User Tag List

Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Do I dare say I got my laundry dry outside today? Hope all you folks out east get rid of all that ice and snow soon!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

march break into savings-that is my march input
    -momof5boys-I wish we would get rid of this bittttercold -uggggg

-off to babysit today -yipeeee
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Pancake Day - will be having our son over for supper, pancakes and other yummies!

Enjoy your day, keep warm if it's frigid where you are; hope those of you who are not feeling great are feeling better soon!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday was a do-nothing day - had to rest after overdoing it on Sunday. But it was all worth it. Started off with brunch with friends (my contribution was roasted mashed sweet potato, French salad, shortbread cookies and dog biscuits) - too much food and wonderful company (silly hostess packed up enough food to feed me for a week!). I was teased mercilessly cause while the adults were sitting at the table enjoying their coffee, I was sitting on the floor with 3 pups in my lap. Got home in time to stop by a neighbour's place for a b-day party (I brought them some shortbread too). Even tho I was stuffed to the gills, they convinced me to have a small slice of b-day cake. Yummm. Then I had to brave the arctic weather and head out to dinner with my bff. I thought I'd skip dinner, but I couldn't resist the appetizer (potato skins with Montreal smoked meat, cheddar, green onions & sour cream - yummm). Then came Blithe Spirit - wonderful production! I didn't have half the energy at 20 that Angela Lansbury has at 89!

Brats were not impressed that I wasn't around Sunday night to share all the goodies I'd brought home (I made up for it yesterday).

Trying to find the energy to do chores today. Maybe a rousing game of hide and seek with the brats will help.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Oops, forgot today is about pancakes. Will see if I have the energy later to make crepes (my fav version of pancakes ).

Hope all the sickos get better soon (been there, done that, so you have my complete sympathy ).

As for name suggestions, how about Marching out of Debt or March Breaking free of debt (guess what's on my mind these days ).

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I really wish managers that want to hire more people, would be more receptive to them upon meeting them.
    poor kid feels like he was brushed off. the manager didn't even seem aware that 'he' was hiring. u really need to talk to your staff more often..
    he's going to another place this afternoon/tomorrow.

dh has found me a place to go who will help me find the 'perfect job' and the support i need no matter what my needs are.
    i can't wait.
    first though cleaning continues. i haven't seen this place look so fresh. amazing how open a place looks when there isn't stuff everywhere.

ummm ciel.. i'll help ya 'taste test' those cookies with ya. if theres any left?? LOL
    No cookies are lingering, @sunshine . Even the double batch I made on Saturday was gone by yesterday afternoon. I'm really out of things I can use to bake cookies but they got me through DVD watching on the weekend, which was too long for me.

I have struck down icicles today and yesterday-really hope the Sun melts off the rest of the snow on the roof but not dump it on the front walk. Not keen on icy mounds as I seem to be the only person dealing with them (there's a benefit to clearing walks before a deep freeze so one does not do their best skating without skates routines during the colder temps).

Hope @SassyAshley is having a Pukadog in Hawaii if there is a location near her. That place puts a hole at one end of the hot dog bun, which is toasted on metal tubes that look like the bottle necks of vinegar bottles, then condiments from taps are dropped in. The hot dog is heated in a device that looks like a drop down napkin dispenser. Saw this on No Reservations' segment on Honolulu. Wish I was dining there today!

One surprise yesterday was seeing mail! The one T4 slip I needed arrived-did my tax return last night and mailed it this morning! Woohoo!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    m so happy to be home, I stayed in my pjs allday (lol) not something I do often but felt lazy and relaxed.

Made a double batch of chili (usual recipe) and dh says it doesn't tastes the same....boo....the only thing I did different was the type of tomato soup I used. Oh well lesson learned campbells soup only.

Kids are fed beef burgers for them and chili for us for lunches .

I have a running list of things I would like to put $ towards next month if possible (cottage taxes for our cottage and the boys lot, purchase the spray foam for Logan's room and propane).

