User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sounds good to me - so many deals are in stores particular to certain provinces - even to not give out much info about where you live - at least put store and city/province - maybe not so much the particular store location

CPNnewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (83%)

if you don't feel comfortable, then don't worry about putting the particular location, maybe just the city ( if it's big like Toronto!). However, I think province would be good idea, as there are so many ppl here from various provinces and it can get confused!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I understand not wanting to give away to much personal info, but it is a drag when you see a good deal, and waste time going only to find out it not the same at the store near you. I think province and general area , GTA, York Durham region etc is not giving away too much info but enough so others do not waste time looking.
    I love all the deals that i see on here but am sooooo jealous when my store does not have the same deals, But congrats to all those that find them.

Trading Score
    63 (87%)

I'd just like to point out that just because you scored at a particular store, it doesn't mean that you live in the same area... It just means you spotted a deal at that store. On the other hand, having your city listed in your profile DOES tell people where you live!
    Always L4 Purina ProPlan tin FPC's for my babies!!!

JAMs Wife
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I always put the store name and town, hope it helps other people find the same deals
    Like FREE and EASY?!? Join Swagbucks and start earning free stuff (amazon gift cards, pay pal, the list is endless) NOW
    My blog - Little Miss Kate - Blogging about life as a mom, reviews, giveaways and everything in between

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I'm not too concerned about the identity part...I don't think anyone one here uses their full name as their id, so there is no way for people to know who you are unless you use a VERY unique user name that everyone in your town would associate with you. Not to mention PM the info is no different...you would still be giving it to someone unknown.

But if you feel uncomfortable than don't say it's in the town where you live...say you were visiting friends or on vacation or that you work in that town. Really, knowing the location is more to help with wasting less time hunting for non-existant deals than to point out where you live.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

+ 100

I was so excited to get the McCain deep and delicious cakes on sale for ~1.50 from Foodland, but they weren't on sale at my stupid store...and I made a special trip up there and everything...ah well...

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

that's a great idea!!!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

You read my mind and if that info can be in the title of the thread (not just the first post) that would be even better (as much as is possible, respecting privacy issues). Thanks for bringing it up.

Trading Score
    36 (97%)

[quote=kiwis-mom;701194]I'm not too concerned about the identity part...I don't think anyone one here uses their full name as their id, so there is no way for people to know who you are unless you use a VERY unique user name that everyone in your town would associate with you. Not to mention PM the info is no different...you would still be giving it to someone unknown.

I actually had a chuckle at this cuz I referred one of my bfs here and she did use her full name as her username. She doesn't post or hasn't yet just looks for coupons and stuff I told her to try to figure out how to change it but hasn't yet....... I still am not too worried re privacy I give my full name and addy for trains and trades. We have a sign on our property that says Never mind the dog beware of owner. LOL!!!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

No one is going to hunt you down if you put which store/city you saw the deal at.
    Some people don't have their city listed in their profile, so it's helpful to state it.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

[quote=kikikollects;701810]
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwis-mom View Post
    I'm not too concerned about the identity part...I don't think anyone one here uses their full name as their id, so there is no way for people to know who you are unless you use a VERY unique user name that everyone in your town would associate with you. Not to mention PM the info is no different...you would still be giving it to someone unknown.

I actually had a chuckle at this cuz I referred one of my bfs here and she did use her full name as her username. She doesn't post or hasn't yet just looks for coupons and stuff I told her to try to figure out how to change it but hasn't yet....... I still am not too worried re privacy I give my full name and addy for trains and trades. We have a sign on our property that says Never mind the dog beware of owner. LOL!!!

teehee..."Never mind the dog beware of owner" that's too funny! I should one of those signs, would be a good way to warn door-to-door marketers to stay off my front porch!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I find for those posting HRM deals, we do a pretty good job of stating in the title that it's possibly for HRM only. And for anyone about to ask, it's Halifax Regional Municipality.

But yes I agree, prices vary by location and should be stated so.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Honestly If I lived somewhere like in Toronto I'd have no problems posting what store, but I only divuldge that in a pm ( to someone im comfortable with) if someone really needs to know since I live in a rural area, EG I drive 20 minutes to go to Walmart with the big population of 10 000 people, so I really don't feel comfortable divuldging what town specifically I found the deals. It does say Ontario in my side profile though.

IF anything the mods love it when you post an expiry (if any) to help sort through things.

I'd also like noone to feel like they can't post a hot deal they found if they are not comfortable posting all the details as suggested.

Whoever wants to post details more the power to you, for those in my boat please dont hesitate to still post what deals you find, theres no way were going to exclude people who don't feel comfortable posting details on locations, and need to respect their privacy.

Seriously while we are a great community, this is a public forum with hundreds of thousands of visitors, new ones each day, theres no telling if they all have the best intentions.

Just wanted to make that clear on a mods perspective because Im sure the other mods would agree.
    Last edited by Sally888; Fri, Jan 30th, 2009 at 12:10 PM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I think it's great that a lot of people like to share on here.

My suggestion is just to help take the frustration and disappointment out of finding deals. If people clearly state what sort of sale is happening with the item that would go a long way; ie store-specific, clearance, new promo, etc; that will let people know what the chances are in getting the same deal at their local stores. If your comfortable with saying the town/region that would make it all the better!
    If you just want to share that you got a great deal but don't want to share where it's to be found (for whatever reason) you can also post it in the bragging area...then people know how well you made out but won't expect that they can find the same deal where they are.

This is all about making it easier & less frustrating to share the wealth!

Happy Bargin Hunting!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information