User Tag List

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Did you get FREE weed with your purchase , like this GTA ( Brampton ) mom did @ Target today

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/target-surprise-marijuana-found-in-angry-birds-toy-box-1.2234761

Attachment 273783

Oh man. The type of people we have coming through the stores since liquidation.

My manager told me about one guy whose deemed dangerous. He apparently stabs people with a needle. I was also told about a supposed pedophile coming in too. :|

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

wrong thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Spoke to staff today, they were supposed to get 9 more truckloads but it was diverted to stores that had less stock so they are done receiving at one of mine. The other one half the store is already cordoned off empty.
    anisa and scouponer like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Finally gave in and headed to Target today...total waste of time. I will wait until the discount is larger. We were the only ones in the store. I liked them better when they weren't closing.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

DH and I went to Target for the first time since liquidation started. Busiest I have ever seen it, even though there are nowhere near the deals they had before liquidation (just small discounts on everything). We ended up buying 2 bottles of Market Pantry vanilla extract (so much cheaper at regular price than anywhere else I have seen) and a $6.99 tire pressure gauge for DH. Only got 10% off vanilla and 20% gauge, but managed to cash in my leftover GC so I was happy. Cashier was super friendly and nice, which was greatly appreciated. But I don't think I'll go back until they deepen the discounts. Things will be picked over by then, but I'm willing to wait and see. It make me sad to go there though.
    anisa likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

There not going to refill my store cuz they don't want to pay transportation up North

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Did you get FREE weed with your purchase , like this GTA ( Brampton ) mom did @ Target today

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/target-surprise-marijuana-found-in-angry-birds-toy-box-1.2234761

Attachment 273783

GTA ( Brampton ) seems to be on a roll now . Weed at TARGET toys , now cocaine in VALUE VILLAGE clothes

Brampton man finds cocaine in pocket of jacket bought at value village
    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015...e-village.html
    NikyK, Patty Smyth, dizzyb and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Wal Mart USA has now raised their minimum wages for all their employees..in US only .

But WM Canada won't be following that , with Target's Canada exit maybe they should do that as their profits are bound to increase.

Maybe we will get better service & more happy employees if they do that at WM, instead of their crappy service.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wal Mart USA has now raised their minimum wages for all their employees..in US only .

But WM Canada won't be following that , with Target's Canada exit maybe they should do that as their profits are bound to increase.

Maybe we will get better service & more happy employees if they do that at WM, instead of their crappy service.
    Yep.. they're raising it from $7.25 to $9. I'm sure Walmart Canada employees already make more than that.

Ron.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

WM already pays above minimum wage, plus they have good health benefits. My brother worked there for quite a long time - also didn't mind getting his birthday off, paid.
    walkonby and toronto166 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    Yep.. they're raising it from $7.25 to $9. I'm sure Walmart Canada employees already make more than that.

Ron.
    Ofcourse they do bcoz minimum wage is higher in Canada .. between $ 10.20 - $ 11.00 ..and its only $ 7.25 in most of US. They don't make more due to WM, but due to higher minimum wage in Canada.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

BC Targets seem to have more stock and are scoring the better deals than other parts of Canada. Maybe because Target stock is shipped through west coast ports?
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ yeah i'm not seeing any of the deals here in ON that are being posted from the lower mainland
    hijinx25 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

and for those of you who think Target might just re-think their exit plan from Canada...
    It seems they have been fairly thorough in burning all bridges in Canada. No chance of them staying any longer than they legally have to.

Globe and Mail - Invoice switched, Target supplier stuck with $232,328 claim

"The court squabble between insolvent Target Canada and some of its suppliers has heated up over allegations the retailer benefited from the timing of its court filing for creditor protection.A Toronto-based market research firm that did work for Target says it was told to switch an invoice from the retailer’s U.S.-based parent to Target Canada just several days before the filing, leaving the firm with what it says is now a $232,328 unpaid claim... “I find this very suspicious,” Ms. Menge says in the e-mail, which was filed as evidence in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice this week."

"Other suppliers suggest in court filings that they shipped inordinately large amounts of goods to Target Canada in the 30 days before the retailer’s creditor protection filing. If the proceedings were a bankruptcy, the vendors would have the right to ask to repossess those 30-day goods.By the end of January, “Target Canada, according to our calculations, would have had in its stores and distribution centres goods totalling approximately $2,241,000, which is an amount far in excess of anything it could reasonably anticipate selling in the next six months, and certainly not the next quarter,” Shell Bern, president of baby merchandise suppliers ISSI Inc. and Elfe Juvenile products, says in a court filing."

Last edited by anisa; Fri, Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:58 AM.
    hijinx25 and torontogal12 like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Thread Information