User Tag List

Page 330 of 923 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 340 380 430 830 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 13842
Like Tree40541Likes

Thread: Whats it like in your neck of the woods?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

-36 windchill, temp -26

possibly going up by 10 degrees today
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

princessjen and KelJo like this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

​I'm at #5. . . . .

It is said the Inuit have dozens of words for snow, which doesn’t seem that impressive when you consider that Canadians as a whole have hundreds of swear words for winter. This year, in much of the country, we’ve been reminded how frigid the season can get. Here’s a guide to the nine stages of Canadian cold, beginning with the mildest form.

1. “Unzipped parka” cold. “Is that all you’ve got, winter? I went to the trouble of wearing this seasonally appropriate garment —but obviously I overestimated you as an adversary. Watch now as I taunt you by exposing my torso to your gentle breezes.”

2. “Fiery thigh” cold. Your upper body is nice and cozy—but underneath your jeans, it’s as though your legs are being stabbed with the points of a thousand tiny spears. Stop stabbing me, weather!

3. “The annoying dude at work who insists it isn’t that cold out” cold. “Guys, what agreat ride in on the bike,” he says, thin icicles clinging to his moustache. “Only had to outrace two Yeti HAHAHA.” Under his survival gear is a sweat-soaked wool sweater that for the rest of the day will smell like elk farts. “Only minus-21—who wants to do a quick biathlon loop at lunch?”

4. “Angry car” cold. Most Canadians are familiar with The Pause—that brief moment after you turn the key, but before your vehicle decides to do anything about it. Your car is trying to communicate with you. That’s why it sucked the snow inside when you opened the door. It does not want you to sit there. It does not want to start. It does not like you because it is wicked cold and you are a big fat jerk. Remember that talking car from Knight Rider? If your car could do that, it would be saying the most horrible things about your mother.

5. “Regretting your life decisions” cold. The moment you step outside, the internal monologue begins. “Why do I live here? Why don’t I live somewhere else? I should live somewhere else! I should move! I should move to California! I should move to California today!” This is usually the point at which you realize the plow has left a furrow of snow as tall as a pony in front of your driveway.

6. “I no longer give a crap how I look in public” cold. Please join the TV people who assess ladies’ gowns on Oscar night as they critique the ensemble I just wore while walking the dog.
    Giuliana: The Elmer Fudd cap with earflaps—super retro! But what do you think of the parka?
    Brad: Could it be any puffier? He makes the Michelin Man look anorexic!
    Kathy: Oh, you ! I agree it’s unflattering—but I like the accent along the side of the parka.
    Guiliana: Pretty sure that’s a dirt stain from rubbing up against his car.
    Brad: Try to tear your eyes away from the plaid hat that says to the ladies: “I take my fashion guidance from the man who hunts Bugs Bunny.” Instead, look at his hands: Are those … mittens? Is he wearing mittens? And what’s the logo I see on them—is that Versace?
    Giuliana: Volkswagen. He got them for free when he took his car in for an oil change.
    Brad: Did he just wipe the snot from his— oh, God.
    Kathy: You know those “before” and “after” photos when people lose weight? It’s great to finally have an “after” photo for when someone loses the will to live.

7. “Teenagers actually dress appropriately” cold. We’ve all seen the usual uniform of the teenager in winter: a light spring jacket and sneakers. Presumably, this is a form of defiance against parental wishes. Or possibly evolution has ingrained in them an instinct to believe that members of the opposite sex are attracted to windburn.

8. “Just leave me here to die” cold. It’s been an epic journey, but I’m not going to make it. In retrospect, I see now that I should never have risked winter’s wrath by undertaking this ill-fated expedition to the 7-Eleven down the street. Tell my wife I love her and give her what’s left of this Jos. Louis!

9. “Yeezus” cold. A cold so unbearable that you wish Kanye West had interrupted the changing of the seasons in December and shouted, “Yo, Mother Nature—Imma let you skip ahead to spring.”
    Last edited by MortgageQueen; Fri, Feb 27th, 2015 at 12:44 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

-26 windchill, temp is -17

Hopefully getting to predicted -8 today!
    princessjen and KelJo like this.

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We got a good drenching of rain but temperatures
    stayed in the mid-70's.
    Palm City got 12 inches of rain in three hours!
    Three hours!
    Streets were flooded, manhole covers lifted up
    and cars drove into them.
    People broke out their kayaks and the kids
    were bogey-boarding in the back yards.
    Everything's back to normal today , just another day in paradise.
    princessjen, ROMEO and KelJo like this.
    @
    ;

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I got up yesterday it was -25. Warmer today, but flurries. I'm so tired of winter. My garage door clicker and key fob wont work when its freezing cold out and my back garage door and laundry room door wont close right when its cold either.
    Natalka, ROMEO and KelJo like this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

-7 C (with wind chill around -14). It feels so balmy outside compared to the -26 etc we've had. Sun is nice and warm.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

-7.8°C Partly Cloudy
    High -3°C
    Low -14°C

Last updated at 5:26am

spring is in the air!
    Last edited by heartgirl99; Mon, Mar 2nd, 2015 at 05:31 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

-20 windchill, -12 temp, will go up a few degrees today; maybe snow, too.

Waiting for -3 Thursday! Fingers crossed!
    ROMEO and KelJo like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Currently snowing, looking like a Winter Wonderland again. -4 with the windchill.

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

low 80's all week
    might rain
    might
    Natalka and KelJo like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

under another Winter Storm Warning...suppose to travel tomorrow but might have to cancel..20-40cm expected and the wind is suppose to start tonight and expecting 90km/hr winds with 150 km/hr gusts overnight and into tomorrow..calm before the storm
    Attachment 275361
    Natalka and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

..currently in the midst of the worst snowstorm ever (NFLD).....the snow & wind started yesterday afternoon and increased into the night.....when I went to bed at 1:30 am huge snow drifts everywhere...and then the wind kicked it up a notch at around 5:20 am...my entire house is shaking..the floors are vibrating (good lord) and in the middle of it all my wood stove started smoking through every seam , door, it set off the fire alarms...my house is full of smoke right now...I've shut down the stove as best as I can but it's still "smoking"..managed to crack a window that wasn't frozen shut so it is helping get rid of the smoke...it is sooo windy, I wouldn't even be able to leave my house if I had to..I have people on standby if it gets anymore out of control...100km/hr winds easy, I have no idea on the gusts 150km/hr+??? So still hanging on to the power & internet for now...having a coffee...I'll be glad once this storm is over....wow....
    Last edited by KelJo; Tue, Mar 3rd, 2015 at 06:33 AM.
    princessjen likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Windchill -33, temp -23

Supposed to go up to -16

HOWEVER, -39 windchill overnight, GAH!
    princessjen likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another disaster of a day ahead...snowing, winds, freezing rain
    princessjen likes this.

Thread Information