User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I think like people should to feel free to post their deals in bragging or the main page and everyone will just have to respect that, wether they post all the pertinent information youd like or not.

Im going to forward this thread to Boo as its his site.

Quite often I've found these fantastic deals at my local stores and its really going to suck if there not posted on the main page anymore. I don't think its fair to say since your not posting the stores location please post in another section. Sc is a place for everyone to post, wether they want to divulge personal information or not.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I think like people should to feel free to post their deals in bragging or the main page and everyone will just have to respect that, wether they post all the pertinent information youd like or not.

Im going to forward this thread to Boo as its his site.

Quite often I've found these fantastic deals at my local stores and its really going to suck if there not posted on the main page anymore. I don't think its fair to say since your not posting the stores location please post in another section. Sc is a place for everyone to post, wether they want to divulge personal information or not.
    I kind of agree with Sally. I think we come on here everyday with an understanding that when we read peoples posts about great deals, we all take a chance on whether or not they'll be at our store.

Wakeforsoul and I are going shopping tonight, but her and I both know that not every single deal is going to be at our zellers. So I just wrote down a lot of stuff to look for, and if it's there, it's there. If it's not, it's not.

I think it really only becomes an issue, if you're running out every single time a deal is posted.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

kiwis-mom thanks for your suggestion. I agree with Sally, Wakeforsoul and ex0ticb3lla on this. Although mentioning where you got your deals from won't harm, it's not a must and doesn't add much value. Note that many stores like Walmart, Zellers, Shoppers etc. have a centralized computer system and MOST deals are generic and at all stores. Of course some are specific manager deals but that's the exception rather than the rule.

Therefore, I think nothing on SC should change. If you want to mention where you got your deals from that's cool but you certainly don't have to.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have to agree too. There is no way I'd put where I'm from on for the public.
    Certain people know where I'm at and I'm cool with that... I agree that nothing should change either.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I was about to post something about putting your location in when posting in flyers and deals, and saw this similar post.

Having been brought up in a small community, I totally understand concerns about being in a small place and not wanting the world to know who you are. I'm in a fairly good-sized city, and still don't want to give too much away!

But maybe we can specify province? If you just say Superstore for example, the sales in Real Canadian Superstore and Atlantic Superstore mostly won't be the same. If you say Ontario, I won't bother to read because I know I won't get the same deal!

When you look at their flyers online, they often want you to specify your postal code, but I think that's more for the store to identify who's using the online flyer rather than a different flyer appearing from town to town in a province. I don't think that sales in stores vary from city to town to village to whatever in a province, although I've never checked it out to verify, anybody know? Does Halifax have different sales from say, New Glasgow or Whycocomagh?

Z

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

I agree with the rest - although everyone and their sister on the internet knows who I am and pretty well where I live because I've run several online business's - it really doesn't matter to me if it's posted the exact location the deal came from. I'll probably check anyway if I'm at Zellers or Walmart etc., even if it is a different location then someone else found it at because you just never know - lol!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information