knowing what income will be like will help me make that decision. And a little bit a hard work now will pay a lot down the road. I have two more courses to do and then I will have reached my top educational pay level. You can move up based on seniority and courses but there is a max for both.
    Andit, ROMEO, avoncallingu and 9 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hey Granger that is really ambitious but you can do it if you set your mind to it!!Might seem hard now but may be easier with 2 kids rather than 3!!Whatever you decide make sure not to overextend yourself.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

FBM: thanks for the reminder. I have one box with the coupon still on it.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Hey Granger that is really ambitious but you can do it if you set your mind to it!!Might seem hard now but may be easier with 2 kids rather than 3!!Whatever you decide make sure not to overextend yourself.
    My thinking is...both kids are in bed at 7:30ish and it is an online course...I can do most of the work in the evenings (less TV time for me). The course is a little more than two months and falls in my second and start of third trimester (I have already started feeling better). I was thinking if I don't do it now, I won't do it until my last child is school-aged...so at least 5 years away. I can do the second course in the winter session of 2016 when I am on mat leave taking care of baby. One will be in school and the second has preschool at least once a week. I am worried about overextending myself...which is why I am venturing cautiously...but I seem to get superhero powers during pregnancy after the morning sickness goes away.

Oh and I forgot to tell everyone the news...we trapped our first mouse last night. Ewwwwwwwww! I hope it is the last, but I know it won't be. #countryliving.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Saundyl- We had a huge tournament set in December (at home) and were told that the town was planning to strike starting that Friday to make a statement. But the never did. Last weekend and this upcoming one is hockey free which is nice
    They went on strike here monday...anyone who works for the town. The curling tournament for the kids was still scheduled this morning because its subleased but the union annoced it was going to picket infront of the curling rink saturday during it so the tournament is now cancelled.

Itd rather terrible that kids are denied acess to sports because the town and its staff cant come to an agreement.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I like making the twist and twirl scarves. found a comment on Amazon the other day that some one takes the wool and spread it out while winding it around an empty tp roll to make it knit faster. Ive decided to try it!
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    My thinking is...both kids are in bed at 7:30ish and it is an online course...I can do most of the work in the evenings (less TV time for me). The course is a little more than two months and falls in my second and start of third trimester (I have already started feeling better). I was thinking if I don't do it now, I won't do it until my last child is school-aged...so at least 5 years away. I can do the second course in the winter session of 2016 when I am on mat leave taking care of baby. One will be in school and the second has preschool at least once a week. I am worried about overextending myself...which is why I am venturing cautiously...but I seem to get superhero powers during pregnancy after the morning sickness goes away.

Oh and I forgot to tell everyone the news...we trapped our first mouse last night. Ewwwwwwwww! I hope it is the last, but I know it won't be. #countryliving.
    I know exactly about those superpowers even with my last at 39 I bustled around like a 20 year old!!!
    I say go for it now that I know it is online at home, what is the worst that can happen!!
    On the mouse front I am freaking out for you..my biggest phobia and I am normally a tough cookie, they just give me the hebbie jeebies..
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

We have a mouse too! We just found it the other day and I'm looking at mouse traps. Poor mouse. Run while you can!
    Andit, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

sweet sparrow this is what we got after feeding the mouse with the other wooden ones that didn't set off.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/vi...l#.VNwxfClM7zI

It has mixed reviews but worked for us and DH swears by Victor. It has a one year exchange warranty too. DH grew up in the country and once had a rat in his dresser which he took out with a pellet gun. Yep, I am redneck, but only because I married one...I have the heebie jeebies just typing about the rat!!!
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, Feb 11th, 2015 at 11:58 PM.
    Andit, Ciel, lilo0003 and 4 others like this.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn! Only an hour and a bit of sleep, gah!

For mice we had in the fall, regular old fashioned mouse trap with peanut butter worked great - got them under the stove - ended up there were three of the critters. The cats wouldn't catch them, but Vader stood guard when there was one caught, lol!

Andit, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lizzie, wishing you many more years of love, fun, and happiness!

Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Feb 12th, 2015 at 11:26 AM. Reason: first pic I posted disappeared!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Woke up in the middle of the night thanks to a bizarre dream. Haven't been able to sleep since. I have plans to go out tonight for another round of Winterlicious (my friend gave me a GC to the local restaurant). Can't wait to have some fun...if I can stay awake!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Natalka, Ciel, lilo0003 and 4 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It's almost Friday And not a bad day planned for me at work. Hope to keep at stuff and make my day tomorrow smoother. Left the house with dishes in the sink but at least everyone had breakfast and a lunch to take. Will tidy kitchen tonight and do some laundry. Dinner tonight is leftover roast beef, peameal bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and toast. Cleaning out the fridge. I have a Kelsey's GC that my sister gave me and hope to take them out one night next week
    Andit, Ciel, coupon girl and 5 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

You guys you don't like mice as pets... tsk..

well sending my son off to his first job hiring session, he has some major butterflies.

were expecting a huge storm.

lots more to do today for saturday.

enjoy your day all.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information