User Tag List

Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good Afternoon All!!
    It is a chore day for me, I am gutting my home office and reorganizing files and papers, I am trying to go paperless but some things you just have to save. I think it will take most of the day.
    My no spend days were interrupted by a trip to No Frills yesterday! Asparagus for 1.98 a pound and apples for .67 cents a pound, splurged on Nectarines for 1.99 a pound, and quite a few other items for salads. I hadn't planned on buying cheese but did pick up 3 bricks,we are close to running out and my daughters and I are going to do a freezer cooking day and it will get used up and the price was right. Hopefully that is it until next weekend other than milk.
    Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Nancy my meal plan is below.
    Hubby cooking today, not sure!Asparagus will be the veggie!!
    Monday, cabbage rolls and some other veggie, will cook up a few perogies for our son, none for us as we are dieting!
    Tuesday, curry lentil soup with an orange spinach salad
    Wednesday, chicken stir fry using coleslaw, broccoli slaw (both pink stickered) bean sprouts and snow peas served over brown rice noodles.
    Thursday,BBQ moose steak with roasted sweet potato,quinoi salad and sauteed asparagus with lemon.
    Friday halibut ( last of the halibut form hubbies's fishing trip last fall )with rice and broccloi and a salad of some sort
    Will cook extra of everything for husbands lunches the next day.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Sun, Feb 15th, 2015 at 02:51 PM.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

just realized were out of milk.
    may have to venture out to SDM and grab some. MAY
    or just come up with other alternatives for breakfast.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-hubby went to fortinos for me -spent 19.89 got me 1,300 p.c points got bananas apples ,bagels and 4.99 k-cup coffee pods -lettuce ,tomatoes-while washed floors ,cleaned and now sister-in-law and niece are coming over for tea

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hello all. We ordered Chinese food last night too. Friends asked us to go out but we were looking forward to a cozy night in. We went to Costco today. Bought a bunch of things I wanted including a bed Frame! Yeah. Can get the mattress off ground in basement spare room. Tonight we are making chicken, asparagus, rice and onion rings for dinner. May make brownies with ice cream for dessert. Tomorrow will be prepping some food for week/freezer. Homemade Mac and cheese, meatballs, mini meatloaf and burger patties.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Nancy my meal plan is below.
    Hubby cooking today, not sure!Asparagus will be the veggie!!
    Monday, cabbage rolls and some other veggie, will cook up a few perogies for our son, none for us as we are dieting!
    Tuesday, curry lentil soup with an orange spinach salad
    Wednesday, chicken stir fry using coleslaw, broccoli slaw (both pink stickered) bean sprouts and snow peas served over brown rice noodles.
    Thursday,BBQ moose steak with roasted sweet potato,quinoi salad and sauteed asparagus with lemon.
    Friday halibut ( last of the halibut form hubbies's fishing trip last fall )with rice and broccloi and a salad of some sort
    Will cook extra of everything for husbands lunches the next day.
    the menu sounds delish thriftygranny

I honestly forgot you and your family were on a diet , hope that is going well. I hope to get back on the wagon once I recover from my surgeries. I would love to lose another 20lbs by end of the school year.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We ventured out in the cold today to get Logan a new pair of sneakers....geez...I don't know what I was thinking while out but I'm so upset with myself, spent way more than I should have considering we only went for sneakers....oh well stocked up on veggies and fruit for the next week or so BUT I told dh not to let me in the stores for the rest of the month. Even though it's more expensive to purchase milk at the corner store I think that it may be worth the price (lol) considering the 1 hour drive round trip and all the other sh*t I would end up buying that I don't need.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

apparently there was milk hiding in the fridge. yay no need to get out.
    we had awesome spaghetti leftovers with garlic bread..
    now sitting watching tv with like 20 candles lit.
    good way to keep warmer cheap.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

WIshing everyone a warm and enjoyable evening and Happy Family Day tomorrow.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    We ventured out in the cold today to get Logan a new pair of sneakers....geez...I don't know what I was thinking while out but I'm so upset with myself, spent way more than I should have considering we only went for sneakers....oh well stocked up on veggies and fruit for the next week or so BUT I told dh not to let me in the stores for the rest of the month. Even though it's more expensive to purchase milk at the corner store I think that it may be worth the price (lol) considering the 1 hour drive round trip and all the other sh*t I would end up buying that I don't need.
    I know what you mean Nancy, I spent way more at No Frills Yesterday than I had planned, but I should not need anything until next weekend at least and not much then either! Paying a bit more at the corner store would be better than driving an hour for milk, I was raised in the boonies and always marvelled at how my Mom could make do, we should all take a lesson from those gals from the 50's-60's. I really just want my life simplified and to live with less in an uncluttered home....it'is coming but I just found bank deposit books from 1987 in a desk while cleaning my office today, it is the little things like that that drive me nuts!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

TG-I agree that No Frills had good prices on fruit and veggies-I went this morning too and bought a few things. Somone just came and gave us a deposit on our old car-they will get it on Tuesday when the registry office opens after the long weekend here.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Had our friends over for lunch and dinner. It felt good to relax. DH took care of most of the cooking. I helped with the prep.

Lunch: sandwiches (roast beef and peanut butter) and curried red lentil sweet potato soup (soooo yummy)
    Dinner: butter chicken breasts with green beans and mash

Served 4 adults and 4 kids

Will do the rest of the tidy up tomorrow. Relaxing now.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hello All. Haven`t been around much lately. I`m trying to cut back on computer time. Wish I had a laptop. I have issues with my legs and feet swelling so need to sit with them up.
    Yesterday morning the furnace decided to quit...of course on a really cold and stormy day. Hubby pushed the reset button and it was ok til this morning. He`s had to reset twice already today and it feels awful cold right now so I think it`s off again. We called the furnace guy...he`s coming first thing tomorrow morning. Poor guy had 4 service calls today.

I`ve been busy crocheting. Have about 60 towels ready for buttons...hope to do that tomorrow. Also need to put ribbon in a couple afghans.

@ MrsS good to hear you`re sticking with it. It`s annoying when you run out of yarn before a project is finished.

@ Nancy Good luck with your surgery. Hope they do the underarm and that solves the problem.

@ Angela and Grainger Glad you`re starting to feel better.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thanks crochetlady. unfortunately i took it almost all apart restarting. so far so good.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

J&C - good luck with your surgery! I'll be thinking about you and sending prayers and healing thoughts!

Oh SO Cold here. Even my WARMEST coat can't keep me warm. Crochetlady - our furnace has "turned itself off" two nights in a row now. Don't know what's happening. It happily goes on again when we switch it to "manual" in the morning, I think it's just on strike. We do have a gas fireplace, though. That has helped us to warm up.

S. - Isn't it funny how "unplanned" events can be just as fun as those we plan!

We spent a very fun evening tonight watching the 40 year anniversary show of Saturday Night Live. Belly Laughs at times!

I made a Salmon Casserole from a recipe from an old church Recipe Book. I figure these recipes are tried and true. AND I get to take a walk down memory lane remembering the women who are no longer with us whose recipes are there (including my mum's). I had to smile at one called "Night Before Payday" Casserole.
    We also had the asparagus that dh had bought with Cheesewiz sauce.

Well, I'm off to bed. Good night my cyberfriends!
    Where's Sassy Ashley and Cath07? They haven't been around in a while.

Oops - dh just flipped on the "Downton Abbey" episode we recorded earlier while we were watching SNL. Guess we'll be up for a while!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information