I got my rental bill from superior propane for the year, I should be out of propane very shortly as it's only used for hot water, called to tell them that I wanted to pay for the tank rentals on a monthly basis and well that's not allowed . I told the lady that I was so fed up with their price gouging (I know some have it worse off @saundyl ) but anyways I guess my complaining paid off they offered me .74 litre which really surprised me as I only fill up once a year so I get dinged the highest rate. So dh and I are really considering having them fill up the tanks instead of our alternate plan of hauling 100lbs tanks to Costco to get filled.

Does anyone know the current price for propane at Costco?

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening
    Not sure if the gas prices website follows propane prices, but you can look up the Costco location nearest you for gas, most likely. http://www.ontariogasprices.com/

You can pick a different city to get prices closer to your area.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Do I dare say I got my laundry dry outside today? Hope all you folks out east get rid of all that ice and snow soon!
    I'm so jealous, I love the smell
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

afternoon....
    well so far this week is looking busy.
    finishing my sons blanket today.
    tomorrow im hosting a meeting (i chair as part of where i live)
    then thursday my sons has his orientation and i have too. im signing up with a local agency to find a job that supports those with disabilities.
    then Friday is bake day/clean up day.
    Saturday were going to my parents to tell them about my sons job.
    sunday im hosting an afternoon 'stitch and '.

so ya thats my week.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday was a do-nothing day - had to rest after overdoing it on Sunday. But it was all worth it. Started off with brunch with friends (my contribution was roasted mashed sweet potato, French salad, shortbread cookies and dog biscuits) - too much food and wonderful company (silly hostess packed up enough food to feed me for a week!). I was teased mercilessly cause while the adults were sitting at the table enjoying their coffee, I was sitting on the floor with 3 pups in my lap. Got home in time to stop by a neighbour's place for a b-day party (I brought them some shortbread too). Even tho I was stuffed to the gills, they convinced me to have a small slice of b-day cake. Yummm. Then I had to brave the arctic weather and head out to dinner with my bff. I thought I'd skip dinner, but I couldn't resist the appetizer (potato skins with Montreal smoked meat, cheddar, green onions & sour cream - yummm). Then came Blithe Spirit - wonderful production! I didn't have half the energy at 20 that Angela Lansbury has at 89!

Brats were not impressed that I wasn't around Sunday night to share all the goodies I'd brought home (I made up for it yesterday).

Trying to find the energy to do chores today. Maybe a rousing game of hide and seek with the brats will help.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    I admire your generosity and kindness towards others Andit
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Busy week indeed . S. do take some time to relax and good luck with the job agency for yourself

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Ciel I'm jealous, I wish I had my T4's, I'm still missing 2 and so is dh. I find such relief when my taxes are done & filed and it's nice knowing where I stand with the tax man

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'M pretty sure I have everything I need to do my taxes but my girl that does them is in Florida! Will get it all ready for her. She always tells me I can email them to her but I can wait till she is back
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We have a busy night tonight so will have to make pancakes and turkey bacon tomorrow night (well reg bacon for kids and turkey for me) Was just going to make eggs and toast for my hockey player before game and then feed him when we go home. Have chicken to cook up so will do that this evening and make rice so we have that to use up too.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Oh drat. Natalka reminded me that it's pancake day. I was supposed to send in LO with blueberry pancakes today for daycare. It completely slipped my mind. I ambitiously did all the laundry over the weekend. Unfortunately, LO was sick last night. Really sick in her bed. Some of the other kids in the nursery have also been sick and DH has been under the weather all week. There'll be another laundry night soon.

Tonight will be the moment of truth. I washed my tablecloth again but it was too late and too dark to really inspect the fabric. It was the highlight of my weekend, with everyone feeling unwell. What is this mystery bug going around?

Nancy, I'm so looking forward to getting our taxes done and over with this year as well. Another week or so to wait!

As for a name suggestion for March, I can only think of March's Mad Money for now.

Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information