User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Canadian DRAM national class action - Get $20 , no receipt needed .

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Ok so after filing the claim, will they contact (phone call) or just take time in processing and send cheque. Want to try this but not very confident for phone calls if they call for confirmation.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

There will be no phonecalls. The settlement has been reached and all claims will be filled at the same time by the lawyers and the companies in charge of dispersing the funds.
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Tue, Feb 24th, 2015 at 06:24 PM.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I accidentally submitted my claim twice. I called 1-800 # and was told to email. I emailed the support team and they reversed the second claim. Easy peasy and very helpful.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

http://www.grandstitres.com/recours-...s-y-ont-droit/

https://cestmonargent.ca/fr

If it is in the wrong section,please move it to the finance section.It is like the Activia claim.Just wanted the Canadian people to be aware.You could read the article in English as well
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Feb 25th, 2015 at 12:07 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Normally, I wouldn't bother filing a claim with suits like this, as when I bought the product the price was reasonable and not a concern to me.

But this one actually makes me mad. I was reading on the FAQ that there are a few other suits in progress (no final decisions yet) for things like CRT monitors, and other computer components.

I know my family bought a new computer in late 1999/early 2000. It was expensive (around $650) and my parents had to make monthly payments to pay for it. But it was a big deal, as my brother and I were both into computers, and it was really great for school work. We were lucky that we could afford it. The fact that companies conspired to fix prices means that people who could not afford it at that time might have been able to. These companies effectively prevented people who could have really used computers to further their lives from getting one, because they decided to be underhanded and deceitful. And that is disgusting.
    nessa23 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The sad thing is the lawyers are the real winner's here.. they make millions on it ..on both sides.

$ 20 after 15 years is nothing, compared to the much higher price you paid 15 yrs back & the interest on it..due to price fixing. The companies often pay out peanuts compared to what they actually mad from illegal things, but I guess something is better than nothing !

Someone needs to go after BELL, ROGERS & TELUS for similar price fixing & gouging. I would be extremely surprised if all 3 of them are not into it !

Heck lot of CRTC employees are ex - Bell , Rogers & Telus guys & have lot of vested interest & dealings with their former employers ..talk about conflict of interest

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Fyi this is not "for qc people" it is for all canadian... In case you weren't aware there are many people that can read french or that are french outside of quebec...

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Its actually not limited to only the French either, see English link: https://www.themoneyismine.ca
    Pretty much if you purchased any electronics between 1999 and 2002, you can claim $20 with out proof of purchase.
    If you do happen to still have your receipts, you might be able to claim more.
    Last edited by freebie101; Wed, Feb 25th, 2015 at 12:47 PM.
    Win free products from Bomb Bash, sign up here: http://bbash.it/1vc7mmJ
    Latest contest is for a FPC for sliced meats of your choice

Buy items from dinodirect at unbelievable prices, click here to see a list of current(freebies) offers from them and then click here to buy: www.dinodirect.com/?d=3534

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kermitz1 View Post
    Fyi this is not "for qc people" it is for all canadian... In case you weren't aware there are many people that can read french or that are french outside of quebec...
    I think that cath007 wanted to make sure that Quebec SCs who are eligible, but may not see the English offer, take advantage as well
    bluerose and Momof3girlies like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I know. Now prices have gone down a lot , but it was really expensive back then.

Also Internet , Social Media , Forums etc wasn't that huge 15 years back. So if people were buying PC's then, it was mostly for work, school & job related, it was more of a need than a want.

Now you even have access to internet in FREE public libraries etc, so you can do without a computer. I don't think lot of public libraries had that 15 yrs back..or it was very limited to 2-3 computers & not dozens like they have now.

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Normally, I wouldn't bother filing a claim with suits like this, as when I bought the product the price was reasonable and not a concern to me.

But this one actually makes me mad. I was reading on the FAQ that there are a few other suits in progress (no final decisions yet) for things like CRT monitors, and other computer components.

I know my family bought a new computer in late 1999/early 2000. It was expensive (around $650) and my parents had to make monthly payments to pay for it. But it was a big deal, as my brother and I were both into computers, and it was really great for school work. We were lucky that we could afford it. The fact that companies conspired to fix prices means that people who could not afford it at that time might have been able to. These companies effectively prevented people who could have really used computers to further their lives from getting one, because they decided to be underhanded and deceitful. And that is disgusting.
    Anna Michele and luckbealady like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Thanks for posting this. I qualify for the $20 as I purchased more than 1 of the products listed within that time frame. Yes, as a poster above said, $20 is better than nothing.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I think that cath007 wanted to make sure that Quebec SCs who are eligible, but may not see the English offer, take advantage as well
    exactly.Thank you for the clarification.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

The offer is available to all Canadians, but Cath007 must have heard it on a french tv channel or the Journal de Montreal because that is how i became aware of this offer
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

thanks.

we bought our first PC in 2000 & it cost over $1,000- getting $20- back doesnt seem like alot, but its better than nothing.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information